Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question for Obama Supporters (not really political) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

#30 : June 23, 2008, 12:02:24 PM

I have to ask why are people so concerned with government in their lives? People didn't mind when Bush was tapping our phones.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 23, 2008, 12:14:25 PM

Democrats, Republicans, they are all crooks. Bush, Clinton, etc are just props for us to hate and focus on so that Congress and big businees can cut up the money in the back room.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 23, 2008, 12:16:07 PM

Unfortunately this doesn't work when magacorps collude to keep prices unreasonably high

Oil companies do not control the price of oil, fact. 

They do control the price of gas

#33 : June 23, 2008, 12:16:25 PM

Democrats, Republicans, they are all crooks. Bush, Clinton, etc are just props for us to hate and focus on so that Congress and big businees can cut up the money in the back room.

They are all puppets on strings if you think about it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 23, 2008, 12:19:50 PM

Unfortunately this doesn't work when magacorps collude to keep prices unreasonably high

Oil companies do not control the price of oil, fact.

They do control the price of gas

They make pennies a gallon, there really isn't much they can do about the prices right now.  AND even if they could reduce gas prices is that going to correct the global supply and demand problems?  Don't answer because its a resounding NO, it will send the price of oil up because Americans will continue over consuming.

Quit blaming everyone else and take accoutable for your own spending habbits and consumption.  Until America realises it needs to change teh way we live the probelms will continue.

#35 : June 23, 2008, 12:23:18 PM

I agree with M~J~S American shoulds be smarter and consume smarter in these hard times. We need to change our energy habits. Obama in honesty has this in mind I feel vs Mccain. He isn't pro environment or pro anything if you ask me. Is Obama, well I don't know to be honest but the GOP brand is in shambles and for good reason.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 23, 2008, 12:28:40 PM

BTW - if anyone whats to blame someone for US gas prices in the coming years, then blame the politicians and lobbyists.  Saudi and many other countries are increasing the supply of 'heavy-sour' crude, which the US can't refine.  Now if we had taken the Saudi's generous offer to build two new state-of-the-art refineries we might have benefited from than new production.  Now much of it will end up in India and China. 

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 23, 2008, 01:26:44 PM

obama can't get off of $140/barrel oil because the tax windfall is the goverment's!  they make points on each gallon pumped although they never funded a rig, well, or exploration.  they don't fund the distribution costs, they don't have a cost of sale.  they are the consummate PIMP that strong arms both ends.  the oil companies are just prostitutes paying everybody else off as they turn tricks.  this is the oldest profession - we're just talking crude instead of trysts. 

the funny part is acknowledging that a guy that is no more than a dirty, back room, typical, expedient politician is the avenue to change all this.  he has more skeletons in his closet than Dahmer had in his basement.  they guy is no different than mccain, in fact, mccain's only viewed by Capitalists (like myself) as the lesser of two evils because he leans toward a free market society.  he's not overly "conservative", in fact - very moderate. 

but this election isn't about party affiliation.  this is a hate based election.  idiots from both sides are pimpin' their candidate for few of the right reasons.  most reasonable people know that big tax and spend social programs kill a Capitalist society - so if you're for that, you are by definition on board with abolishing the American dream.  most on the left can go along with that so long as the war is ended, troops come home, trees are left alone, we dip into the middle tier of the world power scale, and "ugly America" finally gets what it is "due" - our chickens will come home to roost per se.  i don't really see the upside of this, but i don't see anyone on the left arguing against it. 

this is an election to right historical wrongs in the view of many.  the notion that by electing a black president that the issues of slavery are forever forgiven is a farce.  my vote is with mccain, but my money is on obama because he's flopped out of his previous flip of using gov't money and running a race using the $3.00 check box money on our tax returns - there's more money from dubious, faux internet based donations.

you come here, work your asss off, be industrious, live sparingly, build a company, maybe wind up an empire.  it is what draws people here in the form of opportunity.  take that away, one good thing comes out of it - maybe we address our bloating population issues.  then the left can claim they solved all of our problems when consumption is reduced because nobody wants to be here.

if anyone thinks that the budget gets balanced because the dollars going toward the war on terror will be plunked into the deficit under obama - go read up on the Global Poverty Tax, i mean, Act.  $845 billion of our tax dollars are earmarked by obama to cure world poverty because afterall, it's our fault.

when math don't add up, it don't add up.  all you small business owners - no cap on social security, $200K is your ceiling, you will be forced to provide Federal healthcare, your corporate tax will be upwards of 52%, and your personal around 39.6% - that's change you can believe in!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 23, 2008, 01:27:02 PM

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gas-could-fall-2-if/story.aspx?guid=%7B2673C102%2D68E0%2D41D9%2D9C9A%2D10EE2E723948%7D&tool=1&dist=bigcharts&

Excerpt...

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The price of retail gasoline would fall by half, to around $2 a gallon, within 30 days of passage of a law to limit speculation in energy futures markets, four energy analysts told Congress on Monday.

Testifying to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Michael Masters of Masters Capital Management said the price of crude oil would quickly drop closer to its marginal cost of around $65 to $75 a barrel, about half the current $135.

Fadel Gheit of Oppenheimer & Co., Edward Krapels of Energy Security Analysis and Roger Diwan of PFC Energy Consultants agreed with Masters' assessment at a hearing on proposed legislation to limit speculation in futures markets.

Krapels said it wouldn't even take 30 days to drive prices lower, as fund managers quickly liquidated their positions in futures markets.
"Energy speculation has become a growth industry and it is time for the government to intervene," said Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., chairman of the full committee. "We need to consider a full range of options to counter this rapacious speculation."

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 23, 2008, 01:28:56 PM

I have to ask why are people so concerned with government in their lives? People didn't mind when Bush was tapping our phones.

Was?  Past tense,was?

Try IS, as in, the government IS still legally entitled to tap phone calls without a warrant even if both parties are US citizens as long as one of the parties is overseas.

Or, The Patriot Act IS an abomination that allows anyone to be arrested and detained without charges, legal representation, or due process for an indefinite amount of time.

And yes, some of us DID, and still DO mind.  But to answer your question, two wrongs don't make a right.

kmitchell

Starter

#40 : June 23, 2008, 01:36:05 PM

Ok, so in one of my classes we had to draft an argument covering one of several topics including your pick for president.  The scope of the assignment was to convince the reader to vote for either McCain or Obama.  (I chose a different assignment, for the record).  After reading all of the Obama arguments I realized that not a one of them mentioned any specific policy plans.  All I read was a lot of fluff about Hope and History and how well the guy speaks.  And it dawned on me that I have little to no idea what his policy plans are.  I know McCains, and though I disagree with many of them, I'll admit his camp has done a great job of outlining them. 

Can anyone here outline any specifics about Obama's plan to fix any of the messes we're in?

And keep in mind, phrases like "ending the war" and "providing healthcare" are not specifics.  They are soundbytes.  I want to hear specifics, if anyone has them.  Thanks.

Pulling all combat troops out of Iraq in 16 months, leaving troops to guard the American Embassy. 1-2 Combat Brigades will be withdrawn per month.

$4,000 tuition for ALL college students.

If you feel like reading, he lays it all out right here... http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 23, 2008, 01:38:48 PM

obama can't get off of $140/barrel oil because the tax windfall is the goverment's! they make points on each gallon pumped although they never funded a rig, well, or exploration. they don't fund the distribution costs, they don't have a cost of sale. they are the consummate PIMP that strong arms both ends. the oil companies are just prostitutes paying everybody else off as they turn tricks. this is the oldest profession - we're just talking crude instead of trysts.

the funny part is acknowledging that a guy that is no more than a dirty, back room, typical, expedient politician is the avenue to change all this. he has more skeletons in his closet than Dahmer had in his basement. they guy is no different than mccain, in fact, mccain's only viewed by Capitalists (like myself) as the lesser of two evils because he leans toward a free market society. he's not overly "conservative", in fact - very moderate.

but this election isn't about party affiliation. this is a hate based election. idiots from both sides are pimpin' their candidate for few of the right reasons. most reasonable people know that big tax and spend social programs kill a Capitalist society - so if you're for that, you are by definition on board with abolishing the American dream. most on the left can go along with that so long as the war is ended, troops come home, trees are left alone, we dip into the middle tier of the world power scale, and "ugly America" finally gets what it is "due" - our chickens will come home to roost per se. i don't really see the upside of this, but i don't see anyone on the left arguing against it.

this is an election to right historical wrongs in the view of many. the notion that by electing a black president that the issues of slavery are forever forgiven is a farce. my vote is with mccain, but my money is on obama because he's flopped out of his previous flip of using gov't money and running a race using the $3.00 check box money on our tax returns - there's more money from dubious, faux internet based donations.

you come here, work your asss off, be industrious, live sparingly, build a company, maybe wind up an empire. it is what draws people here in the form of opportunity. take that away, one good thing comes out of it - maybe we address our bloating population issues. then the left can claim they solved all of our problems when consumption is reduced because nobody wants to be here.

if anyone thinks that the budget gets balanced because the dollars going toward the war on terror will be plunked into the deficit under obama - go read up on the Global Poverty Tax, i mean, Act. $845 billion of our tax dollars are earmarked by obama to cure world poverty because afterall, it's our fault.

when math don't add up, it don't add up. all you small business owners - no cap on social security, $200K is your ceiling, you will be forced to provide Federal healthcare, your corporate tax will be upwards of 52%, and your personal around 39.6% - that's change you can believe in!

First, let me list all the reasons you are wrong:

ON second thought, GREAT POST!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 23, 2008, 01:43:16 PM

$4,000 tuition for ALL college students.

Yay!  Free money for those who haven't earned it.

There are plenty of scholarships available for those who have earned them, without the gov't pissing away more taxpayer dollars.

kmitchell

Starter

#43 : June 23, 2008, 01:46:08 PM

Free money for the future leaders of this nation. Thats a horrible waste of money. Educating our kids past reading and writing fundamentals.. If you want to piss away a couple tax dollars, look at the permanent bases we are building in the Sand Box.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 23, 2008, 01:48:35 PM

Free money for the future leaders of this nation.

Every kid that goes to college is a leader of this nation?  Have you been on a college campus lately?

The kids who deserve scholarships and grants will get them.  The ones who don't will not, they can pay their own way for their four-year party.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question for Obama Supporters (not really political) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools