Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: June 24, 2008, 12:25:53 AM

I am not sold on RODDY WHITE.

One good year does not a good WR make...
Are you sold on Barrett Ruud, Tanard Jackson, Gaines Adams, etc.?
Indeed I am in Ruud's case.

I am prone to "hometown heroes", so Tanard has a soft spot in my heart, and leaves big holes in Dallas Clarks chestpiece...so yeah, I guess you can say I am sold on his abilities.  Was on his draft day when guys were shooting him down as well.  I called him a "ballhawk".  I mentioned that despite his perceived lack of speed, that he always was around the ball.  ALWAYS.  And a few people said not always.  He has good instincts, and as an NFL safety, he is the real deal.  He, like Haye, have a knack for scooping up the looseballs.  I was pissed when they called his TD return versus the Lions...that would have sealed the deal, IMO...

As for Gaines, I am warming up to the idea that he could be an all out force in the NFL.  He started very slowly, but he caught on.  I doubt he sophmore slumps because 1)  he is a DE, and 2) his age.  He is 25, and most likely will be mentally prepared to deal with the strain of severe bodily punishment that happens in the trenches...

SO yeah...I am sold I guess.

As for Roddy White...meh.  The Falcons were forced into throwing the ball a lot last season.  Granted they had lousy QBs, but when you air it out 40 times a game, somebody is going to have nice stats.  (It wasn't Dunn who would run into pass coverage occasionally, and STILL get dropped for minimal gains after one arm tackles as well...but I digress).  No, I am not sold on White.  I expect his numbers to be down this season.  Mostly because Turner and company will be trying to ground out a run attack, but also because I think he is not that good, despite the numbers. 

#1 : June 22, 2008, 08:51:21 AM

You don't need to do all that.   We can play opinions on what picks worked out the best all day long.  The proof is in the pudding, that's all that counts.   Did he win?   Do we win now?   Let me see, this should be pretty close....

Last 5 years with Mr McKay:     54-33, 4/5 playoff wins, 1 SuperBowl appearance, 1 Lombardi

Last 5 since he left:    36-46, 0 playoff wins, 0 SuperBowl appearances, 0 NFC titles, 0 Lombardi's

It's amazing how "Mr McKay" gets so much credit for winning the SuperBowl, while Gruden gets none from you. Glaring inconsistencies such as this are the reason that only a moron would give you any credibility.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 22, 2008, 01:22:45 PM

But hey, he did draft Roddie White.  And A DB that was just cut.  After one season.  And he did get demoted.
You mean "Roddy" White who was #8 in receiving yards last season with by far the worst quarterback situation of any of the top 10 receivers?

In a wide-open passing offense, who were behind and throwing a lot into prevent defenses.  Yup, that Roddy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 22, 2008, 01:06:09 PM

But hey, he did draft Roddie White.  And A DB that was just cut.  After one season.  And he did get demoted.
You mean "Roddy" White who was #8 in receiving yards last season with by far the worst quarterback situation of any of the top 10 receivers?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#4 : June 19, 2008, 06:27:34 PM

Chris Simms or Daunte Culpepper?

The conversation involved who the Cowboys should bring in to back up Romo and Cowboy fan said there is no way he takes Simms over Pep. If forced to make a decision right now, Kirwan said he'd sign Pep but would like to see Simms throw the rock. Said the boys should request permission to work out Simms and then discuss compensation.

There were some pretty interesting points made for both sides.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : June 19, 2008, 06:30:55 PM

The only way Allen should say no to that request, would be if Simms was indeed damaged goods, and Allen didn't want them to see that. If the kid is healthy, and can toss the ball, there should be no reason to deny that request. Not too mention if Simms has a decent showing, the word would quickly spread and increase his trade value.

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : June 19, 2008, 06:40:29 PM

Brad Johnson and Jason Garrett, makes sense.

Then wherever Garrett goes as HC (and brings Johnson with him as QB coach) Simms will probably go also.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 19, 2008, 06:43:26 PM

How long until Garrett is the Cowboys, or someone else's, HC?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#8 : June 19, 2008, 06:51:04 PM

The only way Allen should say no to that request, would be if Simms was indeed damaged goods, and Allen didn't want them to see that. If the kid is healthy, and can toss the ball, there should be no reason to deny that request. Not too mention if Simms has a decent showing, the word would quickly spread and increase his trade value.

I agree Abuccs

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 19, 2008, 07:00:13 PM

The problem is that the team more then likely does not know if Simms is damaged goods or not right now.  The last time they saw him he was crap but he has not seen them since.  He can say he is ready all he wants but the FO has no way of knowing so.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : June 19, 2008, 07:39:26 PM

The problem is that the team more then likely does not know if Simms is damaged goods or not right now.  The last time they saw him he was crap but he has not seen them since.  He can say he is ready all he wants but the FO has no way of knowing so.
I would be appalled in the GM and Coach of my favorite team was as uninformed about one of their players as you attest they are.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 20, 2008, 11:15:24 AM

The problem is that the team more then likely does not know if Simms is damaged goods or not right now. The last time they saw him he was crap but he has not seen them since. He can say he is ready all he wants but the FO has no way of knowing so.
I would be appalled in the GM and Coach of my favorite team was as uninformed about one of their players as you attest they are.
Uninformed about what?  Simms' abilities?  Simms hasn't thrown a single pass for the team since the injury.  How is anyone going to know what his abilities are?  I assume you want them to spy on him?

#12 : June 20, 2008, 11:20:30 AM

Considering Chrissy's attitude and actions this offseason, how the heck are they supposed to know?  Unless he looked good last season they have no way of knowing.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 20, 2008, 11:23:19 AM

Culpepper clearly has a higher ceiling. At his best he was a MVP candidate. At Simms' best he was 1/1 TD/INT. Leftwich has shown more than Simms and he's available, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 20, 2008, 11:37:40 AM

The only difference between Chris Simms and Kyle Boller is the name on the jersey.  Both Boller and Simms are below average QB's with certain skill sets that coaches love.  The only problem is that they lack the overall ability to play the position.  If a team offers anything for Simms, they are wasting whatever that offer is.  Simms is not even worth a roster spot in the NFL.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools