Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call of Duty 5: World at War « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Watchman

Starter

#15 : June 23, 2008, 06:14:13 PM

got some clarification from my friend...

COD 1 was made on the PC by infin...

then COD 1 was made on console by the japaenese company.. and he said it wasnt that good..

COD 2 was made by infin.. he said it was awesome..

COD 3 was amde by japanese.. and he said nothin really was added.. it wasnt good.

COD 4 is awesome and was made by infin...

COD 5 is being released and being made by the japanese... he said hes going to be skeptical about it... because of the track record the company has. he will tell me if it is god.. and i will get it if it is good.. COD 6 is supposed to be made by infin..

I love Call of Duty, but unless the games is made by Infinity Ward stay away from it. 

I always thought Infinity Ward should do a version for Nam, there would be some great environments to play in.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 24, 2008, 01:11:20 AM

At least I will rent it first.

I liked COD4, but I was never any good at it.  My buddies were friggin' hawks, but me...

Not so much.  BUt it was fun anyway.

Sad to hear it get such poor pre-reviews.  I am partial to WWII genre games, FWIW. 

Are there going to be driveable vehicles?  Environmental damage?

Those things would hook me in as a gamer.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#17 : June 24, 2008, 01:34:15 AM

Boid I normally would agree with you but I grew up with WW2 games with the first Medal of Honor and the original Call of Duty......It just gets tired......Gamers are tired of playing the same old missions in WW2. They are going to just start making some up or something. I rather would play WW1 style game then WW2 anymore. It just really has gotten old and we need to focus on atleast Vietnam era. Not too many of those games out there.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 24, 2008, 01:39:39 AM

Boid I normally would agree with you but I grew up with WW2 games with the first Medal of Honor and the original Call of Duty......It just gets tired......Gamers are tired of playing the same old missions in WW2. They are going to just start making some up or something. I rather would play WW1 style game then WW2 anymore. It just really has gotten old and we need to focus on atleast Vietnam era. Not too many of those games out there.
B40, I played Battlefield Vietnam for the PC, and the game was average at my kindest.  Buit if you could fly those choppers, you were head and shoulders better than anyone else.  I never could get the hang of it...but then again, I would not sit and play the game for weeks on end, for hours upon hours either...

I agree though, having a Vietnam Era game would be cool.  Or maybe a not so far in the future-type shooter, sans the lasers and crap.  I dunno...how much of a point and shoot game can we NOT get sick of...

I think the MOH game was nice, the OG COD's were fun to play single player, and online.  I would like to see what the programmers have in store for us...

Like I said, some environmental damage factors would be nice, like a C4 kit toppling buldings or collapsing tunnels during online, some driveable tanks and fighters...who knows.

But I will definitely rent first.  I did with Assasins Creed, and despised the game.

I miss Dalbuc.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#19 : June 24, 2008, 01:52:24 AM

I played Battlefield Vietnam as well, I thought it was a very fun game online. You are absolutely right, if you could master the fighter jets and helicopters you were king of the game. It didnt take me long before I mastered how to fly them all and it was a fun game. However, I just cant see this game to be much fun. Its seriously looks exactly like Medal of Honor: Pacific Assualt  and that game was ok at best. I much rather play as a Navy SEAL nowadays rather then the old school same old GI in WW2. I would like to play as a German or Japanese soldier however if they were to EVER market that side. Otherwise, I really really would rather play Futurisitic warfare or atleast a war post nuclear war or something that would be considered original. Same old WW2 games really dont sell anymore. Its obvious. BF2142 was a failed attempt but atleast it provided room for something that could be developed on.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call of Duty 5: World at War « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools