Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Biggest Rival? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 19, 2008, 01:55:50 PM

Panthers for sure. In the playoffs it's the Eagles.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 19, 2008, 01:56:44 PM

I don't think any of the NFC South rivalries have risen to what the old games against the Packers and Bears were like.
Definitely agree with you there.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 19, 2008, 01:57:16 PM

The Bears because their fans were the worst. Packers fans are obnoxious but they'd give you a brat and pat you on the back. I remember back in the 80's when they just crushed us twice a year without fail, we were playing them at Tampa Stadium, got off to a big lead. We were kicking their butts. Then Jim MacMahon came off the bench and the rest, as they, say was history. Don't think we weren't giving it to the Bears fans a little. We got it all back....with interest.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 19, 2008, 02:13:22 PM

Atlanta and Carolina
before the Nfc South  Green Bay- St Louis- Philadelphia-Chicago-Minnesota

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 19, 2008, 02:18:46 PM

I don't think any of the NFC South rivalries have risen to what the old games against the Packers and Bears were like.

Well, they don't bring the fans like the old rivalries and they haven't had as long to develop so that's really no surprise.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 19, 2008, 02:20:57 PM

Back in the Norris days I'd say it was a tie between Packers and Bears. Bears maybe more heated but  rival doesn't automatically mean hate to me.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#21 : June 19, 2008, 02:22:35 PM

I have personal hatred for the Saints so for me its them

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 19, 2008, 02:27:03 PM

Well, they don't bring the fans like the old rivalries and they haven't had as long to develop so that's really no surprise.

Kinda nice huh? We don't have to fight through a whole section of visitors to get to our seats...lol

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 19, 2008, 02:39:54 PM

I think the Saint fans and Buc fans have a mutual respect for each other...both are franchises that have been losers for most of their existence.  And from what I read, both fans treat each other very well when visiting (for the most part).

thanson

Starter

#24 : June 19, 2008, 02:46:14 PM

Tampa Media

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 19, 2008, 02:56:59 PM

Kinda nice huh? We don't have to fight through a whole section of visitors to get to our seats...lol

True... that said some bucs fans are worse then the bears/packer fans. 

For awhile I thought it might be nice if our stadium was a little less friendly, but after thinking about that for a bit, I really don't have too much of a problem with the visitors. The ones I can's stand are the folks in Bucs gear every week except the week we play their real team.  LAME!

When I lived in Boston I wore a Bruins jersey even when the Lightning came to town.  Even then I knew my residence in Boston was temporary still there's a reason you're in the town you live in, Represent Already!  If you don't want to represent, move.   

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 19, 2008, 03:02:18 PM

when ATL had vick.. i just hated them.. now they arnt a threat...  i dislike the panthers the most... but have no problem with them or their fans..

ATL fans are the worst.  so they are my rivals.

but the teams... i would have to say the saints.  over-hyped just like the falcons were. predicted to win alot.. but never amount to much except once.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 19, 2008, 03:04:18 PM

I would say the Eagles or Washington. The Eagles for their big game clashes over the last 10 years. washington for how many of the washington fans come into town and wreck havock at Tampa stadium.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 19, 2008, 03:05:17 PM

when ATL had vick.. i just hated them.. now they arnt a threat...  i dislike the panthers the most... but have no problem with them or their fans..

ATL fans are the worst.  so they are my rivals.

but the teams... i would have to say the saints.  over-hyped just like the falcons were. predicted to win alot.. but never amount to much except once.

I see them as a bigger potential threat now that Vick is gone. Before I know he'd screw it up. Now they actually have a chance down the road, something I never thought they had before. So while the threat is maybe less this year,  longer term they now have hope.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 19, 2008, 11:07:06 PM

Panthers.

We're 2-8 vs them last 5 seasons.  :-[ We seem to give the Saints a run for their money every year at least.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Biggest Rival? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools