Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#75 : June 29, 2008, 11:24:22 AM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended?  Details......

I live up in CT and im also pretty young. The first game I went to was Bucs vs. Jets in the 05 season. The bucs lost.

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?

The 07 home opener in Ray Jay.

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road?  Locations?

Vs. Jets and vs. Giants at Giants Stadium.

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable?  Why?

Considering that I have only been to 3, and the 2 in New York the Bucs lost, the home opener againts the Saints was by far the most memorable. I had front row seats at the 25 yard line, and I saw Galloway's 2 TD's come right on my side of the field. It was an awsome game.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#76 : June 29, 2008, 11:34:51 AM

"4th & 1 P46 Williams pass incomplete, intended for Giles - didn't realise it was 4th down. "

The Browns game where he didn't realize it was 4th down, Williams actually spiked the ball directly into the dirt on 4th down.    I really can't remember the end of the Steelers game.   It may have been an incomplete pass to Giles.    But the infamous game where Williams didn't know it was 4th down was against the Browns that same year.  

Maybe Doug forgot it was 4th down 2 games that year?   LOL!

Both of those games were winnable.   It wasn't as bad a year as some people make it out to be.   The Bucs had a tough schedule that season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : June 29, 2008, 11:49:37 AM

You know what's sad?    I attended all those games in 1980.  Yet, the only play I can remember from the entire season was Williams spiking that ball on 4th down. 

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#78 : June 29, 2008, 08:23:31 PM

Java, I don't remember it being spiked against the Steelers, only that he essentially threw it away, and was surprised that it was a turnover on downs.  As I said, I was 11, so details are fuzzy.

rook01

Starter

#79 : June 29, 2008, 09:31:40 PM

Buccaneers vs the Browns in 1989. Vinny Testaverde threw 5 TD passes. Unfortunately three were to the Bucs and two went to the Browns in a span of 20 seconds in the second quarter. Bucs lose 42-31 in week 9. I also put up with a group of Dawg pound fans.

First game in the new stadium was a 28-25 loss to the Detroit Lions in 1998. I did not see my first win there until the Bucs 14-13 playoff win. In 2001, I became a season ticket holder. Even though I lived 2 1/2 hours from the stadium, I am there almost every home game. in 2002, I sold my regular season ticket to purchase a discount club seat ticket. Frankly my regular season ticket is a better view of the game but it did come in handy when the heat was on.

The home playoff game was great but the fans actually got bored in the second half because it was a blow out. Most exciting game I saw in person was the 27-24 win against the Falcons in OT.  Only the 36-35 win over the Redskins was close to the same excitement as that game.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#80 : July 03, 2008, 08:34:33 PM

First game was at the Sombrero.  It was as I recall 1987, maybe '88.  Bucs were shutout until the 4th quarter, Vinny Testaverde threw a toucdown to tie the score.  Bucs win the coin flip going in to overtime and I guess since both teams had struggled offensively, Ray Perkins decides to kick off rather than receive!  Sure enough, New England moves the ball down the field to about the 25 or 30, kicks a field goal - game over.

Most memorable?  There's two.  1A was the MNF game against the Rams in 2000.  Tory Holt running away from John Lynch for a long touchdown late, people headed towards the exits, 4th down and less than 90 seconds to go.  Warrick Dunn about to be tackled, laterals back to Shaun King, who somehow runs for a first down.  A few plays later the Bucs score and win to clinch a playoff spot.

1B was the previous season when the Bucs beat the Redskins 14-13 in the playoffs.  The Bucs were getting nothing done, losing 13-0, picked up a couple of turnovers, Alstott converted a 4th and one when a FG would do no good, and the game ended when the Redskins had a bad snap on a long field goal attempt.

abucsfan

Starter

#81 : July 04, 2008, 07:01:48 PM

1. Bears @ Tampa - 1978 I just moved to Clearwater and met a nice chick who had two tickets.  I was thinking that they couldn't be as good as my Giants.  Wow good defense.  I saw a young Doug Williams play.  Bucs won, can't recall the score.

2. That game was played at the Sombrero, of course.  Kind of neat sitting in the sun instead of the snow as I was used to.

3. Had a business trip to Detroit in 1990 and a vendor gave me some tickets to the Silverdome.  Bucs won in the 4th Qtr and I remembered zippering my jacket so my "colors" were hidden so I could get out alive.  LOL Very passionate fans those Lions fans were back then.

4. I think the 2002 playoff game with the 49rs was my most memorable because it put us in the NFC Championship game against the Eagles.  Now that game was my all time favorite game even if I watched it from home.

rpp224

Starter

#82 : July 06, 2008, 02:00:13 AM

1) Do you remember the first Bucs game you attended? Details......

My first game ever was at the Old Sombrero against the Falcons (I think Deion was on that team then) in the early 90's. It was very hot during that game and we had lost pretty badly as well.

2) Was your first game at the sombrero or Ray Jay?

My first game at Ray Jay was against the Steelers. It rained a lot during that game and we had won that one by a 2 Td+ margin.

3) Have you ever traveled to see the Bucs play on the road? Locations?

I have never had the oppurtunity to travel for a Bucs game, but hope to go to Atlanta or New Orleans one day to see them play.

4) Of all the games you attended, which was your most memorable? Why?

One game was the NFC Divisional Playoff during the Superbowl run against the 49ers because of the atmosphere that was created by the fans during that game along with the pounding the Bucs had laid on the Niners.

Another game was the first home game after 9/11 against Green Bay. Seeing all the fans come together after such a horrific tragedy to enjoy a football game was another experience I'll never forget.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#83 : October 14, 2009, 09:48:29 PM

bump

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#84 : October 14, 2009, 11:55:45 PM

Haha, thanks for bumping this, Java.

It's funny how Chev suggested that I see the Bucs play the Falcons in order to see my first win...and that's exactly what I did!  BTW, my record is now 1-11.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#85 : October 15, 2009, 12:56:48 AM

1- My first game was sometimes in the early 80's, pre-season.  My first regular season game was the Bucs vs Lions Steve Hipple vs Steve Young

2- Sombrero

3- I grew up in Orlando and have been away from Florida for sometime now.  I have been to see the Bucs in Indy, Chicago x2, Atlanta x3.  Living in Chicago now, I can not wait for an excuse to go to Green Bay.

4- All the wins.  Probably the best game was when the Bucs beat the Bears in OT last year (and it was still warm in Chicago).  It was a great game. 

One more thing, my most memorable Buc experience is attending the Brantley & Cotney football camp when I was 12.  I got to meet and be coached by Lee Roy Selmon for a day.  Pretty awesome.  I met Jimmy Giles, James Wilder, Brantley, Contey, House, Green, and some of the other great Bucs that most people do not remember. 

4-
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Buc Game you attended « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools