Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall says Owens 'spit in my face' - AJC « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: December 17, 2006, 09:55:58 AM

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2006/12/17/1217falsider.html

Hall says Owens 'spit in my face'

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The NFC and AFC Pro Bowl teams will be announced on Tuesday.

For Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall, who made the all-star team last season, it was a good thing that the league's players turned in their votes last week.

Dallas' Terrell Owens beats Falcons DeAngelo Hall (21) and Chris Crocker for a touchdown.

In Saturday's 38-28 Dallas win, Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens had his way with Hall, who was playing on a bad left knee. Owens beat Hall short. He beat him long. He beat him on intermediate routes. Even all of the pushing and shoving got the attention of the officials, who called Hall for an illegal use of hands at a crucial point in the game.

The feud got off to a bad start early in the game.

"Right before the first punt, we kind of got in each other's face talking back and forth," Hall said. "But I lost all of my respect for him when he spit in my face. He's not too much in this league to go around spitting in guys face. I lost all respect for him."

Hall is calling for the league to look at the film and fine Owens for his actions.

"Hopefully the NFL can see, go back and watch the film and see it right before the first punt on third down," Hall said. "He just hauled off and spit in my face."

Owens finished with five receptions for 69 yards and two touchdowns.

"He had a couple nice catches," Hall said. "You expect that. He's a great player."

Dallas opened the game by throwing to Owens, who was covered by Hall, but a poor pass by Tony Romo fell incomplete.

Owens appeared to have beat Hall on the play.

The Falcons did flash some zone defense, but when they were in man-to-man Hall moved around with Owens. Owens' precision on his routes led to seven-yard touchdown to put Dallas ahead 7-0. He then used his speed on a 51-yard streak pattern that gave the Cowboys a 21-14 second-quarter lead. Hall was step-for step with Owens for the first 30 yards. At about the 20-yard line, Owens started to separate and had a two-yard cushion when Romo's pass arrived, hitting him in stride, with Hall diving at his legs.

"If you ask DeAngelo, I think he guessed a little bit on that one," Mora said. "Maybe a breaking route and T.O. got up over the top of him. The great corners sometimes they take those chances and sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't. That time it didn't, unfortunately."

Hall admitted to guessing on the route, when he's supposed to stay on the top shoulder of Owens and not let him get behind him.

"I mean, yeah I sat down," Hall said. "Bottom line they caught the pass. They scored so, great throw, great catch."

Hall wouldn't use his left knee injury as an excuse for his performance.

"I don't feel it hindered me at all," Hall said. "I was able to run pretty good. The knee wasn't a factor at all."

Owens heard the smack Hall was talking all offseason.

He was incredulous that Hall was taking pride in "holding" him to seven catches for 112 yards last season when he was a member of the Philadelphia Eagles. Hall let everyone know that he'd kept Owens out of the end zone.

While Hall kept Owens under 100-yard receiving, the two touchdowns were arguably the difference in a 10-point loss.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 17, 2006, 10:43:31 AM

That's funny

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 17, 2006, 10:46:11 AM

I'm against sptiiting on people...unless that person is Deangelo Hall.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 17, 2006, 11:00:39 AM

If you spit on someone, expect there worst reaction! That is silly

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 17, 2006, 11:03:21 AM

hehehehe  ;D

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 17, 2006, 11:03:42 AM

LMAO! I agree.

TBYFLBuc

Second String

#6 : December 17, 2006, 11:29:41 AM

T.O.  admitted he spit in Hall's face on NFL network this morning. Said Hall was talking **CENSORED** all game and he lost his cool and spit on him. HE NEVER denied it said he did it and was sorry. Was kinda nonchalant about it. Even Dion Sanders in the interview kind of got on him about why he would spit in another player's face  but T.O. downplayed it like it was no big deal. T.O. just said he " i admit it .. I'm sorry..I just lost my cool"    IS ANYONE surprised T.O. would do such a thing??? This A-Hole NEVER has shown he has any class and even if we were to go 0-16 I would NEVER want him in a Buc's uniform. He is the ultimate ME..ME..ME and he leads the NFL in dropped passes.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 17, 2006, 11:32:57 AM

T.O. admitted he spit in Hall's face on NFL network this morning. Said Hall was talking crap all game and he lost his cool and spit on him. HE NEVER denied it said he did it and was sorry. Was kinda nonchalant about it. Even Dion Sanders in the interview kind of got on him about why he would spit in another player's face but T.O. downplayed it like it was no big deal. T.O. just said he " i admit it .. I'm sorry..I just lost my cool" IS ANYONE surprised T.O. would do such a thing??? This A-Hole NEVER has shown he has any class and even if we were to go 0-16 I would NEVER want him in a Buc's uniform. He is the ultimate ME..ME..ME and he leads the NFL in dropped passes.
He has never shown any class until now. Spittng in D. Hall's face is a pretty damn classy thing to do IMO.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

#8 : December 17, 2006, 11:33:52 AM

If T.O. did this he is a scumbag and should've been busted in the mouth!! >:(

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2006, 11:34:53 AM

Even with it being DeAngelo Hall, that is one thing you never do. I would have beaten TO like a rented mule... TO=Sean Taylor=Bill Romanowski

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 17, 2006, 11:50:21 AM

Would you expect anything more from either one of these players?  DeAngelo runs his mouth all the time and had that been me I would have busted TO in the mouth so for all DeAngelo's talk why did he not at least do something as I would think this would have started some type of scuffle - kinda like the fight between the Knicks and Nuggets last night. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 17, 2006, 12:02:09 PM

Even with it being DeAngelo Hall, that is one thing you never do. I would have beaten TO like a rented mule... TO=Sean Taylor=Bill Romanowski
I would like to see D. Hall try and kick TO's ass.

#12 : December 17, 2006, 12:44:52 PM

T.O. admitted he spit in Hall's face on NFL network this morning. Said Hall was talking crap all game and he lost his cool and spit on him. HE NEVER denied it said he did it and was sorry. Was kinda nonchalant about it. Even Dion Sanders in the interview kind of got on him about why he would spit in another player's face but T.O. downplayed it like it was no big deal. T.O. just said he " i admit it .. I'm sorry..I just lost my cool" IS ANYONE surprised T.O. would do such a thing??? This A-Hole NEVER has shown he has any class and even if we were to go 0-16 I would NEVER want him in a Buc's uniform. He is the ultimate ME..ME..ME and he leads the NFL in dropped passes.

Are you aware that he has a torn ligament in his finger that requires season ending surgery? He's had it for 4 weeks now and the doctors say if he doesn't get it fixed, the damage will be un-repairable.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 17, 2006, 12:49:03 PM

People are saying that he should be suspended and that pisses me off because sean taylor spit on Michael Pittman and didn't get suspended.

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 17, 2006, 01:29:18 PM

They should've spit on each other I hate them both.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall says Owens 'spit in my face' - AJC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools