Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Caddy "Learn" to catch « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#75 : June 23, 2008, 10:39:13 PM

they should have him catch 500 passes a day.

WOW, that would mean throwing him about 2,500 balls a day.....that is a lot of work.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : June 23, 2008, 10:49:08 PM

C'mon DTG.......the blame rests solely on the shoulders of Carnell. Pitt and Graham seem to do ok.

Yeah, why even have a position coach, eh?

According to your logic, we should blame Rod Marinelli for Booger being a miserable failure.

You've gotta come better than that DTG.

Not really, bc I know you noticed the improvement in last year's defensive backfield.  Phillips did not get  hit in the head by the football fairy's wand - Raheem took the same players and made them better.  It does happen.

And given Valero's diatribe on the way to St. Louis, it would not surprise me if his coaching ability matches well with his business acumen and overall class.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#77 : June 23, 2008, 11:12:08 PM

Not really, bc I know you noticed the improvement in last year's defensive backfield. Phillips did not get hit in the head by the football fairy's wand - Raheem took the same players and made them better. It does happen.

Dave, i'm not saying coaching doesn't impact play on the field but to blame Valero for Carnell's ineptitude is unfounded IMO... especially when an undrafted Graham can come off the bench and be productive.

As for Raheem's impact on Flip, is it possible that the drafting of TWO safeties could've contributed to lighting a fire under his backside?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#78 : June 24, 2008, 12:00:02 AM

they should have him catch 500 passes a day.

WOW, that would mean throwing him about 2,500 balls a day.....that is a lot of work.
<snickers>

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#79 : June 24, 2008, 10:02:16 AM

Dave, i'm not saying coaching doesn't impact play on the field but to blame Valero for Carnell's ineptitude is unfounded IMO... especially when an undrafted Graham can come off the bench and be productive.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. Hate, I know that you're intelligent and can understand what I wrote a lot better than the above indicates.

As for Raheem's impact on Flip, is it possible that the drafting of TWO safeties could've contributed to lighting a fire under his backside?

Don't discount the impact that Morris has had on the secondary and, in fact, on the defensive unit as a whole. The guy has been huge for them.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#80 : June 24, 2008, 12:48:04 PM

Seriously, how hard can it be to catch? I'm sure we can all catch a football thrown our way, particularly when its thrown by a QB standing no more than about 20 yards away.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#81 : June 24, 2008, 01:44:35 PM

Seriously, how hard can it be to catch? I'm sure we can all catch a football thrown our way, particularly when its thrown by a QB standing no more than about 20 yards away.

Why do you think CB's exist?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Caddy "Learn" to catch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools