Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 20, 2008, 08:36:27 PM

The only way Allen should say no to that request, would be if Simms was indeed damaged goods, and Allen didn't want them to see that. If the kid is healthy, and can toss the ball, there should be no reason to deny that request. Not too mention if Simms has a decent showing, the word would quickly spread and increase his trade value.

Have you been watching?   It's got nothing to do with what's best for the Bucs, it's what's best for Chuckles these days.   Right now he and Simms are in a pissing contest, actually it's been going on for years as I reported on the other board,  but the point is they are not going to do him any favors.   As you say, why  in hell wouldn't they otherwise?   Same reason we ran off a SuperBowl winning GM in favor of a guy that is 36-46 with ZERO playoff wins since he arrived - it's what's best for Chuck, not the team.   If it cost us a bit to screw Simms than so be it, that will teach him to mess with the egomaniac.   

::)

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 20, 2008, 08:38:05 PM

The only way Allen should say no to that request, would be if Simms was indeed damaged goods, and Allen didn't want them to see that. If the kid is healthy, and can toss the ball, there should be no reason to deny that request. Not too mention if Simms has a decent showing, the word would quickly spread and increase his trade value.

Have you been watching?   It's got nothing to do with what's best for the Bucs, it's what's best for Chuckles these days.   Right now he and Simms are in a pissing contest, actually it's been going on for years as I reported on the other board,  but the point is they are not going to do him any favors.   As you say, why  in hell wouldn't they otherwise?   Same reason we ran off a SuperBowl winning GM in favor of a guy that is 36-46 with ZERO playoff wins since he arrived - it's what's best for Chuck, not the team.   If it cost us a bit to screw Simms than so be it, that will teach him to mess with the egomaniac.   

Totally ridiculous!!  You "reported" on another board or "commented" on another board?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 20, 2008, 08:38:56 PM

Have you been watching? It's got nothing to do with what's best for the Bucs, it's what's best for Chuckles these days. Right now he and Simms are in a pissing contest, actually it's been going on for years as I reported on the other board, but the point is they are not going to do him any favors. As you say, why in hell wouldn't they otherwise? Same reason we ran off a SuperBowl winning GM in favor of a guy that is 36-46 with ZERO playoff wins since he arrived - it's what's best for Chuck, not the team. If it cost us a bit to screw Simms than so be it, that will teach him to mess with the egomaniac.
Gotta love speculation.  Everyone can do it.

Maybe Bruce Allen does not appreciate paying Simms three mill to sit on the bench, even though he knew he was tore up from surgery, and feels the need to get ANYTHING for him...even a 12 pack of Keystone Lights and a coupon booklet...he could be that cheap and miserly.  See, I can speculate, too?

Gimme cookie!!

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#33 : June 20, 2008, 08:39:49 PM

It's amazing you still don't recognize how this man is.   Even to this day he pouts and refuses to mention Mr McKay in an interview?   Sort of childish isn't it?   Anyway this fued with Simms is old news, check my posts across the street, I have written books on this topic.  

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 20, 2008, 08:41:10 PM

I wonder if McKay ever mentions Gruden?

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#35 : June 20, 2008, 08:42:32 PM

Have you been watching? It's got nothing to do with what's best for the Bucs, it's what's best for Chuckles these days. Right now he and Simms are in a pissing contest, actually it's been going on for years as I reported on the other board, but the point is they are not going to do him any favors. As you say, why in hell wouldn't they otherwise? Same reason we ran off a SuperBowl winning GM in favor of a guy that is 36-46 with ZERO playoff wins since he arrived - it's what's best for Chuck, not the team. If it cost us a bit to screw Simms than so be it, that will teach him to mess with the egomaniac.
Gotta love speculation.  Everyone can do it.

Maybe Bruce Allen does not appreciate paying Simms three mill to sit on the bench

Gimme cookie!!

Remind me again, who's decision was it to give Simms that contract in the first place?   Oh that's right, I thought so too.....

Cookie denied.  

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#36 : June 20, 2008, 08:46:11 PM

Yes, several times.   Even took the high road and complimented him as he hit the door.     Seriously, I can see supporting a coach, but how can you even pretend this guy doesn't have a personality and way of doing things  that rubs people the wrong way.    There has been a long list of players who have risked damaging their career to comment, that's how strongly they felt on the topic.   If you can't see Chuck is one of the most despised head coaches in football you got the homer glasses on pal.   'Nuff said. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 20, 2008, 09:02:55 PM

Gotta love speculation.  Everyone can do it.

Maybe Bruce Allen does not appreciate paying Simms three mill to sit on the bench

Gimme cookie!!

Remind me again, who's decision was it to give Simms that contract in the first place?   Oh that's right, I thought so too.....

Cookie denied. 
I can see how things can get twisted around easily in your P.O.V., so I won't bother to tell you that your comprehension skills are sorely lacking on this one.

I never denied that BA payed him all that loot...I was actually...never mind.  (munching on cookie)

Yes, several times. Even took the high road and complimented him as he hit the door. Seriously, I can see supporting a coach, but how can you even pretend this guy doesn't have a personality and way of doing things that rubs people the wrong way. There has been a long list of players who have risked damaging their career to comment, that's how strongly they felt on the topic. If you can't see Chuck is one of the most despised head coaches in football you got the homer glasses on pal. 'Nuff said.
Yeah, he even complimented him as he walked through the door into a divsion rivals door, and since he went there, has been demoted to take on much less.  McKay is the snake here.  ENOUGH SAID.  It is apparent that your bias against Gruden is prevalent, but don't you get tired of the rhetoric?  Of the single-minded intensity of spewing the same regurgitation over and over?  At some point, you might.  But not tonight I suppose...

Here, lemme break it down for ya ace.  You do not like Gruden!  Woopty doo!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 20, 2008, 09:13:14 PM

McKay is the snake here.

Here, lemme break it down for ya ace. You do not like Gruden! Woopty doo!!

Anyone else I'd  think would be joking, I know you're serious though.   Chuck the good guy, McKay the snake?  ROFLMAO!!   Only on a Bucs board I suppose.    Rich comes one of the most respected families in the NFL, no coincidence he was in the running as Commissioner of Football.   Chuck is a guy that idolizes John Daly and saturates this team with the Jeremy Stevens type of morons.   These two are night and day.    One is well thought of and  held in very high esteem, the other is laughed at constantly, not only around the NFL  but in his own locker room.   I think deep down even you know the difference, one is class, the other is an butt.   'Nuff said. 

Thus it never ends.

The meandering speculation.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 20, 2008, 09:09:32 PM

It is funny though, because if you could bring ANYTHING ELSE to the topic of Bucs football, I would most earnestly read your posts.  BUt almost all of them are negative spins on Gruden...and that is really boring after 15,000 rehashes...thus your banner waves, tattered and drab...but waving nonetheless.

Sigh.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#40 : June 20, 2008, 09:11:13 PM

McKay is the snake here.

Here, lemme break it down for ya ace. You do not like Gruden! Woopty doo!!

Anyone else I'd  think would be joking, I know you're serious though.   Chuck the good guy, McKay the snake?  ROFLMAO!!   Only on a Bucs board I suppose.    Rich comes one of the most respected families in the NFL, no coincidence he was in the running as Commissioner of Football.   Chuck is a guy that idolizes John Daly and saturates this team with the Jeremy Stevens type of morons.   These two are night and day.    One is well thought of and  held in very high esteem, the other is laughed at constantly, not only around the NFL  but in his own locker room.   I think deep down even you know the difference, one is class, the other is an ass.   'Nuff said.  

Â 

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#41 : June 20, 2008, 09:19:52 PM

It is funny though, because if you could bring ANYTHING ELSE to the topic of Bucs football, I would most earnestly read your posts. BUt almost all of them are negative spins on Gruden...and that is really boring after 15,000 rehashes...thus your banner waves, tattered and drab...but waving nonetheless.

Sigh.

Yes I understand how these forums work.   If I post the popular opinion I am "respected", if mine doesn't match up with the other sheep then I am stale and redundant.    Sorry,  I just can't get on the Chuck bandwagon.    I'm not making it up though, it's my very real opinion.    His entire history here, all that is good, was the first few months after he arrived, since then a goose egg.   We did well in 2002, I give him that.    The problem is that's been it, not one other highlight of substance.   A bottom half of the league offense, a GM ran off, coaches jumping ship and publically bashing him, players calling him "the biggest phoney in the game", and not one playoff win since the 2002 season.    Seriously, he's done squat here!  What exactly  should I be excited about?

Oakland?   In his first year Calahan did what Chuck never could do, he took the Raiders to the SuperBowl.   What really worries me though is the two teams associated with Allen and Chuck have been failures the last 5 years.   Complete failures!   We had a SuperBowl winning team, we've gone 36-46 with that championship squad.   The Raiders since their 2002 SuperBowl?   To date they are 19-61!!!!    Combined these two clubs that were in the 2002 SuperBowl are 54-107 ever since!!??  Now remind me again why I should be optimistic these two clowns are building the Bucs the right way?  

Capt Kidd

Starter
#42 : June 20, 2008, 09:25:39 PM

McIrish, tell me you're not really this naive and hateful. We Irishmen are supposed to be an intelligent and happy bunch. Yeesh!

If McKay's last name had been McIrish he'd be spewing hate on a BB board and never would have been in football. Like Chris Simms, he's living off of his daddy's accomplisments. He IS a snake and was an illusion til all the intelligent people, the ones who actually watched his work (or the lack thereof) cost two different teams a bunch of wasted $ and picks.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#43 : June 20, 2008, 09:31:24 PM

...... the ones who actually watched his work (or the lack thereof).......

I watched him come to a team that hadn't even made the playoffs in over a decade before he arrived.   He turned it around almost instantly and before he left we had a Lombardi in the trophy case.    After  he's left  we've yet to win a SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME SINCE THE 2002 SEASON!!    It might take Allen a decade or more to win his first playoff game here!!??!?!

Get real, all the spin in the world will never defeat facts.    Someone said, repition does not transform a lie into the truth.   We were much more successful under McKay than we have been under Allen  and it's not even close!   Next topic please. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 20, 2008, 09:33:13 PM

McIrish, tell me you're not really this naive and hateful.

He's a one trick pony.

He's fishing right now.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Topic of conversation on "Movin the Chains" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools