Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lightning's New Owners « previous next »
Page: 1

: June 23, 2008, 03:00:20 PM

Oren Koules and Len Barrie sound like they really want to win.

Koules said - " I know that we are going to have a very simple motto this year, we're going to win."

He also went on to say that they will "shoot for the moon and see how everything fits" regarding the teams payroll.

They just added Steven Stamkos, perhaps the next Crosby? Maybe not but he's already being compared to guys like Joe Sakic.

Lecavalier and St. Louis are certainly hungry after last season. Hopefully Mike Smith steps up and plays up to his potential. Vinnie Prospal is back, I like it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 23, 2008, 03:01:48 PM

They didn't call Stamkos the Michael Jordan of hockey did they?

bucbeast

Second String
#2 : June 23, 2008, 03:41:08 PM

Koules said - " I know that we are going to have a very simple motto this year, we're going to win."

He also went on to say that they will "shoot for the moon and see how everything fits" regarding the teams payroll.

They just added Steven Stamkos, perhaps the next Crosby? Maybe not but he's already being compared to guys like Joe Sakic.

Lecavalier and St. Louis are certainly hungry after last season. Hopefully Mike Smith steps up and plays up to his potential. Vinnie Prospal is back, I like it.

If they were really serious why did they hire Melrose?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 23, 2008, 04:51:47 PM

They didn't call Stamkos the Michael Jordan of hockey did they?

Art was the Man .......   ;D

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 23, 2008, 04:53:12 PM

Good point......... Here's hoping they really do know more about hockey than most of us fans because I have yet to find anyone on board with this hire.

bucbeast

Second String
#5 : June 23, 2008, 05:01:22 PM

Good point......... Here's hoping they really do know more about hockey than most of us fans because I have yet to find anyone on board with this hire.

I made it through the 3rd interview but wouldnt back down on my demand for 10 cases of Grey Goose a week.................. Cheap &*)%#@%$

#6 : June 23, 2008, 07:34:37 PM

Melrose isnt that bad of a hiring. The question is....if not Melrose then who else?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 23, 2008, 08:05:15 PM

Melrose isnt that bad of a hiring. The question is....if not Melrose then who else?

This is going to work one of 2 ways for Melrose

1. He does so damn awful they run his butt out of town
or
2. He does so damn good, wins a championship, many whine and cry how he won with Torts Team, and a large contingent tries to run him out of town.....

Either way, he is screwed.  I hope for option 2, as at least then I get to see another Lightning title.....

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 23, 2008, 09:26:03 PM

Melrose isnt that bad of a hiring.

Your reasoning.......?

The question is....if not Melrose then who else?

Someone who, at least, had coached this millenium would have been nice...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 23, 2008, 10:34:23 PM

Melrose isnt that bad of a hiring.

Your reasoning.......?

He's won at every level, including the NHL - where he was a 2 minute minor for an illegal stick away from coaching the Kings to a Stanley Cup and The Great One gave him a ringing endorsement over the weekend.

I admit, I'm a little cautious about Melrose too, I really liked Torts.

As for OK and LB....I'm excited - it will be interesting to see if they can put their money where their mouths are. If you can believe what they say, Tampa Bay finally has owners that truly care about winning and not the bottom line.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : June 23, 2008, 11:12:06 PM

I dont mind the Melrose signing as the new head coach. He has a won a cup and he has more insight of every player and team than anybody. Not only that but the new owners sound like they want to spend some money and get a couple of the top free agents here next tuesday when free agency starts.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#11 : June 24, 2008, 09:34:00 AM

This is going to work one of 2 ways for Melrose

1. He does so damn awful they run his butt out of town
or
2. He does so damn good, wins a championship, many whine and cry how he won with Torts Team, and a large contingent tries to run him out of town.....

Either way, he is screwed. I hope for option 2, as at least then I get to see another Lightning title.....

LOL...sure sounds like these idiot fans/media here in Tampa Bay.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lightning's New Owners « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools