Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Second-year safety hungers to start for Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
: June 22, 2008, 02:07:50 PM

The safety position was, arguably, the worst on the team in '06.  The position now is one of definite strength.  Sabby will get his chance, don't understand all the nagativity associated with him.  The guy has all the tools to be great and the work ethic to. Some people seem to  act as if he's some prima dona, I haven't seen this. His time will come, and I have a hunch he'll be a mainstay for the next decade.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 22, 2008, 09:38:38 AM

Until Sabby shows it on an NFL field he has what some in the business call "potential" noting more nothing less, he first needs to stay healthy, then he can worry about battling for a starting job, but until then he is the great white hype.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 22, 2008, 09:17:14 AM

I'm sorry but some of you are grossly underrating Sabby. I personally believe Sabby playing average speed is better than Flip at his best. Sabby is greatly a more talented player.

based on what? how much have you really seen this guy play unless you are from Oregon?  he sure as hell didnt play much last year prior to the injury.    the guy literally had a handful of tackles on special teams last year before going on IR.  3 tackles to be exact.  Did those three collisions really blow you away?  The hype on this guy is off the charts when he hasnt done anything at the pro level.  I know you guys are desperate for another young Lynch look alike but cripes.....Phillips was our most improved player last year.  if he maintains his level of play from last year than Sabby better get used to playing special teams in 2008.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 22, 2008, 05:54:17 AM

Kinda like we used to do with Gooch. I think that was his name.
Jeff Gooch=legend

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 20, 2008, 08:43:22 AM

"I'm going to fight for a starting job," Piscitelli said. "That's what everyone is out here for. Of course, I want to start. The competition is going to make us all better."

"He was my special consultant last year," Gruden said. "We're happy to have him back. It's like a bonus draft choice for us."

"Honestly, I believe the Bucs did the best thing with what they did to me," Piscitelli said of being held out for the rest of the season.

"But I probably could have played the last three games of the season. But at that point, how much of an impact could I have made? I was out of shape by then.

"I haven't played in a year, but after getting out here and practicing, I've been able to shake some of the rust off and just make some plays."

"I stayed home for some of the games," Piscitelli said. "I watched the games on TV. I couldn't even go to the stadium at first."

"I tried to get out of here and spend some time with my family," Piscitelli said. "I went to California and spent some time with a buddy of mine. I tried to be occupied during that time. It was hard. It was hard to just watch.

"It is one of those things where it's weird. You don't feel like you're a part of it at that point. And you want to help so much. It was hard to stay away from it for awhile. I had never even missed a practice in college."

"I'm still learning every day. I'm still making mistakes," Piscitelli said. "But I feel like I know the defense. I can go out there and make plays instinctively. I'm really excited for this year. I'm going to do the best I can do."

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Plank

Starter

#5 : June 22, 2008, 02:31:21 AM

Even if Flip holds his starting spot Sabby would be a great 5th DB in the heavy nickel that's starting to get popular again. Kinda like we used to do with Gooch. I think that was his name.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 20, 2008, 12:04:14 PM

Love it... we shall see.

#7 : June 20, 2008, 12:08:58 PM

He'll have fun watching Flip start again.

Sabby's in a bad spot now.  Last year would have been his chance after Jermaine was coming off a really bad year, and no really good ones before that.  Now Flip looks to be a quality safety, it's gonna be hard to take his spot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 22, 2008, 01:30:56 AM

Not sold on him and for good reason.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 20, 2008, 01:00:06 PM

When you are good ,an fast and a playmaker they will find ways to get you on the field...with him and Black on special teams we will see some jarring fumble causing tackles me thinks(fy dave). ;)

#10 : June 20, 2008, 01:21:52 PM

Flip will be traded if Sabby looks strong enough because Wilson can back-up either safety spot and the Bucs could get some value out of Flip in a contract year when you can assume the Bucs will not re-sign him.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 20, 2008, 01:28:06 PM

He'll have fun watching Flip start again.

Sabby's in a bad spot now. Last year would have been his chance after Jermaine was coming off a really bad year, and no really good ones before that. Now Flip looks to be a quality safety, it's gonna be hard to take his spot.

I've always liked Flip as a hard hitter, but he's just getting back on track since Raheem came back to the fold.  I think Sabby is in a good place.  Flip's in his last year I think (check me on that) and he's got to play for a contract.  Sabby is loosy goosey and ready to hit someone.  The worst thing that could happen with those two is that they make each other better...IMO

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#12 : June 20, 2008, 01:32:15 PM

Trade a 29 year old high quality starter? That doesn't even happen in today's NFL. Step back into reality. No matter how good Sabby looks in TC the Bucs won't trade Flip just to replace him with an inexperienced prospect. This isn't fantasy football here ladies, there's more to it than just the pretty helmets.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#13 : June 20, 2008, 01:37:59 PM

I am as anxious as can be to see Sabby on the field for the BUCS. Flip had his best year last year. So the game for playing time will be on.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#14 : June 20, 2008, 01:43:30 PM

I'm sorry but some of you are grossly underrating Sabby. I personally believe Sabby playing average speed is better than Flip at his best. Sabby is greatly a more talented player.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Second-year safety hungers to start for Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools