Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Al Gore's personal energy consumption up 10% « previous next »
Page: 1 2

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 20, 2008, 08:00:54 PM

If Al Gore wasn't a politician would you believe him?

no, because he still flys around in private jets, drives an SUV, and lives in a house that uses more energy in a month then a avg  house uses in a year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 20, 2008, 08:42:46 PM

he is sparking a huge movement in this country.

and after that "huge movement", don't forget to wipe!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 20, 2008, 08:45:47 PM

he is sparking a huge movement in this country.

and after that "huge movement", don't forget to wipe!

yeah that same huge movement who screamed the earth was getting too cold 20 years ago. Its just college kids trying to be cool

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 20, 2008, 11:39:13 PM

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

http://tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=764

Well duh....

How much do you think it took to create his movie? How much pollution was created? I realized he was a liar and con-artist the minute he had that gigantic lift mech to get him up to the map, just to point at a chart. If he was eco-friendly he would've used a yardstick or something lol. He also has a jet, three cars, and a hummer. Yeah...yet HE makes ME feel like a jerk for polluting, right? Lol, he's funny like that.

Little does everyone realize that global warming is just a fad. We've gone through temp changes before, and we will again, and again. AND BTW... for the people who think electric energy is the way to go, just remember, we get that from coal and gas mostly. Nuke energy, solar, hydro etc. doesn't make much power by comparison. At the most it's 20- 30% of our total, not much. It's a fad, made up by people who think they can get extra greenbacks out of the deal, or gain political influance on those who refuse to believe in "it". The fact is, we are in our Warming period, something that has been going on ever since the "little" Ice-age quit.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 20, 2008, 11:53:31 PM

Denying global warming isn't occurring is  a joke!    What is causing it is certainly up for debate.

Bench Warmer...   Take one look at Greenland and the Arctic... Yeh it is just a fad..

Why do you think rainfall and snowfall are increasing?       How much rain is the Arctic?   Ever wonder why they call it a frozen desert?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 20, 2008, 11:53:41 PM

that 232 homes crap is stupid, just keep the time-frame consistent. 19 and a third homes in the same time period.

sure, it seems excessive, but who cares? He's rich If you were rich you wouldn't have any reservations about blasting the AC and leaving the TV on and all that.

the man is rich, why would it surprise anyone to learn that he uses a ton of power? This story comes up every couple years and still not a big deal, since the people in a position to blast him for it would open themselves up to a firestorm of criticism since I'm sure they all do the same crap. The only people who don't waste energy are those of us who can't afford to. Just how it is.
Someone's missing the point

I think you're missing the point here..

If you were a politician and you were PREACHING about greenhouse gases, Yet wasted THAT much power.... I would have to say you're a normal politician (a lier). Regardless of how RICH you are, If you are PREACHING about it, but spending the amount of 200+ homes in your house, that doesn't help your "effort" at all. You are a smart guy...but you have to understand. THIS guy is full of it. plain and simple. I don't see how you don't get it. If I were that rich, I'd still be running around the house turning lights off. Even w/o the preaching part.

Then again, maybe it's just a scam by the dirty republicans  :D

I guess his second movie will be a hit...

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 21, 2008, 12:07:16 AM

Denying global warming isn't occurring is a joke! What is causing it is certainly up for debate.

Bench Warmer... Take one look at Greenland and the Arctic... Yeh it is just a fad..

Why do you think rainfall and snowfall are increasing? How much rain is the Arctic? Ever wonder why they call it a frozen desert?

All that snow and ice went away at one time as well...then came back. Now it is going away again. It's almost a programed cycle for the earth. What is there to understand?

I'm not saying pollution isn't a problem, but natural events, such as volcanoes take there toll. They realease more Co2 than all the cars on the earth out together yearly in ONE eruption. Yet here we are talking about ourselves.. when we are nothing but a speck on the back of a big dog.

Just because rainfall is increasing doesn't bother me much. Some parts of the world don't get rain for years, then a gigantic rain cloud comes and floods them out... I guess thats global warming too.. even though thats happened before we've even had vehicles, or even gas power. Face it, the world changes on it's own. I think there is a study on the great lakes that you need to see. Something about how they "clean" themselves periodically. Maybe on YouTube?

People even complain about overpopulation too... but the ones doing most of the complaining are living in big cities...

#22 : June 21, 2008, 12:24:47 AM

I find it absolutely funny that this happened to Gore of all people.  I'm glad that he is getting bit in the a$$ for it.  Especially since he has been force feeding people this crap by the shovel full, while he lives the life outside of the specs that he sets.  Because of that I hope that he chokes on that extra energy that he burned up while trying to save it.  

While I do believe that climate change happens, (happens as much as a bear crapping in the woods) but it being all related to man made causes is something that I think is a bit farfetched. There is more motive to this IMO then just "saving the earth" mantra, and the feel good story for every little special boy and girl.  I see it as more of one person trying to control what another person is doing.  

I would say that there are somethings that are common sense for economic reason as well, but to completely forego everything for the sake of a "feel good" story with out telling BOTH sides of the story, leaves me a skeptic.

filmfx66

Rookie

#23 : June 21, 2008, 01:10:43 AM

that 232 homes crap is stupid, just keep the time-frame consistent.  19 and a third homes in the same time period.

sure, it seems excessive, but who cares?  He's rich  If you were rich you wouldn't have any reservations about blasting the AC and leaving the TV on and all that.

plus, I think this image sums it up quite nicely. 

the man is rich, why would it surprise anyone to learn that he uses a ton of power?  This story comes up every couple years and still not a big deal, since the people in a position to blast him for it would open themselves up to a firestorm of criticism since I'm sure they all do the same crap.  The only people who don't waste energy are those of us who can't afford to.  Just how it is. 

The reason why we care, sir, is because he preaches conservation and wants US to conserve while he is not conserving himself. This just like when we had the energy crisis in CA years ago and Barbara Streisand tried telling everyone to dry their clothes on a clothes line outside. When asked if she was doing it, she said NO!

The ONLY celeb I have respect for is Ed Bagley Jr. He actually practices what he preaches.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 21, 2008, 01:54:47 AM

that 232 homes crap is stupid, just keep the time-frame consistent. 19 and a third homes in the same time period.

sure, it seems excessive, but who cares? He's rich If you were rich you wouldn't have any reservations about blasting the AC and leaving the TV on and all that.

plus, I think this image sums it up quite nicely.

the man is rich, why would it surprise anyone to learn that he uses a ton of power? This story comes up every couple years and still not a big deal, since the people in a position to blast him for it would open themselves up to a firestorm of criticism since I'm sure they all do the same crap. The only people who don't waste energy are those of us who can't afford to. Just how it is.

The reason why we care, sir, is because he preaches conservation and wants US to conserve while he is not conserving himself. This just like when we had the energy crisis in CA years ago and Barbara Streisand tried telling everyone to dry their clothes on a clothes line outside. When asked if she was doing it, she said NO!

The ONLY celeb I have respect for is Ed Bagley Jr. He actually practices what he preaches.

Good post by the newbie!

#25 : June 21, 2008, 12:21:37 PM

I'd like to have 3 monitors like that! One to do my work, one for play and one to keep fools in check at pewterreport.com the best buccaneers coverage from bay to bay.. that's Tampa bay!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 21, 2008, 12:58:36 PM

so is jesus but people will fight for what they believe in

True.

You can shoot just as many holes through Christianity as you can through global warming.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 22, 2008, 07:58:39 PM

Check out "Climate Confusion" on Amazon.
    http://www.ecoenquirer.com is a website run by the author. Hilarious!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Al Gore's personal energy consumption up 10% « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools