Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STATISTICS MY FRIENDS!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : October 09, 2006, 08:54:27 PM

What you need to ask yourself is who out there is going to do a better job.

We have spent a lot of time, money, and draft picks to get a team together to run Gruden's offense. It is going to start paying dividends here really quickly as we have a QB who can run it, WRs who are compatible with it, a pass catching TE, and a solid RB. We need to throw an OL together which we have always needed but after that we have his offense ready to roll.

Our problem now is on defense, so why fire your offensive minded coach? We basically have two head coaches here...Kiffin and Gruden. Kiffin is the one I put on the hot seat right now becuase he needs to get his defense together. He doesn't get a free pass here but to people like you he is infallible.

After this game it is the defense who needs to be retooled and that isn't Gruden's forte.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 09, 2006, 09:15:15 PM

Gruden is the head coach option, plain and simple.  I have been waiting for his offense to get going since he got here, but it just sputters.  i like every other Buc fan would love for the guy to get it together and win, but when?  I called for Dungy's head when he couldn't get over the hump with the defense he had.  I still feel as if Gruden had been her in 1998, we would be talking at least two Superbowl titles.  But he wasn't here then, but he is here now.  And now is pretty ugly at 0-4.  I'm sure there are many teams that asked that same question; Dolphins, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, and on, and on. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 09, 2006, 09:28:46 PM

Hard to find a job in Bainbridge?  Click.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#18 : October 09, 2006, 09:39:46 PM

you keep calling for Gru's head, yet provide no real replacements

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 09, 2006, 11:44:29 PM

Gruden is the head coach option, plain and simple. I have been waiting for his offense to get going since he got here, but it just sputters. i like every other Buc fan would love for the guy to get it together and win, but when? I called for Dungy's head when he couldn't get over the hump with the defense he had. I still feel as if Gruden had been her in 1998, we would be talking at least two Superbowl titles. But he wasn't here then, but he is here now. And now is pretty ugly at 0-4. I'm sure there are many teams that asked that same question; Dolphins, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, and on, and on.
And if you look at Cowhers records he had a few up years and a few off years taking 1-2 seasons each time to revamp. Coweher also didn't come into a cash strapped situation and losing 9 high draft picks in 4 years. He had the tools to rebuild Gruden has not. And still he has managed to be competetive even in the losses. If you really want to compare a situation with a franchise look no farther than San Fran-- they had the similar situation of mortgaging to get the SB for three years. Difference is they got a couple in their 4 year mortgage-- we got 1.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : October 09, 2006, 11:52:21 PM

you keep calling for Gru's head, yet provide no real replacements
OMG, don't get him started on some wacky list of candidates!!

coopsxx

Starter
#21 : October 10, 2006, 12:04:39 AM

u gruden bashers were awfull quiet last year
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STATISTICS MY FRIENDS!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools