Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons/Cowboys « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 16, 2006, 10:47:11 PM

A few things are pretty obvious from this game:
Barber will be the featured running back for Dallas if he keeps up with his terrific play.
Roy Williams looks an awful like Lynch in his prime; did you see the way he slammed Vick to the ground on the sideline tackle! 
Terry Glenn is in fact a very underrated receiver in this league; well said Bryant!
the NFL Network has been blessed with two pretty decent games back to back so late in the season.
There are a lot of QB's who would look good with Dallas right now; I'm not totally sold on Romo just yet.
It doesn't look as thought he Tuna will be going anywhere for the next couple of years at least.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 16, 2006, 10:57:52 PM

Vick just leaves the game?

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 16, 2006, 11:08:03 PM

Did Vick give up or was he hurt?  He looked hurt to me.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 16, 2006, 11:33:15 PM

Even with a 7-7 record the Falcons are in the thick of the playoff chase.  They still have to play Carolina and then at Philly. Both of those teams are still fighting for a WC spot as well.  I think the Falcons would have to pull out all the stops and get to the NFC championship game to save Mora's job.  Not likely. But still its hard to write the obituary for Mora until they are actually eliminated.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : December 16, 2006, 11:34:19 PM

He took his ball & went home!

#20 : December 16, 2006, 11:40:43 PM

Boy the NFL Network sure is having a rookie campaign in game coverage. Having no back up plan with Cris Collinsworth not able to call the game due to previous NBC obligations was terrible. Then to top it off, they bring in **CENSORED** Vermeil to do his job and he has laryngitis! Halfway through the first quarter they bring in Marshall Faulk to try to make up for it, and just make it worse. All of this is going on with Bryant Gumbel calling the play by play. At one time Gumbel says, "Vick just got the ball off as the shot clock was expiring!"

Vermeil was scheduled to do the saturday games all along.  They just didn't know he was gonna be sick.

watson

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 16, 2006, 11:53:33 PM

So who is the next HC in Atlanta next year? blank looked like he wanted to pull the trigger tonight. They lose, Mora has the interview, The multiple personal foul calls, and Vick just giving up at the end?
The Cowboys look like your typical Parcells team. I can't explain why they got roughed up so bad last week against the Saints unless the Saints are just that good, but I really think this Dallas team could easily be in the big game. They will pound the ball with barber, have a threat in Romo (Parcells & rookies work pretty well/Hostetler), two great receivers, and a defense that can get it done.

Guru,
When you talk about rookies, are you talking just about Barber or who?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 17, 2006, 09:06:53 AM

So who is the next HC in Atlanta next year? blank looked like he wanted to pull the trigger tonight. They lose, Mora has the interview, The multiple personal foul calls, and Vick just giving up at the end?
The Cowboys look like your typical Parcells team. I can't explain why they got roughed up so bad last week against the Saints unless the Saints are just that good, but I really think this Dallas team could easily be in the big game. They will pound the ball with barber, have a threat in Romo (Parcells & rookies work pretty well/Hostetler), two great receivers, and a defense that can get it done.

Guru,

Not really pointing out rookies Watson.  All great running backs run behind great O-lines.  But Marion Barber has looked great all season IMO.  I think the Tuna has decided he is their feature back and I can see this team riding his back for a long time.

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 17, 2006, 10:22:10 AM

Guru,

Not really pointing out rookies Watson. All great running backs run behind great O-lines. But Marion Barber has looked great all season IMO. I think the Tuna has decided he is their feature back and I can see this team riding his back for a long time.
What confused me was you mentioned Barber and Romo and then said that Parcells works well with rookies. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Warhorse

Second String

#24 : December 17, 2006, 12:37:59 PM

How did they get both Faulk and Deion in the booth? I guess both those guys just happened to be at the game?

I assume they were compensated? Vermeil did not make it through the whole game.

#25 : December 17, 2006, 12:40:05 PM

They were there to do the pre and post game show.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons/Cowboys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools