Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#150 : June 25, 2008, 06:23:39 PM

I'm sorry you can't open your mind to the possibility Rich McKay may have drafted a good player.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#151 : June 25, 2008, 07:47:40 PM

'nuff said is the phrase used most often when one has said too much... carry on is an appropriate conclusion to all such posts....  this tripe is TBBB stuff - you can sell some on the tripe offered.  But if you step back and look - you will see the addition of Gruden lead to the SB.  The treachery of Rich with his golfing and absences from OTAs and team activities were a prelude to a disintegrating relationship with the owners.  He did himself in - nice pick of Simms - a spite pick - made in spite of recommendations from the coaching staff. 

Nope - you are just a one trick pony - grabbing whatever fits your agenda from a tough past few years.  Sorry you miss Rich.  But there are not a boat load of folks who would agree.  Heck, I think the owner of the big orange box is looking forward to missing Rich. 

The part about " I understand" is either ill conceived or disingenous - you will have to make that call.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#152 : June 25, 2008, 09:45:34 PM

'nuff said is the phrase used most often when one has said too much... carry on is an appropriate conclusion to all such posts....  this tripe is TBBB stuff - you can sell some on the tripe offered.  But if you step back and look - you will see the addition of Gruden lead to the SB.  The treachery of Rich with his golfing and absences from OTAs and team activities were a prelude to a disintegrating relationship with the owners.  He did himself in - nice pick of Simms - a spite pick - made in spite of recommendations from the coaching staff. 

Nope - you are just a one trick pony - grabbing whatever fits your agenda from a tough past few years.  Sorry you miss Rich.  But there are not a boat load of folks who would agree.  Heck, I think the owner of the big orange box is looking forward to missing Rich. 

The part about " I understand" is either ill conceived or disingenous - you will have to make that call.
In my 5,000+ posts I have not once said I wish McKay was still here nor that I wish Gruden was never hired. Did you not read my post earlier where I said he screwed the pooch hiring Jim Mora instead of Lovie Smith? Please do not paint me with such a simplistic agenda and try to reduce this to such a simplistic argument. I call it like I see it, and the way I see it, Roddy White's 1,202 yards receiving in 2007 (if he was a Buc that would give him the 4th best season receiving in team history) was a damned good year. My agenda is if we all agree McKay wasn't very good, I want to be sure the people we have now picking players are better.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#153 : June 26, 2008, 06:22:11 AM

Hmmm- wasn't directed towards you FRG - was reading an earlier McIrish post - just jumped in without a thought of where my post would land in the order of things - my bad...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#154 : June 26, 2008, 09:07:22 PM

This topic was brought up again today. Cowboy fan is really not pleased going into the season with Brad Johnson as their backup and Simms seems to be his first choice. Kirwan seems to think that Bruce is holding out for a 5... thinks its worth it if he proves he's healthy.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#155 : June 26, 2008, 09:17:17 PM

OT..I for one find Ryan and Kirwan the best show on Sirius NFL... hands down

#156 : June 26, 2008, 10:45:11 PM

OT..I for one find Ryan and Kirwan the best show on Sirius NFL... hands down

without a doubt

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#157 : June 26, 2008, 11:19:50 PM

This topic was brought up again today. Cowboy fan is really not pleased going into the season with Brad Johnson as their backup and Simms seems to be his first choice. Kirwan seems to think that Bruce is holding out for a 5... thinks its worth it if he proves he's healthy.

That's what Chris Landry had said a month or so ago also.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#158 : June 27, 2008, 10:59:04 AM

The potential for getting a 5 goes up as attrition sets in among the QB corps around the league.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#159 : June 27, 2008, 11:09:02 AM

The potential for getting a 5 goes up as attrition sets in among the QB corps around the league.
That is it... dead on. Might as well wait to see how many QB's go down in TC and pre-season.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#160 : June 27, 2008, 11:17:56 AM

That is it... dead on. Might as well wait to see how many QB's go down in TC and pre-season.
Didn't everyone on here say that about Plummer last summer?

#161 : June 27, 2008, 01:58:09 PM

Plummer's value would've been high if he had a desire to play.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#162 : June 27, 2008, 07:00:04 PM

And the dog would have caught the rabbit...  the part I want to know is how the buccs managed to get salary cap credit from money they never paid.  That is just wild...

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools