Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : June 23, 2008, 07:25:44 PM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended? Details......

Nope. Too long ago!!

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?

Sombrero.... sometime in 1977

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road? Locations?

Dallas, Nawleans, NY, Washington, Jax and Miami.  Going to the Denver game this year.

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?

NY was fun. Not the game because we lost to a decrepit Vinny Testeverde but it was my first trip to the big Apple. Seeing the sites including Ground Zero was pretty amazing to me.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#16 : June 23, 2008, 07:28:20 PM

First game---November 25, 1979 against Minnesota...I was 9 years old. I remember we had like 2 extra points and one short FG blocked and we lost by 1 point. We needed the win to clinch the nfc central...All I remember, other than the blocked kicks, was the crowd being real angry about the blocked kicks.

The only road game I attended was an awful one. It was in Fulton county stadium in Atlanta November 27, 1988. I was driving back to kentucky that day for college(thanksgiving weekend), so I stopped in ATL to watch the game withn about 14,000 other people. No joke, look it up. The attendance that day was under 15K. It was raining buckets. Vinny threw 4 picks...Bucs lose 17-10.

The most memorable game...would probably be Bucs-Rams, Monday night in 2000.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : June 23, 2008, 07:30:19 PM

Old sombrero against the bears, was really young. I can kinda remember it though. It was really hot.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 23, 2008, 08:54:22 PM

Good thread idea....

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?

Last game of the 1984 season - John McKay's last game - a 41-21 win over the Jets

SAME.

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  Locations?

Just here in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome - 2005 & 2007 - both wins.

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Why?

I'd have to say the first one.  I was 9 years old and went with my dad.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 23, 2008, 08:58:09 PM

Unfortunately I've never been to a Buccaneers game. I want to but at my age and considering I live in New Jersey I don't think it will be happening soon. My friends have Giants tickets but we could never make the Giants - Bucs. We always went to see Giants - Cowboys. It is a great experience to see an NFL game but I hate the Giants so it wasn't exactly the most fun. I've only been to three NFL games actually... two giants and i went to see the steelers and browns in Pitt since my dad is a Browns fan. I'll be in Tampa alot due to educational reasons but I doubt I will get to any games unless I find someone with tickets. One day though....one day I'll make it to Ray Jay and see the Bucs play. ................And that rhymes.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 23, 2008, 09:01:56 PM

Does it count if you were still in the womb?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 23, 2008, 09:04:45 PM

Unfortunately I've never been to a Buccaneers game. I want to but at my age and considering I live in New Jersey I don't think it will be happening soon. My friends have Giants tickets but we could never make the Giants - Bucs. We always went to see Giants - Cowboys. It is a great experience to see an NFL game but I hate the Giants so it wasn't exactly the most fun. I've only been to three NFL games actually... two giants and i went to see the steelers and browns in Pitt since my dad is a Browns fan. I'll be in Tampa alot due to educational reasons but I doubt I will get to any games unless I find someone with tickets. One day though....one day I'll make it to Ray Jay and see the Bucs play. ................And that rhymes.

Dang dude, you pm me when you get here dawg, we'll get you to a game...maybe not this year but next year for sure...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 23, 2008, 09:11:27 PM

Dang dude, you pm me when you get here dawg, we'll get you to a game...maybe not this year but next year for sure...

I'd love that man, any game is better than no game. I'll take that first year and get settled into the Tampa area and college atmosphere.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#23 : June 23, 2008, 09:13:15 PM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?

Living outta state for the most part when younger, it was @ NYJ in '91, home was  '92 vs. GB, Favre's first appearance.

^^^^

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  @Jets in '91, @ Pitt in '06, @ Balt in '02, @ Skins a cpl times, @ Philly in '95 and '99, @ Carolina several times and intend to in Dec., @ Atl in '02, hopefully KC in Nov.

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Skins @ home in '05, Watters' alligator arms in Philly '95, @ Carolina '05

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 23, 2008, 10:21:20 PM

BTW, doesn't this feel like an AA meeting or something?

Chev: Hello group, I'm Chev

Group: Hi, Chev!

Leader: Chev tell us about your first time at a Bucs game...

ROFLMBAO....Or am I just a little loopy and need to pop in the SB DVD?

CB: Hi, I'm Cotton Balls, and I also am a winless Bucs fan.

LOL, thanks Chev, I'll be sure to PM you if I ever get down on the losing...especially if I go into double digits...so it could very well be in a few months, as I am planning to go to at least one game this year.  What really sucks is that I've only been to two in Tampa and BOTH came down to the final seconds. 

I don't know how you or anyone else did it, man...but I'm glad I could bring back some "fond" memories for ya, haha.  I will forever respect you guys who stuck it out through the worst.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 23, 2008, 11:47:57 PM

November 1991 vs NY Giants. I think Dave Meggett ran a punt back.

Sat in the upper corner of the Old Sombrero

Most memorable for me because I returned home to our apartment to find out my wife had suffered a miscarriage.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 24, 2008, 02:38:24 PM

Does it count if you were still in the womb?

Well considering the vantage point you had at the time, your details might be a little sketchy but sure why not.  :)

Well, if it was a womb with a view, then...

12thbuc

Starter

#27 : June 24, 2008, 01:22:56 AM

First game was a pre-season game vs Miami, and i believe it was 02, dont remember much of it, but i do remember we won.
Haven't seen a reg-season game yet
Been to a few Gators games in the late 90's

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

MucBuc

Starter
#28 : June 24, 2008, 07:23:21 AM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended? Details......

Buccaneers - Bengals in 2006. It was my first trip to the US. A hot day and the game was at 1 pm, with my seat being basically on top of the stadium. Felt like I was about to get roasted up there. Despite the sun lotion, I got a good sunburn that would bother me for 2 more weeks, but I still enjoyed it and the Bucs won.

RJS

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road? Locations?

Didn't

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable? Why?

Buccaneers - Eagles 2006. Late in the 4th quarter Westbrook broke a long TD run that seemed to seal the game. But then the Bucs managed to move the ball across the field with almost no time left and won with a last-second 62 yd Bryant field goal.

Oh, how I tire of young men and their ambitions.

BuccaneerBlood

Rookie

#29 : June 24, 2008, 11:45:31 AM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?  Details......
         Well my 1st game was when I was about 10 and the Bucs played the Rams. (like 25 years ago, man I feel old now lol) Cant remember too much about it. But I know I was on cloud nine being there lol. Soon after that we moved back to New York.

Sombrero

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  Locations?
              Well tryin to watch or go to a Bucs game being in New York was tough. (Well til i got direct TV LOL) But my 1st road game was in Philly for the 2001 playoff game. I got my chance and took advantage of it even though I was warned by every football fan I knew to not go because of the philly fans and how they are etc... So I dragged my nephew along as he became a big Buc fan due to me lol. Anyways we drove the 4 hour drive wearing our buc gear proudly. And I can say we survived the philly fans.  We sat in the 700 section which was pretty much the worst spot youd want to sit if you were an oposing team fan. We heard it from the moment we stepped out the car. Getting food and misc items tossed at us and we walked around the parking lot filming here and there the fans giving us hell lol. Was alot of fun really. When we went inside and got to our seat. And by the time the game started we heard from just about every fan in the section. And if anyone was/is a WWE fan, well remember that thing stone cold steve austin used to do? when he would say "What?" over and over again? Well as the fans jeered at us and threw things we stood up and looked at them all and with a hand to our ears kept saying "What?" and they kept talking was so funny. We saw numerous people get hauled off to the the philly stadium jail lol. I gotta say even though the Bucs lost bad it was definatly a fun memorable experiance. I pop in the vid I took every now and then. Shortly after I moved back to Tampa and they won the Superbowl. I couldnt of picked a better time to move back =)

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Why?
         Well its a cross between 2 games. The 1st was the monday night game against the Colts need I say more? >.<  And the other has to be last year when me and my daughter watched Spurlock make history and took it to da house. Ray Jay was going nuts as were we =)

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools