Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski happy to be out of Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 21, 2008, 05:46:38 PM

It's an interesting point. I saw Phil Simms do it to Parcells more than once and Everson Walls do it to Bill Bellicheck.

Links please!    Can't wait to see those pics.   I've never heard or seen either of those but can show you Clayton doing it to Chuck.    I'll wait here for proof, thanks. 

Why would I have a link to pictures or video from as far back as 1985 or as recent as early 1991? Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean it didn't. I lived in NY, was a Giant fan and watched every Giant game from the late 60's until I moved to Tampa in late 1991. Got it dilweed?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 21, 2008, 04:47:39 PM

Who cares what baldy has to say about anyhting..

He would over throw the  Gulf of Mexico  from 10 feet away..LOL

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#32 : June 21, 2008, 04:50:47 PM

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#33 : June 21, 2008, 04:51:03 PM

I knew Grads sucked, said so from the beginning and of course was shouted down by the masses.   I will say it was the other board though, not sure what this crowd thought.     That said, he isn't the issue.   As much as you all want to minimize it, the head coach is the root in all of these squabbles.   He's the common denominator.   It's not about just X's and O's, you need to have some people skills and know how to manage people as well.    These are two things that Chuck fails miserably at, the evidence to support this is almost mindboggling to those of who know what to look for.  

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.

JC510

Practice Squad

#34 : June 21, 2008, 04:56:22 PM

Garcia rides the defense to wins and he's the hero. Gradkowski rides the defense to a win (against a better team than any of Garcia's wins) and he sucks.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 21, 2008, 05:02:21 PM

Garcia rides the defense to wins and he's the hero. Gradkowski rides the defense to a win (against a better team than any of Garcia's wins) and he sucks.

Gradkowksi won against the Eagles and Bengals.  The Bengals game was handed to us by the refs where Clayton catches/drops a ball in the endzone and we get the call our way.  Also, Justin Smith gets called for roughing the QB on a sack/forced fumble.  Give me a break.

We get 2 defensive TDs by Ronde Barber and we still barely win the game against the Eagles on a 62 yard field goal.

Garcia rode the defense in what game?  The Titans and Cardinals games were awfully close, but we won.  In the Titans game, Garica threw a TD and also led the Bucs on a game winning field goal drive.  In the Cardinals game, he didn turn the ball over and we won.  I could see he rode it there.

Also 8 wins compared to 3 wins is the difference between the Bucs being in last and Bucs in 1st...but your right JC510...I agree McCown wouldn't ride the defens, instead he would take matters into hid own hands and we'd be a 5-11 team...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#36 : June 21, 2008, 04:57:29 PM

I knew Grads sucked, said so from the beginning and of course was shouted down by the masses. � I will say it was the other board though, not sure what this crowd thought. � � That said, he isn't the issue. � As much as you all want to minimize it, the head coach is the root in all of these squabbles. � He's the common denominator. � It's not about just X's and O's, you need to have some people skills and know how to manage people as well. � �These are two things that Chuck fails miserably at, the evidence to support this is almost mindboggling to those of who know what to look for. �

People skills are great but they are not needed to be a football coach. Bill Bellicheck has been questioned about his people skills and look at how his team does. Bill Parcells didnt have people skills and look at what he did. They do their job the only way they know how to do it. Bruce Gradkowski had his chances here whether you think he did or not. Its not grudens fault he didnt work out well here. He was a 6th round qb who had some playmaking ability. He couldnt throw the ball more than 10 yards but he could make some things happen. I dont know if he will be a good qb or not, but he certainly was not that good here. It is not grudens fault because their have been qbs who have been successful in grudens offense and Gradkowski is not one of them.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 21, 2008, 05:02:33 PM

I knew Grads sucked, said so from the beginning and of course was shouted down by the masses.   I will say it was the other board though, not sure what this crowd thought.     That said, he isn't the issue.   As much as you all want to minimize it, the head coach is the root in all of these squabbles.   He's the common denominator.   It's not about just X's and O's, you need to have some people skills and know how to manage people as well.    These are two things that Chuck fails miserably at, the evidence to support this is almost mindboggling to those of who know what to look for.  

Dude is there anything the man has done right?  Geez....I haven't opened a thread today where you weren't bashing him.  I mean if you don't like him, I get that.  But we don't need to be reminded in EVERY freakin thread there is on the board.  We ALLLLLLLLL know you don't like the coach...can you bring something else to the table?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#38 : June 21, 2008, 05:04:09 PM

I knew Grads sucked, said so from the beginning and of course was shouted down by the masses. � I will say it was the other board though, not sure what this crowd thought. � � That said, he isn't the issue. � As much as you all want to minimize it, the head coach is the root in all of these squabbles. � He's the common denominator. � It's not about just X's and O's, you need to have some people skills and know how to manage people as well. � �These are two things that Chuck fails miserably at, the evidence to support this is almost mindboggling to those of who know what to look for. �

People skills are great but they are not needed to be a football coach. Bill Bellicheck has been questioned about his people skills and look at how his team does. Bill Parcells didnt have people skills and look at what he did. They do their job the only way they know how to do it.

You are wrong on both counts.  Let me explain the difference.   Both BB and Parcells are held in very high esteem in their locker room, the players love them, it's with the media and the rest of the world that people question their people skills.    That's why they are/were consistant winners.  Chuck on the other hand has problems within  his locker room managing people, that's why we keep hearing from players and coaches about what a moron he is.   See the difference now?  

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#39 : June 21, 2008, 05:04:35 PM

Gradkowksi won against the Eagles and Bengals. 
That statement screams to me anyway..."DON'T EVER LISTEN TO ANYTHING I EVER SAY AGAIN!!!" If you think Gradkowski was responsible for those wins, just stop watching football...please.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#40 : June 21, 2008, 05:06:48 PM

Gradkowksi won against the Eagles and Bengals.
That statement screams to me anyway..."DON'T EVER LISTEN TO ANYTHING I EVER SAY AGAIN!!!" If you think Gradkowski was responsible for those wins, just stop watching football...please.

I knew we'd agree eventually.   Exactly right.   Grads sucks, always has and always will.   No size, no arm, no strength, dumb as a rock.   His future is in the CFL or Arena ball. 

JC510

Practice Squad

#41 : June 21, 2008, 05:06:56 PM

Garcia rode the defense in what game? 

LOL

#42 : June 21, 2008, 05:07:32 PM

Why would you be rooting for him in St. Louis? He embarrassed the hell out of us on national television after a delicious meal.

lmao!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 21, 2008, 05:11:26 PM

Dude is there anything the man has done right?  Geez....I haven't opened a thread today where you weren't bashing him.  I mean if you don't like him, I get that.  But we don't need to be reminded in EVERY freakin thread there is on the board.  We ALLLLLLLLL know you don't like the coach...can you bring something else to the table?

Chev, that's why I stopped paying attention to McIrish years ago.   He's a broken record.   I insult Gruden as well and don't like many things he does.   But to post insults against him every single time you post invalidates any of your posts and makes you look like a fool.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#44 : June 21, 2008, 05:13:12 PM

People skills are great but they are not needed to be a football coach. Bill Bellicheck has been questioned about his people skills and look at how his team does. Bill Parcells didnt have people skills and look at what he did. They do their job the only way they know how to do it.

You are wrong on both counts. �Let me explain the difference. � Both BB and Parcells are held in very high esteem in their locker room, the players love them, it's with the media and the rest of the world that people question their people skills. � �Chuck on the other hand has problems within his locker room, that's why we keep hearing from players and coaches about what a moron he is. � See the difference now? �

Who has come out and said things about Jon Gruden and tell me what their motive was. Listen whenever somebody has come out to say something about gruden it has been about either a contract extension or about not having a place on the team anymore. Not once have you heard a player come out and say something about the coach. Like I will give you an example of somebody who has lost the locker room badly is Tom Coughlin. At the beginning of the year last year you heard a lot of players come out and say bad things about him. The year before they won the super bowl was even worse. They didnt fire him though and eventually took them to the super bowl. It was a good ending for him and he didnt care what anybody said about him did he. Ok next up is Petrino in ATL last year. You talk about problems with the locker room. WOW. Warrick Dunn came out and said some very bad things about how the locker room was. Do you think he wanted to go back to something like that. Well if Gruden has that reputation I would think Dunn is smart enough to not come here right. Listen everything you are talking about does not have any info to back it up. The guys who did have a problem with gruden had a motive behind it. It was either to get more money or to be released because they didnt have a role on the team. Tell me an example of who is not who did not have one of those motives and talked bad about Gruden. I could tell you that BB and Parcells have had incidents very similar to them before.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski happy to be out of Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools