Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What band is at the SB this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

thanson

Starter

#30 : June 24, 2008, 01:05:22 PM

Larry Brackins! He will not only be able to flip burgers, but make fries...at the same time!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 24, 2008, 01:40:15 PM

Gwen Stefani, Garbage, and the **CENSORED**cat Dolls.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 24, 2008, 05:33:03 PM

Miley Cyrus of course

If we were only so lucky
Lucky? She's Britney Spears without the drugs... yet!

Speaking of Britney Spears... who's in for a Spears comeback in February? ahahaha

What makes her Britney Spears without the drugs? The fact they both happen to be female?

No doubt they both are sub par musicians but I see no similarity, lol.
Sub par, overhyped blond female musicians, with ego issues...

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#33 : June 24, 2008, 05:36:26 PM

I heard on ESPN its going to be Coolio and Hanson doing a rock/rap thing,

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#34 : June 24, 2008, 05:39:22 PM

LMFAO COOLIO.......

Tampa must be a Gangsters Paradise......

and when the words Hanson are said I just think of that Family Guy skit with Quagmire and the Guys on the boat talking about women they would have sex with.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 24, 2008, 08:21:22 PM

LMFAO COOLIO.......

Tampa must be a Gangsters Paradise......

That, or a Fantastic Voyage...

MadMac0629

Starter
#36 : June 24, 2008, 08:34:28 PM

Vanilla Ice?

I drank WHAT?! -- last words of Socrates

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#37 : June 24, 2008, 08:45:42 PM

not Aerosmith, that would break all NFL Superbowl Halftime performance rules. They have had a hit in the past 15 years so the are automatically eliminated from contention. Think real hard, we have to think of some obscure artist that fizzled out by the early 90s. That way they are too old to curse and show skin and all of the PR folks will be happy.

Regardless of who it is, the worst part of the show is the hundreds of screaming idiots that they send out to surround the stage and wave their hands in the air, jump up and down in convulsions, and wave top the camera on their cell phones. All for someone they are too young to even know.

#38 : June 24, 2008, 08:46:31 PM

Ozzy or Kiss. That be awesome.

This makes sense! But isn't "safe" enough for broadcast.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 24, 2008, 09:44:23 PM

not Aerosmith, that would break all NFL Superbowl Halftime performance rules.

Aerosmith already had their shot.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#40 : June 24, 2008, 10:44:01 PM

Someone:

A) Known
B) Not way past their prime
C) Doesn't suck at music
D) Great live

The obvious choice, and sadly one of few that meets these requirements, is the Foo Fighters.

MadMac0629

Starter
#41 : June 25, 2008, 12:38:15 AM

not Aerosmith, that would break all NFL Superbowl Halftime performance rules. They have had a hit in the past 15 years so the are automatically eliminated from contention. Think real hard, we have to think of some obscure artist that fizzled out by the early 90s.
That didn't stop Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, and Prince from having halftime shows recently.

Face it, after the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake halftime show fiasco (and terrible music), the Super Bowl trend seems to go with real bands with real talent that transcends the teen market.  I think Aerosmith falls in line with this new thinking.

I drank WHAT?! -- last words of Socrates

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 25, 2008, 10:43:00 AM

not Aerosmith, that would break all NFL Superbowl Halftime performance rules. They have had a hit in the past 15 years so the are automatically eliminated from contention. Think real hard, we have to think of some obscure artist that fizzled out by the early 90s.
That didn't stop Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, and Prince from having halftime shows recently.

Face it, after the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake halftime show fiasco (and terrible music), the Super Bowl trend seems to go with real bands with real talent that transcends the teen market. I think Aerosmith falls in line with this new thinking.

Aerosmith was the halftime entertainment the last time the game was in Tampa. I seriously doubt that they'll be the choice a second time.

If one needs to recall....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2001/playoffs/news/2001/01/28/superbowl_halftimeshow_ap/

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 25, 2008, 10:49:26 AM

Britney Spears looked really hot during that show at the Super Bowl. Just look at her now. How the mighty have fallen.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 25, 2008, 10:10:21 PM

I heard on ESPN its going to be Coolio and Hanson doing a rock/rap thing,

That would be good if Coolio sang Mmmm bop with Hanson.    Then Coolio could sing Karma Chameleon with Boy George.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What band is at the SB this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools