Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any chance against the Bengals? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 12, 2006, 07:42:36 PM

I'm thinking that the "X" factor of Gradowshi's leadership and charisma will get the team playing hard again both offense and defense. 

Wow......the ghost of Chris Simms's spleen has been quickly erased from the memory around here. <insert clown smiley here>

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 12, 2006, 11:17:28 PM

Hey, our convicts are all suspended so they won't be there!  Palmer and the boys will be there ready to play.

And as far as ripping off the Saints "Who Dat" cheer you need to check your history.  The Bengals "Who-Dey" cheer was around a couple of years before the Saints cheer.

The Saint's Who Dat started in 1983, Bum Phillips had the Saints fans feeling playoffs for the first time in their history. They had their best start ever with a 5-3 record halfway through the season. They lost their first two games by a total of 4 points. They could of easily been 8-0, or 7-1 at the halfway point.

As for the Bengals their chant started in the 1981 season.  The chant started, Who They think is going to beat them Bengals. ( Cincinnati was on a roll.they were 7-3 a season after they finished 6-10 and prior two seasons 4-12) When some hollered, "Who They think is going to beat them Bengals" Other fans would reply with "Nobody"
A week or two later. The whole chant started to grow, and the nobody was stretched out to Noooo Boooooooody. Coming from an old car commericial of (Red Frazier Ford ) who was out of business at the time. But had a very popular commercial, Who's going to give you a better deal than Red Frazier? Nooo Boooody.  When Cincinnati made the playoffs, the Hudepohl beer company(Cincy local company) jumped on the Who Dey bandwagon with their own version in Hu Dey Beer.

Who they think is going to beat them Bengals. Quickly changed to Who Dey think is gonna beat dem Bengals.  Now you will hear stories of where it started and it wasn't Cincinnati. But I assure you, it came from Cincinnati during November of 1981.

So it was the Saints who ripped off our cheer.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

And sorry about my profile name...

But "TampaBaySucksAndIsZeroAndFour" was already taken.

Uh, okay Mr. First-Time-in-The-Playoffs-In-Fifteen-Years-And-All-I-Got-Was-My-QB's-Knee-Tore-Up...

LOL, what a maroon.... [banghead]

As KSBengal...didn't know you guys were so sensative about your chant. My Bad. Well, at least the Steelers do it really well, right? ;D

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 12, 2006, 11:19:49 PM

Wow......the ghost of Chris Simms's spleen has been quickly erased from the memory around here. <insert clown smiley here>

MJS...with two rookies on the O-line and Mahan at Center....we may be searching the field for Bruce's spleen after this one. :o

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 13, 2006, 12:06:51 AM

MJS...with two rookies on the O-line and Mahan at Center....we may be searching the field for Bruce's spleen after this one. :o

Or his new nickname might be "shoulders".

Stole that one from Nate Webster.  Thanks Nate! :P

(Just let me know if you need me to explain the joke)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 13, 2006, 11:28:54 AM

BTW Bucs INT20...I don't get the smiley face skit????

nothing to get, really, nobody but the smilies know the terrible secret that compells them to just lie down and wait

#35 : October 13, 2006, 11:33:49 AM

nothing to get, really, nobody but the smilies know the terrible secret that compells them to just lie down and wait

It's Radiohead's video for "Just".  Still, a mystery.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 13, 2006, 11:42:15 AM

Hey, on any given Sunday. Key to the game will be if we can put pressure on Palmer; if not, we are toast.

Then we're toast.  This line can't pressure it's way out of a wet paper bag.  BUT-- I think our opportunity lies in the run game. Cincy is piss poor against the run, which means if we get Caddy goin, they'll have to bring saftey support down into the box.  That leaves Joey G one on one on go routes.  Yes, we have a chance...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 13, 2006, 12:03:09 PM

It's Radiohead's video for "Just".  Still, a mystery.

yeah, i neglected to mention that i ripped it off - it's radiohead's work recasted with smilies, the gif of which i also did not create.

http://radiohead1.tripod.com/disc/videography/just.htm

#38 : October 13, 2006, 01:16:08 PM

yeah, i neglected to mention that i ripped it off - it's radiohead's work recasted with smilies, the gif of which i also did not create.

I think that gif is cool as hell.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 13, 2006, 01:18:50 PM

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any chance against the Bengals? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools