Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski happy to be out of Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

benir0

Hall of Famer
: June 22, 2008, 10:03:54 AM

People skills are great but they are not needed to be a football coach. Bill Bellicheck has been questioned about his people skills and look at how his team does. Bill Parcells didnt have people skills and look at what he did. They do their job the only way they know how to do it.

You are wrong on both counts.  Let me explain the difference.   Both BB and Parcells are held in very high esteem in their locker room, the players love them, it's with the media and the rest of the world that people question their people skills.    That's why they are/were consistant winners.  Chuck on the other hand has problems within  his locker room managing people, that's why we keep hearing from players and coaches about what a moron he is.   See the difference now?  

Man, you really are intent on twisting facts to suit your own needs.  No: the Bills BOTH have squabbles with assistant coaches and players.  You just watch too much television/listen to too much crap radio.

Somehow the fact that Grads is glad to be gone is an indictment of Gruden?  He sucks.

What player who doesn't have an actual axe to grind with Gruden hates him?  I hear overwhelmingly positive things from players/coaches.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 22, 2008, 01:06:27 PM

OMG I can't believe McIrish has joined this board. I remember 3 years ago when I used to go on TBBBB.com (before I found PR) and all I would ever see was that this fool proliferating trash about Jon Gruden in LITERALLY each and every thread on the board.

Seriously guys, watch out for McIrish, he's probably the biggest Gruden hater I've ever come across.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 22, 2008, 12:49:54 PM

If we do keep 4 QBs, it won't be for long...it will be similar to what we did with Simms, where he got IRed in week 5....

Think about it, the reason they did that was because you need that extra roster spot further on down the road in the season because of the wear and tear, injuries, fatigue, etc.

So I could see us being the laughing stock of the league once again keeping 4 QBs, but I can't see it lasting the whole season.  Plus, once the season starts Josh Johnson will get as many reps in pratice as you and I get, so how on earth is he going to get injured?

Griese was brought in for 2 reasons:
1-The Bucs aren't confident that Garcia, at his age, can stay healthy a whole 16 games
2-They are not confident that McCown can come in and win games if Garcia were to go down.

I notice alot of McCowns supporters like to prove a point by saying #1, but they just flat out ignore #2 which to me speaks volumns about the level of confidence the coaching staff has in McCown.  Josh Johnson was drafted as project, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they put him on the pratice squad.  He gets picked up big deal, the odds of him becoming our QB of the Future were about as good as Gradkowskis or McCowns...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#3 : June 22, 2008, 12:44:27 PM

wow, a 2 page thread about Grads being happy he's gone turned into a bash the HC conversation. Grads sucks, Gruden made a mistake and once he saw Garcia run the O it was lights out for the 6th rounder. I'm sure he'll be much happier on the Ram bench instead of the Bucs. Maybe the Rams will let him run the PS, have fun with that.

I can't imagine the uproar that will occur once we release Josh Johnson...

or trade McCown, because we dont want to keep 4 QBs...

One of them is gone, and I'm expecting it to be Josh Johnson, but wouldn't at all be surprised if it was McCown.

I dont think that will happen badabing. I think they will keep 4 qbs on the roster this year. They didnt draft JJ to just take to camp and release him. He is a project, gruden said it himself a few days ago. However do I think they will do whatever it is possible to put him on IR so the team can have 3 qbs instead of 4. I would be very suprised if they did release one of their qbs.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 22, 2008, 08:50:39 AM

He's on Sirius as I type. Says that all he asked was for an opportunity to compete and once Garcia got here, he was no longer given that opportunity. Said "it was like I wasn't even there..... After being a starter for 11 games, I felt like an afterthought."

LOL! is he really going to get an "opportunity to compete" for as starting job in St Louis with Bulger there?  It speaks volumes that the guy started 11 games for us and was so horrendous that we felt the need to sign and/or trade for every vet QB under the sun the following year. 

12thbuc

Starter

#5 : June 22, 2008, 08:35:35 AM

Happy to have him out!

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 22, 2008, 12:28:09 PM

wow, a 2 page thread about Grads being happy he's gone turned into a bash the HC conversation. Grads sucks, Gruden made a mistake and once he saw Garcia run the O it was lights out for the 6th rounder. I'm sure he'll be much happier on the Ram bench instead of the Bucs. Maybe the Rams will let him run the PS, have fun with that.

I can't imagine the uproar that will occur once we release Josh Johnson...

or trade McCown, because we dont want to keep 4 QBs...

One of them is gone, and I'm expecting it to be Josh Johnson, but wouldn't at all be surprised if it was McCown.

#7 : June 22, 2008, 12:26:11 PM

You are exactly right sir.   Words get exchanged all the time as emotions run high, I think even coaches understand that.    However when a player actually grabs hold of the head coach and jerks him around on the sidelines during a home game no less, that's another whole ball of wax.   You don't do that to assistant coaches.   Or trainers.   Or anyone else.   The fact it was done to a head coach by a player that isn't even producing these days is just incredible to me.    I'd say that one incident encompasses the true feelings of the locker room when it comes to what they think of their head coach.  No respect, none.   

And by the way, not even as a head coach but just as a man, I have to say I was very disappointed in the turtle job.   I'd love to have seen Chuck jerk this clown around by the facemask.    At least do something.   Instead he did nothing, sat there like a punk and let one of his players abuse him on NFL Sunday here at home, in front of his entire team.    I know you guys don't play sports but I'm here to tell you that was not lost on this team.   Pathetic doesn't do the deed justice. 

So if I'm understanding this right you advocate "people skills" in coaching, but then require the coach to intervene physically when a player does this? Gruden is the coach, what is better to punish a player for his actions, beating the piss out of him or benching his a$$ when he is getting out of hand.  Besides, its not like Clayton has actually earned that fat paycheck as of recent not is it? Here is something also to consider, Clayton is a grown man, and is accountable for is performance just like anyone else.  You've mentioned this before that you "coach" the game, well what age range is that? Sorry to say that coaching kids and a profession are by far an wide different.

Gruden may not be a people person, lots of coaches aren't.  There are plenty of areas to criticize with him then just his "people skills" sorry, but your crying about this aspect is point of fact idiotic, since this is all you seem to ever focus on.  How about bring something other then your "passion" and the tiresome tirade of ripping the coach because you simply don't like him. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 22, 2008, 12:07:55 PM

#9 : June 22, 2008, 12:10:03 AM

I've seen the Simms and Parcells incident and can verify. I didn't see the Everson Walls and BB incident. I don't doubt it, just haven't seen it.

Simms actually put his hands on Parcells? Wow!!

Too bad Chris didn't get some of his dad's fire!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 22, 2008, 12:13:47 AM

Yeah, it was heated.  It happens quite a bit in football.  The fact that it was made such a big deal of at the time was understandable, but to still be talking about it as an argument against a coach is ridiculous.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 22, 2008, 12:18:26 AM

It was a miniscule incident, and their have been other episodes of this before.

I am sure Jerry Porter and Art Shell did some things...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 22, 2008, 12:00:52 AM

Remember, football talk only please, I prefer to act like an adult rather than a 8th grader.

I have yet to see either of those come from you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 22, 2008, 12:05:05 AM

The actions of the players were not different.....that's what I'm trying to tell you.

Arguing with a man is one thing.... placing hands on them is another. We'll have to agree to disagree on your assessment.

Which is what Simms did to Parcells during games more than once.....and Everson Walls did to Bellichek in another game. It wasn't simply an argument.

I've seen the Simms and Parcells incident and can verify.  I didn't see the Everson Walls and BB incident.  I don't doubt it, just haven't seen it.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 21, 2008, 10:07:15 PM

The actions of the players were not different.....that's what I'm trying to tell you.

Arguing with a man is one thing.... placing hands on them is another. We'll have to agree to disagree on your assessment.

Which is what Simms did to Parcells during games more than once.....and Everson Walls did to Bellichek in another game. It wasn't simply an argument.

I'm not disputing that at all but in my 30+ yrs of being a football junkie, i've never seen or heard of it. Care to provide a link?

I'll see if I can find one but...again...this things happened quite a while ago.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski happy to be out of Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools