Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YR's 2008 NFL Team Previews: YOUR Tampa Bay Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 27, 2008, 11:22:56 AM

"The next step is to find a franchise Quarterback of the future. YR�S PREDICTION 2008 RECORD: 7-9"

These last 2 statements say 1 thing. START McCOWN!

imo that's why we'll be 7-9 because there's no way Garcia makes it through the entire season. Even if we did start McCown we'd probably have trouble winning 7 games.

Personally, I'd rather be 5-11 and see what we have in McCown (if we even do that bad), than be 9-7 with Garcia.  If McCown blows that bad, then we'll have a Top 7 pick to get a franchise QB, if he shows promise, we know we have a guy who could be our franchise QB.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 27, 2008, 11:49:54 AM

Why is a preview for this season using a pic from 2005?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 28, 2008, 10:50:38 AM

Hmmm - no - I think it is just a little shabby - bc at the end "YR’S PREDICTION 2008 RECORD: 7-9 " it kinda tells you it is a '08 evaluation - but I could be wrong ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 28, 2008, 12:34:30 PM

However, the Bucs have been plagued with mediocre offensive lines since the Tony Dungy era as well. It was something that really irked Gruden, a former O-Line coach who developed good offensive lines where he’s gone. It finally appears that the Bucs are on pace to develop that good offensive line that they’ve been looking for.
I'd argue Dungy had pretty good offensive line play for most of his tenure. Gruber, Middleton, Mayberry, McDaniel, Christy and co. were good players. The Bucs rushing offense was ranked #11 in 1997, #4 in 1998, #15 in 1999, and #9 in 2000. But just about all those guys were gone by 2001 and replacements like Walker and Colemen flopped and the unit sucked from then on.

The rest of your analysis is solid.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Plank

Starter

#19 : June 28, 2008, 02:58:58 PM

In his analysis of True he mentioned what he lacks in pass pro, but he left out what he brings to the table as a run blocker. He does get punked by speed rushers sometimes, but the RBs don't hesitate to run behind him.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YR's 2008 NFL Team Previews: YOUR Tampa Bay Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools