Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs ranked 6th worse in the league in offense plays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: June 24, 2008, 06:50:22 PM

When you consider the Bucs were ranked 6th worse in total offense plays, it tends to suggest that the team needs to do a better job converting 3rd downs into first downs.  they averaged just under 61 offensive plays last year per game about 8 fewer plays per game then average, you wonder if the team was able to covert half of those into first downs how efficient the offense would have been

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : June 24, 2008, 07:27:46 PM

When you consider the Bucs were ranked 6th worse in total offense plays, it tends to suggest that the team needs to do a better job converting 3rd downs into first downs.  they averaged just under 61 offensive plays last year per game about 8 fewer plays per game then average, you wonder if the team was able to covert half of those into first downs how efficient the offense would have been
Or go out and hire an offensive genius to be the head co......oh wait, never mind.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : June 24, 2008, 07:30:12 PM

The defense was just as much at fault as the offense. The offense was average in 3rd down %, 38%. The defense was below average at 41%. People blame the pass rush, but the real reasons were
 A. Lack of press coverage on 3rd down, giving the QB and WRs perfect timing. The ball was consistently coming out on the 3rd or 5th step for a quick curl or slant and a 1st down. The pass rush never had a chance to get to the QB.
B. Kiffin telegraphing his blitzes. About half the time he bluffs the blitz and the LBs drop back into coverage. But when they didn't bluff it was pretty much a free first down because the entire offense had already adjusted their routes and protection to beat the blitz. If he stops showing the blitz the holes in protection will open up and the QB, RBs, FBs, TEs and WRs will still be running the called play and thats when you'll see those vicious hits on the QB. Right now Kiffin's blitz philosophy is just peeing in the wind.

#3 : June 24, 2008, 07:50:41 PM

Or go out and hire an offensive genius to be the head co......oh wait, never mind.

Gotta love it!!!    ;D ;D ;D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 24, 2008, 08:03:22 PM

Gotta love it!!! ;D ;D ;D

I would love it if it weren't so damned sad and depressing.   [banghead]

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#5 : June 24, 2008, 08:05:11 PM

Come on now, were BUCS fans.....We couldnt handle having an offense that was average/above average/excellent. Thats just not the Tampa Bay Way. I for one, am happy with the subpar offensive might that we have going on. You get so used to being happy to just getting a first down it really gets you happy when we score a field goal....We go BESERK for a touchdown. I mean seriously, who wants an offense that can score just like that?!?!?

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 24, 2008, 08:06:54 PM

I mean seriously, who wants an offense that can score just like that?!?!?

The Glazers

Jon Gruden

Me and Hate

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#7 : June 24, 2008, 08:08:54 PM

.....sarcasm mjs......

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 24, 2008, 08:09:11 PM

That wasn't because they scored so fast eh?  Or that they had a short field? Or that the D couldn't get off the field?   crap. Wait, six total plays less then the average?  So about ten percent fewer offensive plays?  Maybe the game was short because they ran a lot...

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 24, 2008, 08:12:26 PM

Hey, at least there's plenty of room for improvement..   :)

...yet again   :(

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#10 : June 24, 2008, 08:16:19 PM

I for one am always up for marginal improvement....but not too much......too much improvement in a single season might caught me to have a heart attack. Its just too much Gru...too much...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 24, 2008, 08:20:08 PM

Maybe the game was short because they ran a lot...

More likely because they didn't run enough

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 24, 2008, 08:20:16 PM

Gotta love it!!!    ;D ;D ;D

I do I do I do !!!

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 24, 2008, 09:50:37 PM

Maybe the game was short because they ran a lot...

More likely because they didn't run enough

Bucs were 11th in the NFL in rushing attempts last season...2 from 9th.

The Bucs were 25th in passing attempts last season.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 24, 2008, 09:55:16 PM

Gotta love it!!! ;D ;D ;D

I would love it if it weren't so damned sad and depressing. [banghead]

Damnit - just did a quick check for kleenex for the tears... sorry fresh out...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs ranked 6th worse in the league in offense plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools