Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 24, 2008, 11:52:46 AM

1. My first game was Dec. 26, 1982. Bucs 23, Lions 21. I took a 20-hour train ride from Trenton NJ to Wildwood, Fla. I get off the train and my 79-year-old grandmother tells me 'I got you a ticket for Sunday's game.' Took busride from Leesburg, Fla. to game with bag lunch. Bucs rallied from 21-6 down. It was about 75 degrees, light breeze, sunny. I sat in the next-to-last row at the top of the stadium at the far end zone (where Bill Capece kicked his game-winning field goal in the last minute). It was HEAVEN!
2. Sombrero. But on a day that nice, seats far away were a good thing.
3. I've been to several different road locations. Living in NJ, I've been to several games vs. the Giants, Jets, Eagles. Also flown to Cincy and hope to drive to either Carolina or one of the midwestern foes within a few years.
4. My first game was so memorable because it was the last playoff year for 15 years. But I enjoyed coming down for the Carolina game in 2002. That was great. And winning the Cincy game in 2001 in OT on Lynch's forced fumble and recovery was worth the trip.

In Verner We Trust

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 24, 2008, 12:21:11 PM

1. Wow, I can't remember the first game I attended, but it would have been in 1977. I was with my cousin, who had tickets through IMC (now Mosaic) and they had a big tailgate tent and we got to ride to the stadium on an antique fire truck.  For the life of me, I can't remember who we played, but it seems like it was an NFC North team.

2. Sombrero

3. San Diego, Carolina and Detroit.

4. My most memorable game was the NFC Championship game in Jan 1980.  We lost to the LA Rams 0-9.  I had made a bet with my husband that whoever got the ticket would go to the game.  Guess who got that ticket?  :)  IMC was good to me through the early years.  I went by myself and ended up with the muckity mucks from IMC.  They weren't very demonstrative during the first half, but I guess I had shamed them by the 2nd half.  LOL!  I do remember it was cold as heck that day.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 24, 2008, 12:36:55 PM

Went to first Bucs game ever at then Tampa Stadium. Went thru Houlihans(sp?), sombrerro and Ray Jay.

Most memorable game in Tampa-The downpour at the KC game.

Most memorable game (not counting SB) beating Philly to go to SB.

Never been to an away game.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#33 : June 24, 2008, 12:38:03 PM

1st Game -- 81 or 82 Bucs v Lions  (Bucs won but I was 8 or 9 so I don't recall much other than some Detroit bum getting knocked out and carried out by police and Lions friends.. See ya buddy)

Sombrero -- To many times with most being losses!!! Damn those Orange cycles outfits!

Only the citrus bowl in preseason -- doesn't really count!

Man this is tough. I have seen the 1st punt return, the 1st kick off.. Last win at sombrero, 62 yarder at Eagles, 49 Playoffs... The list keeps going. I have been fortunate to be at all these games and more and see some great highlights in buc history!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 24, 2008, 12:51:42 PM

Although I've been a Bucs fan since the 70s, the first home game I attended was in the old Tampa Stadium in its last year before they demolished it. Living in Illinois it just wasn't that easy to get down that way and I didn't know anyone down there either. Then a friend of mine from up here moved to St. Pete with her son and offered to let me crash on the couch anytime. She's a Vikes fan, so the next season I flew down and we went to watch that game in Tampa. I really can't explain it, but it felt so good the first time to walk into that stadium and see everything in front of me that I had previously only seen on TV. I must have taken about 30 pictures before we even went into the game! Nice to be among a stadium full of people cheering for the Bucs instead of just me at the road games up here. Of course, the 80 degrees and sunshine in December were pretty nice too! :)

headlines

Rookie

#35 : June 24, 2008, 01:11:55 PM

1: My first buc game was in the superbowl run year in 02 against atlanta it was my first nfl game I rememeber the week leading up to it when all the media was drooling over vick and how he was superman it was great watching our D crush him also great moment was Alstotts td was in my endzone
2:Ray Jay

3:no but would like to ,almomst went last year to a atlanta game

4:I would have to say my most memorable was my first against atlanta I was completely aww struck

#36 : June 24, 2008, 01:38:40 PM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?  Details......  2006 ATL VS TB. Don't remember the exact score, but ATL scored 0.

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?  Ray Jay.  23 Years in the Navy Overseas kept me from attending games.

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  Locations?  Not yet.   Going to Ford Field with a die hard Lions fan this season.

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Why?  The first - sister bought me a ticket for my Birthday, and the Bucs dominated the Falcons. 

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 24, 2008, 02:07:18 PM

I've been to a few road games -- mostly in this area. Been to see them in Chicago a couple of times, Minneapolis and St. Louis. I'm probably one of the few that got to see them play in the former County Stadium in Milwaukee. The Packers used to play two games a year in Milwaukee for the season ticket holders there. That was pretty weird seeing how they laid out the field and stuff, plus both teams had to stand on the same sideline. Worst part about that game was we sat in the family section! No beer for us, had to walk down to the concourse to drink.

Watchman

Starter

#38 : June 24, 2008, 02:07:55 PM

In the interest of finding some "light" reflective discussion during this quiet time before TC, I've got a few game questions for you all.

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended? Details......

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road? Locations?

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable? Why?

1. First game was Dec. 1993 Bucs vs. Chargers.  I believe the Chargers won.
2. First game was at the Sombrero - I've never been to Ray Jay.
3. Never traveled to see a Bucs game.
4. I haven't been to a game in a long, long time since I moved out West.  The most memorable game I attended was the TB/GB game in late 1994.  Favre and Sterling Sharpe carved the Bucs up good.  We had endzone seats and saw Sharpe catch two TDs right in front of us.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 24, 2008, 02:33:40 PM

Does it count if you were still in the womb?

Well considering the vantage point you had at the time, your details might be a little sketchy but sure why not.   :)

Turn the page.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 24, 2008, 02:45:02 PM

oh man I can't believe I just laughed at that.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#41 : June 24, 2008, 03:14:26 PM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?  Details......

*The first Bucs game I attended was in 1987. It was a road game against the New Orleans Saints. I went to the game with my family who are all saints fans. I was around 13 at the time and my brother and I got in a fight on the way to the dome. He had a Saints shirt on and i wasnt rooting for them.  I bought a orange pennant and waved it in my brothers face the whole game. ( I still have it today). The game ended up being a shoot out but the saints won.

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?

*The first home Bucs game i attended (if you want to call it a home game) was in 1993 against the Chicago Bears in the Big Sombrero.  Bucs ended up winning the game 13-10 on a 4th down stop at the goalline.

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  Locations?

*Saints (probably 10 times),  Falcons (5 times),  Dolphins (2), Oilers, Texans, Titans,
 Carolina (2), Cowboys, Jags(2), Vikings and Redskins. 

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Why?

* I have a few. Some were good and some were bad.   In 1992; I saw the Bucs and saints play and we sat infront of the Buccaneers Booster Club.  They were pretty much all older people. The president of the club got my address and sent me a orange bumper sticker and also bought me a subscription the something called the Buccaneer Magazine which is now the Pewter Report. 

* The other 2 games are probably the opening game of the RJS  against the Bears. Bucs came out flat and  were getting beat badly in the first half but came back to win the game. That was the game Dave Moore  had the one handed catch and touchdown. The game in 1997 against Miami on Sunday Night Football will always be a game i will remember also.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 24, 2008, 03:24:13 PM

I attended the very first game the Bucs ever played at Tampa Stadium. Initial Season ticket holder. Also went to all the pre season classics before the Bucs actually became a franchise..   

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 24, 2008, 03:40:30 PM

Platano, I was at that Atlanta game too. When D. Brooks absolutely laid out Vick on a tackle early in the game, Vick didn't move and all of a sudden the loud-mouth falcons fans around us were very, very quiet. Then this Buc fan behind us yells "When he wakes up, tell him he's in Tampa!" The whole section just busted up laughing. The falcons fans were gone by the third quarter after that butt-kicking that day!

CHEAHLE

Starter
#44 : June 24, 2008, 06:32:37 PM

I live in New Jersey.
I've never been to the Ole' Sombrero or Ray Jay.
My first Bucs game was Tampa Bay at the New York Jets in 1997.  We were shut out 31-0.
I have also seen them play in Philadelphia.
That would be my most memorable...it was the 2000 wild card game and they got destroyed 21-3.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools