Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Edition of Yuccs bendable pipe locks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 18, 2008, 02:11:55 PM

Sorry Yucc, what is that pipe made out of tissue paper?

You must be accountable for your actions!

#16 : June 18, 2008, 03:05:23 PM

Haye won't get 11 sacks.  Most I can see him getting is 9.  White, however, may pull that one off.  Not likely, but at least possible.

Can't see losing Ike, or Griese.  Why?  Because both are in the same boat.  It's almost a lock that Garcia won't last the whole season.  So you have to plan on having 2 QBs still, and that's Luke and Brian, in whatever order you prefer.  The only way we go 3 QBs is by dropping JJ.  The only scenraio where I could see us trading Greise is if Jeff wasn't starting.  Then you could roll the dice a bit.  Same goes for Ike.  Joey is very old, you can't count on him making the whole year.  Ike's the only other guy that's performed consistently well.  No way can you drop him.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 18, 2008, 10:21:48 PM

I don't like thinking Garcia can't play whole year.  If that's true then '08-09 is his last year any where except as a back up.  I think he'd rather retire than be a back up.  He has a lot of pride.  Also, don't see dropping Griese.  He's an insurance policy.  Not a great one.  But better than Grads and Simms IMHO.  Ike stays. 

I almost feel like we have too much talent this year because I'd hate to see some of the guys developing taken from our PC. 

Love your projection yucc.  I am very high on this years team.  As I did last year, I worry about getting it all to gel.  Like will Faine pick up enough to really be effective this year or do we have to wait for him to get Gruden's book next year???  I just hope I never have to see Garcia bend down to get the hike on every play again.

#18 : June 18, 2008, 10:33:12 PM

Clayton will lead the team in tds? I'll go out on a limb & predict Jerramy Stevens may have something to say about that.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 18, 2008, 10:49:44 PM

All of these things that Yucc's has listed IS a possibility. With the team last year not having very good play from their WR's outside of Galloway, a lot of teams may be looking to shut Galloway down opening up room for guys like a Bryant or Clayton to step up. So to say it's out of reach, isn't as likely as you think.

I see all 3 of those players getting cut. Carter, although hes a good teacher and understands a lot of the game, is getting old and didn't really impress me enough last year to warrant a spot this year. Players with less time, had better showings than Carter did.

Clayton could very well lead this team in TD's. I see him being used a lot more in goal line situations.

Sears, Joseph, and Faine have the makings of a probowl interior line. It may not be done this year, but maybe in the next year or so. Out of all this is the one I feel the most unlikely.

Dunn and Graham could very well both have 1000 yard seasons. But I don't think it will come on rushing alone. I believe they will see this number with both rushing and receiving and that IS possible.

I also agree that Griese will come camping but he will not make the final cut down. Griese is expendable and I think McCown beats him out and takes the number 2 spot. Dropping Griese to 4th on the chart behind Johnson.

The schedule is favorable, and I believe we can achieve 11 wins.

jacksmith

Rookie

#20 : June 19, 2008, 12:35:01 AM

Keep drinking the optimism juice buddy. I doubt even one of those things actually happens.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 19, 2008, 10:02:44 AM

So basically you're saying Garcia will stay healthy ALLLLLLL season long? Throughout preseason, and all 16 games, plus 3 nationally televised games? You sir, can't be serious!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Edition of Yuccs bendable pipe locks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools