Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU OL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 11, 2008, 10:05:12 AM

Neither Antone or Booker are very good between the tackles.  They were both way over-hyped.

i think if you put either of those guys behind a solid line and they are all ACC.  same with leon washington.

what you have now is a shell of their former selves...afraid to trust the OL.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 11, 2008, 10:12:34 AM

Neither Antone or Booker are very good between the tackles.  They were both way over-hyped.

i think if you put either of those guys behind a solid line and they are all ACC.  same with leon washington.

what you have now is a shell of their former selves...afraid to trust the OL.
That could be true.  They aren't bad RB's and are running behind a poor OL, but there are other RB's out there.  Even Parker ran better than Smith when he was forced to play RB due to injury.

Edit....And there's no denying that Booker and Smith are more outside runners.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 11, 2008, 10:21:33 AM

Even Parker ran better than Smith when he was forced to play RB due to injury.

he hasnt been beaten into submission yet!  (but yeah, he is very good)

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#18 : July 11, 2008, 10:29:23 AM

Even Parker ran better than Smith when he was forced to play RB due to injury.

he hasnt been beaten into submission yet!  (but yeah, he is very good)
HA! 
I love it when the ball is in that kid's hands.  He can make some plays.  Almost reminds me of a Peter Warrick.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 11, 2008, 10:31:46 AM

i still wonder why warrick never panned out at the next level.  parker seems to be just as good...while working with less.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 11, 2008, 11:56:55 AM

i still wonder why warrick never panned out at the next level.
Small and slow and apparently unable or unwilling to do the things that keep small and slow receivers in the league.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 11, 2008, 12:03:18 PM

but when did he become slow?  he never "seemed" slow in college.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 11, 2008, 12:15:10 PM

but when did he become slow? he never "seemed" slow in college.
And this is the first time a good college player didn't translate to the pros? College defenders aren't as fast as NFL defenders. Half the linebackers in the NFL can run a 4.55 like Warrick, and they're 20-30 lbs bigger.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 11, 2008, 12:36:55 PM

of course its not the first time.  but i remember warrick as a college football phenom.  just never saw his demise coming.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 11, 2008, 10:22:56 PM

Kind of like Danny Wuerfel.. Great in college abysmal in the Pros.   Warrick was a great College WR.   Not big or fast enough for the pro game.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 13, 2008, 04:32:19 PM

Kind of like Danny Wuerfel.. Great in college abysmal in the Pros. Warrick was a great College WR. Not big or fast enough for the pro game.
But everyone knew Wuerffel didn't have an NFL arm. That's why he was drafted #99 overall. Warrick fooled everyone. If you feel it a must to compare him to a former Gator, Reidel Anthony would be more appropriate.

#26 : July 14, 2008, 09:39:29 AM

gametime-

the kids will get knocked around by the smaller school guys until they figure out what it is all about. The lack of talented veterans means everyone will be learning on the fly and will have to be really coached-up between series.

Talent is certainly important, but working as a unit, avoiding stupid mistakes and giving 100% effort are the keys.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 16, 2008, 07:35:46 AM

I THINK WITH TRICKETT THE RIGHT MAN HAS BEEN FOUND.

Trickett is a good coach but as the saying goes "You cant make chicken salad out of chicken _ _ _ _."  we have no experience on the OL yet again.  we were young last year too. but injuries and academic ineligibility have hurt this unit. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 16, 2008, 07:47:50 AM

we have no experience on the OL yet again.  we were young last year too. but injuries and academic ineligibility have hurt this unit. 

i think decimated is a better word.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 16, 2008, 05:45:58 PM

i still wonder why warrick never panned out at the next level. parker seems to be just as good...while working with less.

he was always more quick than he was fast.  in college and even at times in the pros, he was a lethal YAC guy because of his quickness/elusiveness in the open field.  but injuries to his shin and knee robbed him of his quicks.  when you take that away from him, there it isnt much left.  he is a smaller guy that isn't really physical and he lacks straight line speed.  the main thing that kept him in the lineup was his shiftiness.  but when the leg injuries eliminated that from his game his career was over.  he couldn't re-invent himself. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU OL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools