Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Second-year safety hungers to start for Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

FUBAR

Second String
#30 : June 23, 2008, 10:54:31 AM

Not sold on him and for good reason.

Which is what? Another idiotic post. Sabby looks so nasty this year he's bigger and stronger and mentally prepared for this season in terms of knowing the defense and his responsibilities and learning how to be a professional in this league. Granted he's still learning the nuances of this defense and professional life which can only be obtained through experience and practice, but if you're going to throw someone under the bus at least give some reasons why and please don't try to reply with "my sources..."

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. John Adams

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 23, 2008, 11:07:11 AM

Until Sabby shows it on an NFL field he has what some in the business call "potential" noting more nothing less, he first needs to stay healthy, then he can worry about battling for a starting job, but until then he is the great white hype.
Bingo.

100 percent correct. 

Not sold on him and for good reason.

Which is what? Another idiotic post. Sabby looks so nasty this year he's bigger and stronger and mentally prepared for this season in terms of knowing the defense and his responsibilities and learning how to be a professional in this league. Granted he's still learning the nuances of this defense and professional life which can only be obtained through experience and practice, but if you're going to throw someone under the bus at least give some reasons why and please don't try to reply with "my sources..."
I said I got my reasons because he has not played hardly at all in a Bucs uniform.

The true idiocy is thinking that because a guy "looks" big and bad that he is ready to start bringing the rain and pain.  How is what I said throwing him under any bus?  Explain that to me Man-Crush?  If anything, your post smacks of blind groin-lust over a guy who has not done a damned thing as a professional.  How can you "prove" that this kid is anything as Yucc has said:  Which is the great white hype?

Granted, I would LOVE to see all that potential turn into savage beastliness when the Sundays are fun again, but how is what I said even remotely as idiotic as what you posted?

Maybe you have inside sources, but I sure don't...so thus, I reserve my right to say I am not sold on Sabatino yet.  Sorry if your comprehension skills are sorely lacking today, but I can't do nuthin for ya man.

Jebus, it is like speaking to lil children sometimes.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 23, 2008, 12:23:19 PM

What's wrong with being excited about a player with a ton of potential?  The guy, not only has all the tools to be a great safety, but also seems to have the desire and motivation to succeed. He seems to me to be genuinely grateful to have a chance, not one of these "to cool for school" dudes. Is there something about Sabs that's making you uncomfortable? ;)

obuc

Starter

#33 : June 23, 2008, 12:38:36 PM

Isnt he big enough to be a linebacker for us? isnt he like 225 or so?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 23, 2008, 12:45:08 PM

What's wrong with being excited about a player with a ton of potential?  The guy, not only has all the tools to be a great safety, but also seems to have the desire and motivation to succeed. He seems to me to be genuinely grateful to have a chance, not one of these "to cool for school" dudes. Is there something about Sabs that's making you uncomfortable? ;)
I posted this already...

Granted, I would LOVE to see all that potential turn into savage beastliness when the Sundays are fun again...

I do not root AGAINST the kid.  Quite the contrary.  BUt he is all hype right now.

Talib is all hype.

Jackson is all hype.

Johnson is all hype.

McFadden is all hype.

Dorsey is all hype.

Buckle the helmet, and make your name through your play...not through some pictures, through some college accolades and achievement, not through lifting weights and reading his measurables.

He could be a huge bust.  Maybe he is the next Archuleta.  Who knows?

Certainly not ANYONE on this message board...but as I said, I am rooting for him, because I am a Buc fan.  I just get sick of hearing all the hype...

The story is obvious, and a feel good story.  What is Sabatino supposed to say?  That he is competing just to make the cuts?  That he is competing just to backup Jermaine?

ALL these cats are clawing for a starting gig.  THat is common sense 101.

Ask Clayton and his rantings about "rededication" that have happened over and over again.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 23, 2008, 01:03:01 PM

Lighten up Boid, not a whole helluva lot to talk about right now.  Glass half full or half empty?
Optimism is more fun!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 23, 2008, 02:40:05 PM

Lighten up Boid, not a whole helluva lot to talk about right now. Glass half full or half empty?
Optimism is more fun!
Glass is half filled.

I just want to see him go out and unseat Phillips.  Because Phillips had a helluva season last year, got snubbed by Roy Williams for the pro-bowl IMO, and then that would mean we truly have a monster in the mix...

Point is, I want to see it.  All the "he is going to be amazing" chitty-chat is ridiculous.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 23, 2008, 02:44:49 PM

got snubbed by Roy Jones for the pro-bowl IMO

Roy Williams?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 23, 2008, 02:46:36 PM

got snubbed by Roy Jones for the pro-bowl IMO

Roy Williams?
Either or...lol...

I heard that Roy JOnes is pretty quick...lmao!!

I am having a rough week with names, trust me on that!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 23, 2008, 03:27:14 PM

Lighten up Boid, not a whole helluva lot to talk about right now. Glass half full or half empty?
Optimism is more fun!
Glass is half filled.

I just want to see him go out and unseat Phillips.  Because Phillips had a helluva season last year, got snubbed by Roy Williams for the pro-bowl IMO, and then that would mean we truly have a monster in the mix...

Point is, I want to see it.  All the "he is going to be amazing" chitty-chat is ridiculous.

Come on Boid, don't be so hard on us in June brah.  LOL  Its all "guarded" optimism.  Let's give props to Flip and Raheem for coaching him up to a career year.  If we look into the recent past Flip was bout on his way out because of the year he had with Burns.  If we give Raheem credit for coaching him up gotta give Burns the thumbs dow as well.  But let's look at Flip for a minute.  How much credit and critisism does he get for those years?  I like Flip have always admired his hard hitting at that position, I'm sure Mark Cotteny(sp) is somewhere smiling that he's carried on the tradition.  But Sabby is no sloutch.  I can only imagine being JG's do boy while rehabbing was enlightening to say the least.  Everybody at this level has the physical tools, now having a little bit of a mental edge will make this a very good camp battle this year....IMO

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 23, 2008, 03:32:37 PM

To expound on Chev's take.  Sure Phillips is as solid a hitter as they come, but what we need in the Safeties is range.  Speed to cover will allow the CBs to jump routes, close the holes in coverage, and will ultimately result in coverage sacks.  The ability to cover and close ground quickly in this defense is as important as hitting hard.  So long as they wrap up, their coverage will result in more big plays by the defense as a whole.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Second-year safety hungers to start for Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools