Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski happy to be out of Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

« #105 : June 23, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »

Polish QB's suck!

----------------
Now playing: The Vines - TV Pro
via FoxyTunes

bucbeast

Second String
« #106 : June 24, 2008, 02:35:50 PM »

I think Grads early praise was due to his mobility and short pass accuracy.. When it was discovered that his medium and long balls seldom hit the mark he became expendable.
-------------------------------------
McIrish's agenda is completely clear. He doesn't like Jon Gruden and anything that decision that the Bucs make that doesn't turn out right is always Gruden's fault..

As others have pointed out he evidently has bought into certain radio stations talk show hosts and a couple of local fish wrap hacks agenda which is exactly the same..

I have always thought that he either worshipped the local media or was possibly a part of it, which I seriously doubt due to the fact that people of his type are normally unemployable......  There is though the possibility that he was McKay's lover which really makes sense seeing that he is absolutely sure Gruden ran him out of town and if that's not the case maybe Gru flattened his dog, tagged his old lady, knocked up the daughter........... Who knows or really cares!

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #107 : June 24, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »

I think Grads early praise was due to his mobility and short pass accuracy.. When it was discovered that his medium and long balls seldom hit the mark he became expendable.
-------------------------------------
McIrish's agenda is completely clear.   He doesn't like Jon Gruden and anything that decision that the Bucs make that doesn't turn out right is always Gruden's fault..

As others have pointed out he evidently has bought into certain radio stations talk show hosts and a couple of local fish wrap hacks agenda which is exactly the same..   

bodybag

Starter

« #108 : June 24, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

What a surprise, another offensive player unhappy about playing in Tampa.

PS - I know it's not Chuck, I keep reading about what a great motivator he is, probably the water or something. 

you might as well give up on the rantings of bashing gruden. whether you like him or not, he is the bucs coach for at least the next 3 seasons along with BA. love or hate him he is not going anywhere soon. maybe the players can rally round themselves and win it all not for their coach but for themselves. this isnt about the coach its about the players so i say quit your **CENSORED**in about chuck and worry about how are players are going to play this year. im not the biggest fan of gruden's either but we have excellent assistants namely kiffin and morris. they will do a fine job keeping the players hungry for wins. on the offensive side of the ball they will just have to come together as a unit with or without gruden's tyranny.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #109 : June 24, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »

Media Take  " worship of Mckay and Dungy"     "Absolute hatred of Gruden and the current Buc regime"

That pretty much matches McIrish's take...  and his personal crusade against Gruden whom I doubt he has ever met.

Now, I have never met Jon Gruden but I have listened to him often on the TJ Rives Monday shows on 620.  Listening to Gruden, I just don't see the ego maniac that all the players hate that McIrish portrays..

I find Gruden to be quite self- deprecating with a good sense of humor, and quick to give praise to players that have performed well.  I don't doubt that he is a driven competitor as that comes through as well.  I liked Dungy but he just never showed the emotion and fire that Gruden has.  Both are great coaches just get there by different methods.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
« #110 : June 24, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

All of us on this thread would be great in a survivor series !!! too funny !!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #111 : June 24, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »

He's on Sirius as I type. Says that all he asked was for an opportunity to compete and once Garcia got here, he was no longer given that opportunity. Said "it was like I wasn't even there..... After being a starter for 11 games, I felt like an afterthought."

Assuming he saw the tape of the same games I watched - how is he surprised?  And one could easily take issue with the "starter" label - terms like best alternative, best option, last qb on the roster, they all fit...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #112 : June 25, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »

3. The Michael Clayton incident. Different people deal with things in different ways. Not saying that I know, because I don;t, but neither you or I know what happened that Monday morning. Since then Clayton seems to be on board. Maybe he is talking out of his Butt, but would that be more of an indictment of him or Gruden. You say that nobody leapt to his defense, which may be a valid point, but I will also observe that I haven't seen it again since. That suggests that the issue was dealt with and every member of the team know it.
This is a great point Spartan. In retrospect, Clayton started playing better almost from the moment of that incident. He had a big play or two later in that game, was becoming a bigger part of the game plan in the weeks prior to getting hurt in DET, and played well when he returned from injury. Something clicked there. Either he got some lingering frustration out or he and Gruden had some sort of meeting of the minds. Either way, Clayton's action or Gruden's reaction, they both seemed to have moved on successfully from it. From all indications, it is carrying over in the off-season.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #113 : June 25, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »

I am convinced that Gradkowski had some REALLY outstanding receivers in college. Our scouting department made a mistake and gave credit to the QB.

Gruden is no **CENSORED** Vermeil. So what. There is no HC anywhere that is more dedicated and focused on his job than Jon Gruden. He lives and breathes football and commands the respect of 99% of the people who work for or with him. He has motivated this team to a league championship and 3 division titles in 6 years. Prior to his arrival, the Bucs had 3 division titles and 2 NFCC losses in the previous 26 years. Bruce Allen left an organization he had been with for 14 years because he recognized the fact that Gruden was special. Coaches and players alike have followed him because they want a championship ring and they know he can do it. Gruden was largely responsible for both teams being in SB XXXVII. Some "fans" will continue their blind hatred and will never acknowledge his accomplishments. That's too bad. I enjoy the Bucs now more than ever because I am confident the team has talent and great leadership.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #114 : June 25, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »

I am convinced that Gradkowski had some REALLY outstanding receivers in college. Our scouting department made a mistake and gave credit to the QB.

There's so much more space in the passing game in college that it can be tough to gauge how good a QB really is.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

« #115 : June 25, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »

Coupled with the fact most of the defensive players he played against now have "real world" jobs. Level of competition in college was very kind to him.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #116 : June 25, 2008, 04:32:07 PM »

I am convinced that Gradkowski had some REALLY outstanding receivers in college.

He had one really good college WR (who hasn't done anything in the pros as yet) in Lance Moore. Other than that, he had nothing extraordinary.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #117 : June 25, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »

3. The Michael Clayton incident. Different people deal with things in different ways. Not saying that I know, because I don;t, but neither you or I know what happened that Monday morning. Since then Clayton seems to be on board. Maybe he is talking out of his Butt, but would that be more of an indictment of him or Gruden. You say that nobody leapt to his defense, which may be a valid point, but I will also observe that I haven't seen it again since. That suggests that the issue was dealt with and every member of the team know it.
This is a great point Spartan. In retrospect, Clayton started playing better almost from the moment of that incident. He had a big play or two later in that game, was becoming a bigger part of the game plan in the weeks prior to getting hurt in DET, and played well when he returned from injury. Something clicked there. Either he got some lingering frustration out or he and Gruden had some sort of meeting of the minds. Either way, Clayton's action or Gruden's reaction, they both seemed to have moved on successfully from it. From all indications, it is carrying over in the off-season.
  I sure hope so Deadman - bc at this point it is Clayton's last chance - and I don't like seeing folks getting fired.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski happy to be out of Tampa « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools