Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unofficial Official Bears v. Bucs thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 40 41 42

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #615 : December 17, 2006, 11:46:15 PM »

You seriously think he acts the same toward Chris as he does Grads? Do you not get all the subtleties up in NY? One game Bruce hit a couple of passes & Gruden said he played "magnificiently." Did you ever hear that about Chris even when he won the division? If Gruden sits Grads & gets this team going again I have no problem with that. I wanted him gone for the mess this team has become. He should have pulled Grads weeks ago. If he can change his mind about Bruce I can change mine about him.
Once again, where did Gruden say he does not like Simms, or his skills?

He has never been that unkind towards Simms, it is all radio/media garbage that is being skewed into all this hate.

What else is Gruden going to say about Grads?  That his play has been run of the mill boring?  That he lacks pro-level skills?

Seriously.  You can change your mind about Gruden this quickly?  Based on what?  This one game?  Sounds a bit like brown nosery to me, but hey, whatever.  DO as you wish.  Wishy washy, that is.

lol!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #616 : December 17, 2006, 11:52:39 PM »

You seriously think he acts the same toward Chris as he does Grads? Do you not get all the subtleties up in NY? One game Bruce hit a couple of passes & Gruden said he played "magnificiently." Did you ever hear that about Chris even when he won the division? If Gruden sits Grads & gets this team going again I have no problem with that. I wanted him gone for the mess this team has become. He should have pulled Grads weeks ago. If he can change his mind about Bruce I can change mine about him.

Are you kidding Karen-- When Chris won the division he made him the unconditional starter this year-- thats not enough of an attaboy for you????

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #617 : December 17, 2006, 11:53:44 PM »

Make a thread asking people in Tampa if their impression is Chris is not Gruden's guy. Don't just say he never said something.  Actions speak louder than words.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #618 : December 17, 2006, 11:57:30 PM »

Make a thread asking people in Tampa if their impression is Chris is not Gruden's guy. Don't just say he never said something.  Actions speak louder than words.
I don't need to as BucFan4life wrote.  Besides, it is public opinion that Gruden is a lot of things, but a lot of that is generated by your local media, something I am glad I can only witness and be a aprt of as I choose to.  By reading the articles, listening to the radio, even watching clips of sports shows.

Gruden has never bashed SImms, it is a hate fest brewing in Tampa for Gruden, and for that, I am not responsible, nor part of.  I have always said I liked GRuden.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #619 : December 17, 2006, 11:59:58 PM »

He's never bashed Simms on the radio or in print but he undressed him on the sideline in ATL.  He's also been in Bruce's face too but I think with Simms it was more frustration because he had so much more experience in the system and the team did everything to help him succeed.  He really played like a rookie those first two 1/2 games and that pretty much determined the course of the season.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #620 : December 18, 2006, 12:02:38 AM »

I think Simms would have turned it around. I think the removal of his spleen determined the course of the season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #621 : December 18, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

He's never bashed Simms on the radio or in print but he undressed him on the sideline in ATL. He's also been in Bruce's face too but I think with Simms it was more frustration because he had so much more experience in the system and the team did everything to help him succeed. He really played like a rookie those first two 1/2 games and that pretty much determined the course of the season.
I would be mad to an extent as well.  But you did not see Gruden undressing the defense for their lackluster performances inthe first few games either.  The Carolina game was on the defense.  The ATL game was a disaster on all fronts, as was the Ravens game.

Trust me, there is enough blame to go around for that dismal start, and the dismal finish.  Nothing has changed, the team still sucks.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #622 : December 18, 2006, 12:04:46 AM »

But I think everyone expected Simms to mature and become a leader.  He was coronated the starter and that showed a lot of confidence from Gruden.   Yes the defense stunk but he threw 1 TD and 7 INTs in those games before he was hurt.  That flat out sucks.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #623 : December 18, 2006, 12:07:45 AM »

Gruden called out the defense several times this year--one time calling out some by name.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #624 : December 18, 2006, 12:09:24 AM »

But I think everyone expected Simms to mature and become a leader. He was coronated the starter and that showed a lot of confidence from Gruden. Yes the defense stunk but he threw 1 TD and 7 INTs in those games before he was hurt. That flat out sucks.
It sure does.  3 picks versus ATL (2 deep, one off a foot), 3 v. B'More, against a secondary that flat out rocks and is loaded with pro bowl corners and safeties (including a former NFL D-player of the year), and one off a DT into another DTs arms.  One to start the Carolina game.  That does stink.

I would have been angry to.  Like I said I would have been.  But it would have evened out in the end.  More a .500 playing field, I imagine.

He is a tough dude, played and almost won with a busted organ (what if the defense would have stood its ground?).  It stinks, but Simms is still a guy that can make things happen, has more character than given credit for, and has the respect of his teammates.

Page: 1 ... 40 41 42
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unofficial Official Bears v. Bucs thread. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools