Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question for Obama Supporters (not really political) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

buckit

Hall of Famer

: June 22, 2008, 08:35:13 PM

Ok, so in one of my classes we had to draft an argument covering one of several topics including your pick for president.  The scope of the assignment was to convince the reader to vote for either McCain or Obama.  (I chose a different assignment, for the record).  After reading all of the Obama arguments I realized that not a one of them mentioned any specific policy plans.  All I read was a lot of fluff about Hope and History and how well the guy speaks.  And it dawned on me that I have little to no idea what his policy plans are.  I know McCains, and though I disagree with many of them, I'll admit his camp has done a great job of outlining them. 

Can anyone here outline any specifics about Obama's plan to fix any of the messes we're in?

And keep in mind, phrases like "ending the war" and "providing healthcare" are not specifics.  They are soundbytes.  I want to hear specifics, if anyone has them.  Thanks.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

luvabuc

Second String

#1 : June 22, 2008, 08:57:06 PM

How the hell is this not political?

#2 : June 22, 2008, 09:06:24 PM

Change! He's going to bring change, Buck It. Although no one really seems to know exactly what that change will be...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 22, 2008, 09:22:08 PM

Can anyone here outline any specifics about Obama's plan to fix any of the messes we're in?

No sir.

That question has been put forth to many of his supporters on here, and it is not ever answered.  They do copy and paste quite well, though.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 22, 2008, 09:24:08 PM

Who said it wasn't political?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 22, 2008, 09:24:54 PM

Read the title.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 22, 2008, 09:26:03 PM

Read the title.

DUH ..... that was a damn fine question, then.  ::)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 22, 2008, 09:29:17 PM

Ok, so in one of my classes we had to draft an argument covering one of several topics including your pick for president.  The scope of the assignment was to convince the reader to vote for either McCain or Obama.  (I chose a different assignment, for the record).  After reading all of the Obama arguments I realized that not a one of them mentioned any specific policy plans.  All I read was a lot of fluff about Hope and History and how well the guy speaks.  And it dawned on me that I have little to no idea what his policy plans are.  I know McCains, and though I disagree with many of them, I'll admit his camp has done a great job of outlining them. 

And keep in mind, phrases like "ending the war" and "providing healthcare" are not specifics.  They are soundbytes.  I want to hear specifics, if anyone has them.  Thanks.

His platform is right there if you bother to read it on his website.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 22, 2008, 09:52:22 PM

I pity whoever gets to be president.  Its going to be a mess for whomever takes it over.  There isn't going to be much change in the beginning because THERE'S NO FRIGGEN MONEY IN THE TREASURY. 

Iraq will continue.  Gas will still be high. Yeah, the Saudis will pump some more for us to guzzle.  It's like getting a fix for an addict.
Detroit will think it's cool to get a car that gets 20 miles/gallon.  Hell my '86 Acura gets 22.  There will be no political will to force
Detroit into making cars that 50 miles and up.  A few expensive hybrids here and there. 

Our bridges are falling down, our dams leak, the weather is weird and dangerous everywhere but no national catastrophic fund for
insurance relief for homeowner.  We need mass transit but no one has the political will to get it done.  Imoved to Fl in 1981.  I was a member of the Tampa Chamber of Commerce.  There were many presentations about mass transit and leaders were acting as if
it was going to happen soon.  Its pretty much the same plan you see now.  Citizens of the State of Fl voted to have it.  Jeb Bush
never did it and finally killed it as being to expensive...that was it. 

No one person can address all that in 4-8 years.  Not to mention healthcare fiasco.

I sure wouldnt want to be this next President.  It ain't gonna be pretty folks.  No way it can be.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#9 : June 22, 2008, 11:06:57 PM

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

I figured since nobody would give you the views so just go there. Apparently his "blueprint of change" you can download right off that page. Dont buy into that bulls....it just wont work.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

luvabuc

Second String

#10 : June 23, 2008, 03:21:20 AM

Of course there's no money, Ladyfan, it's all going down a little sewer called Iraq.

#11 : June 23, 2008, 08:48:58 AM

This is political and i'm just wondering why people have to explain their political reasons why they endorce Obama. On the other hand people nobody questions Mccain I'm sure because he is a "real model american."

----------------
Now playing: Foo Fighters - Hey, Johnny Park!
via FoxyTunes

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 23, 2008, 09:08:21 AM

This is political and i'm just wondering why people have to explain their political reasons why they endorce Obama. On the other hand people nobody questions Mccain I'm sure because he is a "real model american."
Thanks for answering

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#13 : June 23, 2008, 09:26:45 AM

I didn't say I endorced him. But I also don't make judgements based on what the media tells me like many of you do.
This thread was obviously created just like so many others here to start a bashing contest on Obama supporters. You should respect somebodies right to vote.
I do find it amusing how their are so many Obama threads here, maybe I'm wrong, maybe most people here do actually endorce him since everyone likes to talk about him so much haha.

----------------
Now playing: Modest Mouse - Paper Thin Walls
via FoxyTunes

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 23, 2008, 09:29:28 AM

Ok, so in one of my classes we had to draft an argument covering one of several topics including your pick for president. The scope of the assignment was to convince the reader to vote for either McCain or Obama. (I chose a different assignment, for the record). After reading all of the Obama arguments I realized that not a one of them mentioned any specific policy plans. All I read was a lot of fluff about Hope and History and how well the guy speaks. And it dawned on me that I have little to no idea what his policy plans are. I know McCains, and though I disagree with many of them, I'll admit his camp has done a great job of outlining them.

And keep in mind, phrases like "ending the war" and "providing healthcare" are not specifics. They are soundbytes. I want to hear specifics, if anyone has them. Thanks.

In one sentence:  "He intends robbing the rich to pay the poor".    Problem is the "rich" are very good at hiding their money when the tax rates get exorbitant.

He wants to be the first leader in history to tax and spend a country out of a recession......should be fun to watch.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question for Obama Supporters (not really political) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools