Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs show interest in K. Jones « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 24, 2008, 08:06:47 AM

We all know that Gruden loves doing this. He loads up on one position he wants to improve and lets them fight it out in camp and pre-season.
That's an inaccurate statement. There is no fight at the QB position.

that you know of...

You must be accountable for your actions!

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#16 : June 24, 2008, 08:33:47 AM

Anyone remember that player where Kevin Jones ran right over Flip? He is a good back when he is healthy.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#17 : June 24, 2008, 09:22:18 AM

We all know that Gruden loves doing this. He loads up on one position he wants to improve and lets them fight it out in camp and pre-season.

that you know of...
....anyone with a clue knows the only way Luke gets a fair shot to win the job is if Jeff blows out a knee or elbow.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#18 : June 24, 2008, 09:30:15 AM

anyone with a clue knows the only way Luke gets a fair shot to win the job is if Jeff blows out a knee or elbow.

That doesn't mean that there is no fight at the position.  There might be a very legitimate and hotly contested battle for backup.  It is all pure speculation at this point, but certainly not out of the question.  And with Garcia's recent durability issues, that backup position is likely to result in 2-4 starts for whoever wins it.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#19 : June 24, 2008, 09:31:44 AM

Anyone remember that player where Kevin Jones ran right over Flip? He is a good back when he is healthy.

How could anyone forget! That was one helluva a run. I loved KJ coming out of VT, but he's had a history of injury.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 24, 2008, 09:40:26 AM

I say trade Grraham we will never be able to get more for him then we could get this year

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 24, 2008, 09:48:08 AM

With the reduced TC roster limits, we would almost have to release one of our current backs if we signed Jones. Who goes? Benett, Dunn, Graham, Boyd, Williams?  If anything, I would think Darby may come in as the 6th back just to spell others.  Doubt we sign Jones under current roster limits.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 24, 2008, 09:55:33 AM

M Bennett also fumbles like crazy

Once every 74 carries. Jones fumbled once every 76 carries. Pittman is (yuck) once every 60 carries. Ahman Green? Once every 69 carries.

LT: Once every 131 carries.

EG? He hasn't carried the ball as much as any of those guys, so the numbers may be a little skewed, but he's fumbled once in 274 carries.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 24, 2008, 10:03:55 AM

that you know of...
....anyone with a clue knows the only way Luke gets a fair shot to win the job is if Jeff blows out a knee or elbow.

sorry you feel that way...

You must be accountable for your actions!

obuc

Starter

#24 : June 24, 2008, 10:20:29 AM

my opinion is Graham is our running back, or should be. Even if Caddy is healthy. Graham runs better inside and can play full back with Dunn in the game so either could get the ball at any time.

Graham has an almost perfect build for running and you usually cant bring him down with the first guy. Our line is being built for a runner like him who can tire defenses down. Teams tend to play the guy with the big contract because they feel obligated but Graham really is the one that should be played and he should be making more.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Graham

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 24, 2008, 10:28:39 AM

Doesn't bode well for Graham IMHO.  He'd better have his act together in TC and have learned all the new pkgs.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 24, 2008, 10:34:54 AM

Maybe the team is not sold on Bennett and the return of Carnell Williams is not as close as Gruden or Williams has been letting on?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 24, 2008, 10:39:40 AM

Maybe the team is not sold on Bennett and the return of Carnell Williams is not as close as Gruden or Williams has been letting on?

I believe that Williams is closer to being able to return than many would believe based on his injury. However, I also believe that Coach Gruden is probably being very cautious and plans NOT to have him come back too quickly. I think if the season started three months later than it does, Cadillac would be in the lineup. So it seems like it may be a touch-and-go situation with his readiness and because of that, he may not be on the active roster come opening day.

If the recovery of Williams is in a "gray area" come decision time, I have little doubt that Coach Gruden will take the conservative route.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#28 : June 24, 2008, 12:34:57 PM

I doubt Kevin Jones will come cheap.  From the comments he has made in the off-season he considers himself to be an elite back that just happened to have a bad luck injury.  And in spite of the fact that he won't be ready for the beginning of training camp, he reportedly has ten teams interested in him.  Jones is holding his own scout day for teams on the 28th, which leads me to believe he will be trying to create a bidding war for his services - even though their is a good chance he won't be available, or will be very limited, for the first half of the season - and has only rushed for more than 700 yards once in four years.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 24, 2008, 12:50:24 PM

I really do not see why we are looking at Kevin Jones. Either Caddy's rehab isn't going well, but that would totally contradict every report I've read so far, or Graham's contract has become a real problem for the Front Office. But that also seems unlikely seeing as Graham himself said a few days ago that "it's gonna get done", a notion that Allen reinforced.

I'm a little miffed about this, but they haven't even signed him so its probably one of those "much ado about nothing" situations.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs show interest in K. Jones « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools