Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Mind-boggling" Crop Circle in the UK « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 20, 2008, 12:07:31 PM

You sound just like a former poster from here. Hmmmmmm. ;)

I DO think the crop circles are "true." Meaning that they are actually in the fields of the UK and
elsewhere around the world. Are most of them done by this group?

http://www.circlemakers.org

Yes.

For a look at the science, go here:

http://www.bltresearch.com/plantab.html

Also, for an intriguing paranormal case, check out the Robbert van den Broeke  case on that website.
Don't know what to make of that one yet.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#16 : June 20, 2008, 12:13:27 PM

end of thread...
There is a group of people in the UK that admitted to doing most of the crop circles over there.

I guess ignorance is prevalent on topics such as this one. I'm amazed at how people can come to
conclusions on subjects without doing any serious studying or reading on it.

And I think it's funny how I'm the first one to mention the human circle makers and folks like
Doc come in late and make ignorant comments. You must try reading what's in a thread if
you want to have an educated discussion about it.

Look at the science and get back to me on how humans can do that to the plants and soil.
I guess they could be bringing portable generators into the circles and then plugging in
some sort of microwave device. So they could be making circles and popcorn.

People, open your minds enough to look at the evidence that has been collected on this
subject, Doug and Dave were not the be all end all on this phenomena.

Let me get this straight, you start a thread about people who believe in God are less intelligent than those who dont. Then you start a thread on crop circles and call people ignorant who laugh at this crap. Dude, thats classic.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 20, 2008, 12:29:28 PM

Dude, look at the science related to the crops and soil and get back to me.

More ignorance.

Next time you can examine God under a microscope, let me know.

#18 : June 20, 2008, 12:30:59 PM

Dude, look at the science related to the crops and soil and get back to me.

More ignorance.

Next time you can examine God under a microscope, let me know.

We can if examine our selves under a microscope.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 20, 2008, 01:13:27 PM

That wouldn't prove anything. But it's interesting.

In the case of the crop circle stuff, we can show that the crop/soil effects are consistent with them
being subjected to some sort of high heat. And "we" can prove that some of the crop/soil has various
anomalies such as node elongation, expulsion cavities (holes blown out at the nodes) that may
be caused by a burst of high heat, reduced growth rate of the crop and much more.

This could be a natural phenomena. Nobody knows. But the are other aspects of the phenomena
that point towards something besides nature.

#20 : June 20, 2008, 01:19:05 PM

I never said they weren't true. I said 99% of them I felt were hoaxes. I have just learned to become very skeptical with these topics that's all. Please don't take it personal.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#21 : June 20, 2008, 02:02:51 PM

If we all could be as intelligent as you UFOfool. If only I could believe in UFOs, ghosts, unicorns, 9/11 conspiracies, Bigfoot, Grassman, Crop circles, Nessie, Global warming, Starchild, Tooth fairy, ESP, Uri Gellar, Fairies, Pixies, Santa . No I'm ignorant, I believe in stupid fairy tails like God, marriage is between a man and woman and love of country. Why cant I be smart enough to realize that constantly ripping on things that I believe in is just your way of enlightening me. Forgive us UFOfool

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 20, 2008, 02:17:17 PM

If we all could be as intelligent as you UFOfool. If only I could believe in UFOs, ghosts, unicorns, 9/11 conspiracies, Bigfoot, Grassman, Crop circles, Nessie, Global warming, Starchild, Tooth fairy, ESP, Uri Gellar, Fairies, Pixies, Santa . No I'm ignorant, I believe in stupid fairy tails like God, marriage is between a man and woman and love of country. Why cant I be smart enough to realize that constantly ripping on things that I believe in is just your way of enlightening me. Forgive us UFOfool

I forgive your ignorance.

The unicorns are here! I knew it!  8)

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1814227,00.html

Time Magazine...

In a centuries long case of mistaken identity, we've finally rounded up another suspect. The June 11 discovery of a one-year-old, one-horned deer may put Bambi in the company of the rhinoceros, the narwhal and the oryx as creatures who spawned the enduring myth of the unicorn.

In this case, the single horn on the Italian deer found at a wildlife preserve in the town of Prato, outside of Florence, is attributed to a genetic mutation, but its discoverers aren't ruling out the possibility that other creatures with similar abnormalities could have been spotted throughout history, and contributed to the persistent unicorn legend. Whatever the present-day implications of this discovery, however, historically speaking, scientific evidence has seldom played a role when it comes to believing in unicorns.

#23 : June 20, 2008, 02:23:59 PM

I think Atheist are pretty forgiving people consider how they get shafted many of the times.

----------------
Now playing: BECK - Heaven Hammer (Missing) (Air Remix)
via FoxyTunes

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 20, 2008, 02:26:51 PM

BTW, Dash, thanks for ruining it for me on the tooth fairy thing. Damn it!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 21, 2008, 11:26:22 PM

I'm in trouble. My wife was born in Madrid but her family is from Estonia. I love her
countries.

USA! USA!

I loved Spain and the topless beaches. Luckily, my wife is not the jealous type so I
was able to take in the sights without any grief.

#26 : June 20, 2008, 10:07:02 PM

I think crop circles are 99% hoaxes.

Have you rode this train of thought all the way to its final destination? If 99% are hoaxes, what are the other one percent? As long as a single one is real (as in not man-made) it doesn't matter how many of them are hoaxes.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 20, 2008, 10:16:46 PM

Joe, all things considered, it was a little funny; harsh, but amusing.
He just hasn't gotten to know you that well.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 20, 2008, 10:37:34 PM

It's OK Guru. I dish it out too sometimes. So I have to be able to take it.

On the crop circle thing, I'm not a moron to equate any of them to aliens or give any
conclusion. I am more skeptical than you can imagine. When I go to conferences, I
ask tough questions. I asked a doozy one time during a lecture with one of the more
popular crop circle researchers. It was science related and dealt with one scientist
claiming that the crops had all the signatures of not being made by humans. There
were the elongate nodes and stunted growth, etc...

But it turned out that the person who sent the sample to the scientist knew that
the circle had been man made. It was a test to see if the scientist could figure
it out. And he didn't. He failed. And both researchers were present as I asked the
question. It pissed off one of the researchers (who supported the scientist who
had gotten it wrong) but if they want this stuff taken seriously, they have
to answer stuff like that.

So, that's why a lot more scientists are needed to replicate these results. It's
happening. But very slowly. So, I'm still very guarded with my opinions on this
particular subject.

As Illuminator pointed out, it only takes one white crow to prove that all crows
aren't black. I believe that the father of Psychology, William James, who was
also a very much into the paranormal and life after death research, said that.

All it takes is one circle.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 21, 2008, 08:28:22 PM

... marriage is between a man and woman and love of country.

so without love of country there is no marriage?

Joe isn't your wife from another country?  Aw oh, you got som' splainin' to doo

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Mind-boggling" Crop Circle in the UK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools