Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

: June 23, 2008, 01:29:10 PM

In the interest of finding some "light" reflective discussion during this quiet time before TC, I've got a few game questions for you all.

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?  Details......

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  Locations?

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Why?

1) My first game was back in 93, Bucs-Packers.  Favre cut us up with 4 TD's.  We had Craig Ericson who did end the game with a long bomb to Horace Copeland.  In those days, it was great to at least leave on a good note.  It was early in Favre's career and I remember being impressed by his arm.  I had a feeling he would do pretty well.  If my memory serves me correctly Sterling Sharpe was on the receiving end of at least 3 of his TD's.

2) First game was obviously at the Sombrero.  I moved to New Jersey in 97 and have not been to Ray Jay yet.  That will change this year as my schedule will finally allow me to attend my first game at the "new" stadium.  I hear it's awesome and I can't wait.

3) I've never seen the Bucs on the road but would like to some day.  Great reason for a road trip.

4) I attended most of my games in the lean years of the early 90's.  However, my favorite game was against Chicago in December of '97.  Karl Williams ran back a punt for a score and I remember grabbing my brother and shaking him so hard that he spilled both of his beers.     We still laugh about it to this day.   Even when Spurlock took our first kickoff return back for a touchdown it was awesome to see on TV but there's nothing like seeing a run back live.  I also remember Warrick Dunn had a nice game and ran all over the Bears.

What about you guys?

Turn the page.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 23, 2008, 01:38:42 PM

I don't recall. Likely something their very first season.

Sombrero. 

San Diego and others.

No way to pick just one. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

buc5win

Starter

#2 : June 23, 2008, 01:46:56 PM

1)  i dont live anywhere near Tampa or even in the U.S.A for that matter so the first chance i had to see a game was last year.  oh yes  just imagine, your sitting 10 rows up from the field feeling like a 16 year old girl about to lose her virginity.  waiting for this moment for the last whoever long you can remember and then they lose 23-16 to the Detroit Lions. Yup i pick the good ones but tampa plays in Detroit again this year and i got the same seats so we'll see whats up. God, I just about puked when Garcia Fumbled that ball.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 23, 2008, 03:22:41 PM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?

October 5, 1986 @ LA Rams in Anaheim. Eric **CENSORED**erson runs for 207 yards and two TDs, including a 42-yarder in overtime, and the Rams win 26-20.

Big Sombrero, November 16, 1997 vs. the Patriots. 27-7 butt-kickin'. We had the shutout, but the scrubs let the Pats score with like 10 seconds left or something like that. I flew across the country, I wanted the goose egg!  >:(

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road? Locations?

Anaheim X2, San Fransisco X2, San Diego, Dallas on Thanksgiving, Seattle on Opening Day..
(plans for Denver this year are already in motion)

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable? Why?

The aforementioned Big Sombrero game. The only time I've been to Tampa..

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 23, 2008, 03:34:13 PM

Wow, I'm so ashamed, I'm only 43 and can't remember the details of the first Bucs game I went to.  I do remember going to a game before we had the team when we were trying to get one.  However I have been to games at the sombrero and at the Ray Jay.  I've been to the ATL a few times to watch a game.

My most memorable game was our first Monday night game at the Ray Jay.  That place can be electric on Monday...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 23, 2008, 03:35:38 PM

In the interest of finding some "light" reflective discussion during this quiet time before TC, I've got a few game questions for you all.

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended? Details......

1) My first game was back in 93, Bucs-Packers. Favre cut us up with 4 TD's. We had Craig Ericson who did end the game with a long bomb to Horace Copeland. In those days, it was great to at least leave on a good note. It was early in Favre's career and I remember being impressed by his arm. I had a feeling he would do pretty well. If my memory serves me correctly Sterling Sharpe was on the receiving end of at least 3 of his TD's.

2) First game was obviously at the Sombrero. I moved to New Jersey in 97 and have not been to Ray Jay yet. That will change this year as my schedule will finally allow me to attend my first game at the "new" stadium. I hear it's awesome and I can't wait.

3) I've never seen the Bucs on the road but would like to some day. Great reason for a road trip.

4) I attended most of my games in the lean years of the early 90's. However, my favorite game was against Chicago in December of '97. Karl Williams ran back a punt for a score and I remember grabbing my brother and shaking him so hard that he spilled both of his beers. We still laugh about it to this day. Even when Spurlock took our first kickoff return back for a touchdown it was awesome to see on TV but there's nothing like seeing a run back live. I also remember Warrick Dunn had a nice game and ran all over the Bears.

What about you guys?

1- 1986 (I think) against the all-world Bears
2- sombrero
3-Atlanta; the season they won the Super Bowl & Cincinnati; years ago (from there originally)
4-NFC Divisional round when we pounded the 49ers 31-6 en route to the Bucs' 1st Super Bowl

You must be accountable for your actions!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 23, 2008, 05:10:13 PM

1. 49ers @ Tampa - First year of the new uniforms. When Sapp and Brooks took out Rice and Young in the same game.

2. Game was played at Tampa Stadium.

3. Never traveled.

4. Out of all the games I've seen I would have to say the 49ers game or all of the south and central rivals. We always play those teams tough. Never a dull game. We had tickets to the Bucs Bears game at ray jay quite a while back when we blew them out of the water 44-0 or something like that but I had to pass on going because I was too sick to go.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 23, 2008, 06:01:45 PM

Don't remember details of first game since I was pretty young (and I'm 36 Chev that's worse).

Definitely at the Sombrero

Seen the Bucs in Atlanta and Meadowlands (J-E-T-S)

Most memorable?   There's so many that were memorable for so many different reasons. 

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 23, 2008, 06:06:33 PM

I've only been to two home games, since I don't live in the area.  My first one was the Bucs/Panthers game where Simms almost died and we lost at the last-second field goal.  My REAL first game was when we played Jacksonville in '03.

Ray Jay, obviously.

The only other place I've seen them is in Jax...a few preseason games and the one in 2003.

2003: Bucs vs. Jags, Bucs were already on their downslope for the season...and we lost without a fight.
2006: The aforementioned Bucs/Panthers
2007: Bucs vs. Jags, Bucs came back from 14 down, only to lose at the last few minutes
2005- present: Any Bucs/Jags preseason game (my good friend always has an extra ticket)

And no, I have never witnessed a win.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 23, 2008, 06:30:03 PM

I've only been to two home games, since I don't live in the area. My first one was the Bucs/Panthers game where Simms almost died and we lost at the last-second field goal. My REAL first game was when we played Jacksonville in '03.

Ray Jay, obviously.

The only other place I've seen them is in Jax...a few preseason games and the one in 2003.

2003: Bucs vs. Jags, Bucs were already on their downslope for the season...and we lost without a fight.
2007: Bucs vs. Jags, Bucs came back from 14 down, only to lose at the last few minutes
2005- present: Any Bucs/Jags preseason game (my good friend always has an extra ticket)

I feel good and bad for you.  I feel bad that you've never seen them win in person. However, now you have a small feel of how some long sufferers back in the day.  Dude took us two freaking years to win a game.  You know what that feels like to go out there knowing they really didn't have a shot?  Man it was brutal.  Not quite the same for you but just a glimmer of what we went through for so many years...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 23, 2008, 06:36:05 PM

I've only been to two home games, since I don't live in the area. My first one was the Bucs/Panthers game where Simms almost died and we lost at the last-second field goal. My REAL first game was when we played Jacksonville in '03.

Ray Jay, obviously.

I feel good and bad for you.  I feel bad that you've never seen them win in person. However, now you have a small feel of how some long sufferers back in the day.  Dude took us two freaking years to win a game.  You know what that feels like to go out there knowing they really didn't have a shot?  Man it was brutal.  Not quite the same for you but just a glimmer of what we went through for so many years...

Thanks, Chev, that's a very good point.  I've been to more than just Buc games, and as it turns out, the team I've cheered for has always lost.  I'm 0-9.  What you said, though, will make me think twice next time I start complaining about it.  I guess when I do experience that win, it'll be that much sweeter.

Either that, or I'm cursed and should stay away from Ray Jay. ;)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 23, 2008, 06:45:47 PM

Ray Jay, obviously.

I feel good and bad for you. I feel bad that you've never seen them win in person. However, now you have a small feel of how some long sufferers back in the day. Dude took us two freaking years to win a game. You know what that feels like to go out there knowing they really didn't have a shot? Man it was brutal. Not quite the same for you but just a glimmer of what we went through for so many years...

Thanks, Chev, that's a very good point. I've been to more than just Buc games, and as it turns out, the team I've cheered for has always lost. I'm 0-9. What you said, though, will make me think twice next time I start complaining about it. I guess when I do experience that win, it'll be that much sweeter.

Either that, or I'm cursed and should stay away from Ray Jay. ;)

No worries dawg, it just struck me as odd that you'd never been to a game when they won.  Wow! You're like a throwback and didn't even know it dude.  You my friend can relate!!!  I always try, I don't always succeed, to temper my comments about the team today with thoughts of how it used to be.  We were so bad Cub fans felt bad for us.  They were "lovable" loosers, poeple hated us.  And our Uni's.  Which is one reason why I'd love for the team to don some Orange and White and kick some everloving BUTT!!!  For those years I was in the military and guys ask you where you're from before they ask your name.  Cuz when they found out you were from Tampa know what I got?  "Dude, you guys suck!"  Everytime, everywhere, even in Alaska!

So yeah, CB you brought a little nostalgia to me today man.  If you ever feel bad about having never seen one in person, PM me and I'll talk you off the ledge.  Trust me I have plenty of practice.  Oh and you know I'm positive dawg, you don't have to stay away, just come to this years regular season game against the ATL... ;)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 23, 2008, 06:48:39 PM

BTW, doesn't this feel like an AA meeting or something?

Chev: Hello group, I'm Chev

Group: Hi, Chev!

Leader: Chev tell us about your first time at a Bucs game...

ROFLMBAO....Or am I just a little loopy and need to pop in the SB DVD?

henryg

Practice Squad

#13 : June 23, 2008, 06:58:32 PM

Living in England I've only had a chance to attend one Bucs game, it was the Bucs - Falcons in 2005, so that would be at Ray Jay.
I've never travelled to an away game but this autumn I'm going on a three month road trip from Boston to Miami that takes me to Carolina at the same time as the Monday night game, which I am going to attend at any cost.
Despite having attended only one game I am sure you'll agree that I could not have been at a much more memorable one, with the Bucs coming from behind to take it to overtime, fumbling the kickoff, blocking the Falcons FG and eventually winning seconds before OT expired.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 23, 2008, 07:14:45 PM

since i live on the west coast...

dont remember the year 98, 99??? But @ Seattle, kingdom. Trent Dilfer breaks hand and 2nd half begins the mistake known as Shaun King era. We beat the snot out of Jon Kitna and the chickenhawks..

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools