Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs show interest in K. Jones « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

thanson

Starter

#30 : June 24, 2008, 01:10:59 PM

He is no good

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 24, 2008, 01:13:58 PM

Sign him up so he can't truck Phillips again.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#32 : June 24, 2008, 03:53:47 PM

I'm a little miffed about this, but they haven't even signed him so its probably one of those "much ado about nothing" situations.

And there we have all you need to know about the Bucs' interest in Kevin Jones all wrapped up in one simple sentence.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 24, 2008, 04:52:07 PM

Somebody wants Sabby to start at SS this year.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#34 : June 24, 2008, 05:45:07 PM

the bucs show interest in everybody remember.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 24, 2008, 06:50:18 PM

I'm a little miffed about this, but they haven't even signed him so its probably one of those "much ado about nothing" situations.

And there we have all you need to know about the Bucs' interest in Kevin Jones all wrapped up in one simple sentence.

I suppose I'll take that as a compliment.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#36 : June 24, 2008, 08:41:12 PM

Forget K. Jones, lets sign Shawn Alexander, Corey Dillon, AND Cedric Benson.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 24, 2008, 09:50:31 PM

We all know that Gruden loves doing this. He loads up on one position he wants to improve and lets them fight it out in camp and pre-season.
That's an inaccurate statement. There is no fight at the QB position.

that you know of...
....anyone with a clue knows the only way Luke gets a fair shot to win the job is if Jeff blows out a knee or elbow.
...anyone with a clue knows the Coach has to take the player who gives the team the best chance to win - and if it is shown to be McCown or Griese - well Gruden is not dumb.  Not a people kinda guy perhaps, but dumb - nope - no sale J

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#38 : June 26, 2008, 11:44:00 PM

Why the potential interest in Jones? One word, injuries.  First Caddy, then Pitt, leaving Graham and the signing of Bennett.  Not saying that the injury bug hits the RB position hard again, but then again, being prepared in case something does happen is not such a bad idea. 

W.Dunn
C.Boyd
E.Graham
C.Williams
M.Bennett
*K.Jones*

Of that current crop, I could see Boyd (unless he shows amazing progress in camp and in the preseason) being put on the practice squad.  Williams may just as easily be put on IR to rehab for competing next year.  That would leave you with Dunn/Graham/Bennett.  That is workable, but say two of those guys go down, then adding Jones into the mix could help, as he currently would have a leg up on Boyd based on experience.

IMO, I think that RB, while has Dunn as a proven vet, and Graham in place to continue his success, is still got some uncertainty there.  Especially since there isn't exactly the pool of youth in the backfield right now, but we can make do with it for now.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 27, 2008, 12:08:46 PM

Why the potential interest in Jones? One word, injuries. First Caddy, then Pitt, leaving Graham and the signing of Bennett. Not saying that the injury bug hits the RB position hard again, but then again, being prepared in case something does happen is not such a bad idea.

W.Dunn
C.Boyd
E.Graham
C.Williams
M.Bennett
*K.Jones*

Of that current crop, I could see Boyd (unless he shows amazing progress in camp and in the preseason) being put on the practice squad. Williams may just as easily be put on IR to rehab for competing next year. That would leave you with Dunn/Graham/Bennett. That is workable, but say two of those guys go down, then adding Jones into the mix could help, as he currently would have a leg up on Boyd based on experience.

IMO, I think that RB, while has Dunn as a proven vet, and Graham in place to continue his success, is still got some uncertainty there. Especially since there isn't exactly the pool of youth in the backfield right now, but we can make do with it for now.

Travis Henry, due to is familiarity with the WCO, would be signed before KJ, IMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 27, 2008, 01:49:17 PM

Somebody wants Sabby to start at SS this year.
I don't.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs show interest in K. Jones « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools