Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 20, 2008, 11:38:15 AM

This is why the Simms non show makes little sense.  Why not show for the OTA's?  If you truly want to be traded to another team you should be out marketing your skills.   At present there is absolutely no proof Simms can ever be an NFL QB again unless you go by his word which last year certainly didn't mean much.

He said the same thing last year  "I am ready to play"  Training camp showed that he clearly hadn't recovered whether it was mental or physical or both is up for debate.

If Simms truly is interested in continuing to play in the NFL he needs to show  what he can do.  I guess the Bucs could schedule a tryout for him to interested parties?

thanson

Starter

#16 : June 20, 2008, 11:39:16 AM

They will go with simms, simply for the reason he is a home town boy. even if he sucks and doesn't play, people will buy his jersey just cause they are texas fans.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 20, 2008, 11:51:34 AM

Simms for Terry Glenn?  ;) ;D

Snook

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 20, 2008, 12:26:03 PM

Isn't Brad Johnson still there?  I'd take a 50 year old Brad over Simms and Culpepper for a backup to Romo ... ANY DAY.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 22, 2008, 11:41:34 AM

You don't need to do all that.   We can play opinions on what picks worked out the best all day long.  The proof is in the pudding, that's all that counts.   Did he win?   Do we win now?   Let me see, this should be pretty close....

Last 5 years with Mr McKay:     54-33, 4/5 playoff wins, 1 SuperBowl appearance, 1 Lombardi

Last 5 since he left:    36-46, 0 playoff wins, 0 SuperBowl appearances, 0 NFC titles, 0 Lombardi's

And for the record, this is why I generally have no respect for the Chuck lover crowd.   If a guy had a positive  opinion about Chuck and left it at that it would be one thing, fine, we disagree.   But 9 times out of 10 if they love their Chucky then they feel they have to attack every GM, coach, player that he's had a beef with.   Leave it alone, regardless of whether or not Chuck and Rich got along, McKay did a GREAT job for us here in Tampa.   Only an idiot could say otherwise.  'Nuff said.

It must be wonderful to be so blinded by your love for McKay that you can't even get your facts straight.
How do the Bucs have a 36-46 record in the 5 years since he left? He was shown the door in December of 2003 so that only leaves 4 seasons since then. Must be nice to just invent stats like that to suit your opinion. Seems the downward spiral began on McKays watch with that 7-9 season.

It's also nice that you seem to credit all those wins to McKays talent not once mentioning how the heart and soul of the team was already in place before he got the job and how when he left he hadn't bothered to look to the future when they were past their prime, instead jumping ship to ruin another franchise and leave the carnage for another GM to get the blame for.

goto11

Starter
#20 : June 20, 2008, 01:49:12 PM

They will go with simms, simply for the reason he is a home town boy. even if he sucks and doesn't play, people will buy his jersey just cause they are texas fans.

There is a Texas bias against Simms.  Bringing up the Simms/Applewhite debate in Texas is the same thing as bringing up the Dungy/Gruden debate in Tampa; it's still hotly debated.  And most of them seem to fall squarely on the Applewhite side of the fence.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 20, 2008, 02:59:39 PM

There is a Texas bias against Simms. Bringing up the Simms/Applewhite debate in Texas is the same thing as bringing up the Dungy/Gruden debate in Tampa; it's still hotly debated. And most of them seem to fall squarely on the Applewhite side of the fence.

The reason is simple.  Simms DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to convince anyone he was better than Applewhite.  Go look at the numbers, they are virtually identical.  The only reason Simms WAS GIVEN (not earned), the job was because of his name.  Like I said, their numbers are identical... hence, if Applewhite was never drafted, neither should have Simms.

thanson

Starter

#22 : June 20, 2008, 03:02:45 PM

tbay. I think you are right. I wonder how much money from his dad was "dontated" to the school?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 22, 2008, 12:35:42 AM

Allen has done well......

Good LORD I hope we don't ever do badly if this is doing well. Anyway let's move on, I prefer to win, some prefer to have their favorite guy in the GM office.
I prefer to win also. Allen has put Gruden in position to do that, but the Offensive genius has failed to deliver offense. Even after he got the QB he's longed for. Garcia = overrated...Gruden = overrated. You are the simple minded one who tries to lump Gruden and Allen together as one.
I think we all know you despise Gruden...espescially after posting a pic of your burning Chuckie book...

I am sure PMS has had his mind blown, and simply cannot fathom what you are trying to say.

It does not work that way for a guy who listens to the local press day in and out.  Like the Chronic.  Two legendary radiophiles.

I also think it is funny that he mentions McKays playoff record and wins as a Falcon to support argument A, but thinks it is deplorable to mention such a thing in argument B...completely circular, and most importantly, hippocritical.

The guy has an obvious agenda.  He is the little weasle standing on the corner trying to convince passersby that he is the second coming of Nostradamus...

How many years has Gruden been the coach now?  It must be killing him.  Simply MURDERING his innards...and I think it is funny.  Funny as in the "Ha Ha" he amuses me kind of funny...

He is a Top 1 percenter all right.  He just fails to mention what end of the spectrum he resides...

His POV is shot, rehashed, and I have read some of the same inane junk on the other board...most notably the Clayton-BEATS UP GRUDEN crap.  WHat a bunch of retarded crap...like I said, it is a regurgitation of simple mindedness, and it proves what a guy with access to a keyboard and derangements can do...

He can hate GRuden and Allen all I want, but he is obviously a dude who just does not get it.  He can mention things like posting links, when he says he knows for a fact, but if someone rebutts his "known" fact, he meanders into the same old braying that "How can you not possibly fathom that" crap. 

I am hip to his bleating.  He is definitely not smarter than the average bear though...

obuc

Starter

#24 : June 20, 2008, 04:22:24 PM

This is why the Simms non show makes little sense. Why not show for the OTA's? If you truly want to be traded to another team you should be out marketing your skills. At present there is absolutely no proof Simms can ever be an NFL QB again unless you go by his word which last year certainly didn't mean much.

He said the same thing last year "I am ready to play" Training camp showed that he clearly hadn't recovered whether it was mental or physical or both is up for debate.

If Simms truly is interested in continuing to play in the NFL he needs to show what he can do. I guess the Bucs could schedule a tryout for him to interested parties?

That is why it does make sense. Because if he is hurt then noone will take him and he probably is and wants to try to sign a deal with some guaranteed money .

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 20, 2008, 04:29:33 PM

I think Simms has seen all the "guaranteed" money he's gonna get.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 20, 2008, 04:33:32 PM

This is why the Simms non show makes little sense. Why not show for the OTA's? If you truly want to be traded to another team you should be out marketing your skills. At present there is absolutely no proof Simms can ever be an NFL QB again unless you go by his word which last year certainly didn't mean much.

He said the same thing last year "I am ready to play" Training camp showed that he clearly hadn't recovered whether it was mental or physical or both is up for debate.

If Simms truly is interested in continuing to play in the NFL he needs to show what he can do. I guess the Bucs could schedule a tryout for him to interested parties?

That is why it does make sense. Because if he is hurt then noone will take him and he probably is and wants to try to sign a deal with some guaranteed money .

I don't think it's about the money at all, I think he just wants a chance to play.  If he's cut, he won't make anywhere near as much somewhere else as he is right now.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : June 22, 2008, 11:14:50 AM

You must not be much fun at a card table.

Not unless you like losing money.

Now THAT is funny....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 20, 2008, 08:21:00 PM

Culpepper clearly has a higher ceiling. At his best he was a MVP candidate. At Simms' best he was 1/1 TD/INT. Leftwich has shown more than Simms and he's available, too.

This is my argument for why we'll never get anything of value for Simms and should just cut him now.  People act like Simms is the #1 option if a QB is injured,  but there are better or equivalent QBs still on the market that don't cost a pick.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#29 : June 20, 2008, 08:31:31 PM

The only way Allen should say no to that request, would be if Simms was indeed damaged goods, and Allen didn't want them to see that. If the kid is healthy, and can toss the ball, there should be no reason to deny that request. Not too mention if Simms has a decent showing, the word would quickly spread and increase his trade value.

Have you been watching?   It's got nothing to do with what's best for the Bucs, it's what's best for Chuckles these days.   Right now he and Simms are in a pissing contest, actually it's been going on for years as I reported on the other board,  but the point is they are not going to do him any favors.   As you say, why  in hell wouldn't they otherwise?   Same reason we ran off a SuperBowl winning GM in favor of a guy that is 36-46 with ZERO playoff wins since he arrived - it's what's best for Chuck, not the team.   If it cost us a bit to screw Simms than so be it, that will teach him to mess with the egomaniac.   

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools