Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Bucs QB is scared of competition? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : June 21, 2008, 09:57:57 PM

I've said it before ... I think Garcia is.

I'm inclined to believe that. I saw an interview with him this week and he mentioned being "entrenched as the starter". My initial thought was who is he trying to convince?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 21, 2008, 09:41:22 PM

I've said it before ... I think Garcia is.

#17 : June 22, 2008, 11:14:20 AM

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think McCown or anyone other than Garcia will play this year while Garcia is healthy.   Gruden plays the guy who gives him the best chance to win each week.

And you are kidding yourself if you think Garcia will stay healthy.

Exactly.  Why play a guy you EXPECT to miss at least 4 games, and who might not even LAST 4 games. 

We don't have a dominant defense any more.  A game manager isn't going cut it if we're serious.  We're in a situation where we either gamble on winning big, or fold and accept a season that maxes out at 1 and done in the playoffs.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 22, 2008, 11:22:26 AM

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think McCown or anyone other than Garcia will play this year while Garcia is healthy.   Gruden plays the guy who gives him the best chance to win each week.
[/quoteAnd you are kidding yourself if you think Garcia will stay healthy.

Exactly.  Why play a guy you EXPECT to miss at least 4 games, and who might not even LAST 4 games. 

We don't have a dominant defense any more.  A game manager isn't going cut it if we're serious.  We're in a situation where we either gamble on winning big, or fold and accept a season that maxes out at 1 and done in the playoffs.

If the Bucs wanted a game changing franchise caliber QB they should have drafted one. 

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 21, 2008, 11:10:35 PM

Haha, thank you for that, Bada.  This is getting a little ridiculous.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 22, 2008, 10:55:57 AM

And you are kidding yourself if you think Garcia will stay healthy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 21, 2008, 03:08:44 PM

Not Luke McCown:

"Coach Gruden has made it pretty clear he loves competition," Luke said. "It really doesn't matter unless you're the proven starter, what you were last year. He wants to see you compete and do better, he feels that's how he gets the best out of you."

And what does Luke think about the idea of NOT being in there, and giving his team the best he's got?

"Putting forth my best effort to help my team win, that's the best that I can do. It doesn't matter who else is on the roster with me, all that matters in this business is wins. My teammates deserve that from me."

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8533958&nav=menu117_5

Good on you, Luke. Good on you...

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 21, 2008, 03:11:21 PM

Jake Plummer- he is so scared he doesn't even show up

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 21, 2008, 03:14:25 PM

Well he's definitely saying the right things.  But then again, do you expect him to say, "I'm just going to sit back and let Jeff do the work.  There's no way I can start so why even try?  I think I'm just going to do enough to make sure I'm second string."?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : June 21, 2008, 03:15:15 PM

Garcia is scared. Although he doesn't have to be, because Luke won't be given a fair shot to win the job. He's already cemented at #3, even though there shouldn't be a depth chart set yet.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : June 21, 2008, 03:20:43 PM

Garcia is scared. Although he doesn't have to be, because Luke won't be given a fair shot to win the job. He's already cemented at #3, even though there shouldn't be a depth chart set yet.

According to whom?
Here's a quote from someone you pay money to for Buccs info. He seems to agree from his sources at 1 Buc Place.

Luke deserves a shot to win the No. 2 job, but I sense from the team that they're going to go with Griese regardless. If true, that really bothers me. Someone should have to earn the job, and I think you'd agree."

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 21, 2008, 03:17:14 PM

According to whom?

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 21, 2008, 03:23:49 PM

I'll go with Chrissy..................................In fact Chrissy Wallace is showing more stones than simms!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 21, 2008, 03:38:38 PM

According to whom?
Here's a quote from someone you pay money to for Buccs info. He seems to agree from his sources at 1 Buc Place.

Luke deserves a shot to win the No. 2 job, but I sense from the team that they're going to go with Griese regardless. If true, that really bothers me. Someone should have to earn the job, and I think you'd agree."

I don't remember reading that...mind citing with a link to whichever article that is?  I don't doubt you, I just want to read it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : June 21, 2008, 03:40:44 PM

According to whom?

I don't remember reading that...mind citing with a link to whichever article that is?  I don't doubt you, I just want to read it.
It wasn't in an article!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Bucs QB is scared of competition? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools