Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 50 NFL Players by CBS ....not 1 Buc made it. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

tonyflash

Starter

#15 : June 26, 2008, 04:28:07 PM

Teams win championships, not the top players. How many Rays were on the CBS top player list when the baseball season started?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 26, 2008, 04:42:12 PM

Here's how the position rankings break down. Offensive tackle is definitely under-represented.

QB
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Drew Brees

RB
1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Steven Jackson
5. Fred Taylor

WR
1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Steve Smith
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Andre Johnson
6. Chad Johnson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
8. Braylon Edwards
9. Wes Welker

TE
1. Antonio Gates
2. Kellen Winslow
3. Tony Gonzalez

OT
1. Walter Jones
2. Jason Peters

OG
1. Steve Hutchinson
2. Shawn Andrews

DE
1. Mario Williams
2. Jared Allen
3. Dwight Freeney
4. Richard Seymour
5. Osi Umenyiora
6. Aaron Kampman

DT
1. Kevin Williams
2. Albert Haynesworth
3. Tommie Harris
4. Vince Wilfork

3-4 OLB
1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Shawne Merriman

4-3 LB
1. Brian Urlacher
2. Ernie Sims
3. Lofa Tatupu
4. Patrick Willis

S
1. Bob Sanders
2. Ed Reed

CB
1. Champ Bailey
2. Charles Woodson
3. Nnamdi Asomugha
4. Asante Samuel
5. Marcus Trufant

KR
1. Devin Hester

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 26, 2008, 04:43:17 PM

Teams win championships, not the top players. How many Rays were on the CBS top player list when the baseball season started?
When the Bucs won the Super Bowl, they had 6 players who could be considered top 5 at their positions.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 26, 2008, 05:00:07 PM

When the Bucs won the Super Bowl, they had 6 players who could be considered top 5 at their positions.

Very valid point

Ronde, Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, Rice. 

Ok, I see 5, who am I missing that you are counting?  It's no one on offense, that's for sure.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 26, 2008, 05:03:45 PM

Brian Kelly, dude was an absolute beast that year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 26, 2008, 05:07:47 PM

Very valid point

Ronde, Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, Rice.

Ok, I see 5, who am I missing that you are counting? It's no one on offense, that's for sure.
I was inlcuding Key. It may be vogue to not think of him as that great now, but by the 2002 season he had made 3 of the previous 4 pro bowls and was also the highest paid receiver in the league.

#21 : June 26, 2008, 09:02:02 PM

STEPHEN JACKSON,MARIO WILLIAMS, AND CARSON PALMER MAKE IT OVER RONDE OR DERRICK BROOKS?!?!?! Lol.....

At this point in their careers, I'm taking either of those three over Ronde and Brooks and anyone not wearing pewter colored glass would feel the same.

Fitzgerald is the best receiver in the NFL no matter the criteria and not only is he not even in the top 25, he's like the 5th receiver on the list!   

The best WR in the NFL is T.O.

I agree for the most part with that analysis. I think Ben Roethlisberger is really over rated though.

Hopefully your football IQ will increase with your number of posts.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#22 : June 26, 2008, 10:22:16 PM

Very true ABuc, but Brooks is just as good as or better than Sims and Lofa.  For 1 year, no one is going to convince me that Sims or Lofa is a better choice... on the same page, sure, but not better.

Also, Welker better than Galloway... I'm afraid not.  Both Trufant and Ronder are better than Samuel.

You think Brooks is just as good as Tatupu right now? Insanity.....

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#23 : June 26, 2008, 10:34:01 PM

Barrett Ruud is just as good as Lofa Tatupu so Derrick Brooks is better then him imo.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : June 26, 2008, 10:36:05 PM

STEPHEN JACKSON,MARIO WILLIAMS, AND CARSON PALMER MAKE IT OVER RONDE OR DERRICK BROOKS?!?!?! Lol.....

That is when i know this article is a joke.....
When someone makes a statement like that, that's when you know they are a homer. This list was probably not based off of what Brooks did in 1999-2002, it's based off now. If you think Brooks is 1 of the top 50 still today on June 26th, 2008, than you need a dose of reality.

Very true ABuc, but Brooks is just as good as or better than Sims and Lofa.  For 1 year, no one is going to convince me that Sims or Lofa is a better choice... on the same page, sure, but not better.

Also, Welker better than Galloway... I'm afraid not.  Both Trufant and Ronder are better than Samuel.
Welker is better than Galloway. I'd trade straight up for Welker any day of the week. Galloway is so overrated by Buccs fans it kills me. 

Our O-line, BJ Askew, Tanard Jackson, Barrett Ruud, Gaines Adams are the only players on the team Buccs fans should be sticking their chest out about. Brooks and Barber are players we can boast about as being one of the best ever once they are retired. Other than that, our team is stocked with average to below average players.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#25 : June 26, 2008, 11:14:26 PM

Barrett Ruud is just as good as Lofa Tatupu so Derrick Brooks is better then him imo.

Ruud isn't yet, but am I the only one who doesn't have a time machine? Brooks is nowhere near as good as he used to be. Lofa is arguably the best 4-3 LB in the game today.

mennoman

Second String
#26 : June 26, 2008, 11:39:28 PM

The thing with the Bucs today is that we don't have many good players in their prime.  We've got some great players who are on the downward slope (Brooks, Barber), and we've got a number of up and coming players who could become great in another year or two (Gaines, some of the OL, Jackson, Ruud).  I do think Barber still deserved to make the top 50 at this point.  He was still great last year IMO.  Cato is in his prime, but he simply not been great.

tonyflash

Starter

#27 : June 27, 2008, 12:09:36 AM

The thread is titled "The Top 50 NFL Players by CBS". I don't think all six would make the top NFL 50 players for that season. Might want to keep in mind the players who came up big vs the Eagles and the Raiders. They were Jackson, Jurevicius, Pittman, Smith, & Spires. None in the top NFL 50. Is it not the team coming together at the right time that won a SB?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 27, 2008, 12:50:42 AM

Dungy has a ton of guys on that list!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 27, 2008, 01:01:32 AM

Why are yall trippin!!!  OMG!!!  No worries fella's, I got this.  When I go see Bruce (he needs a new mask) I'll print this out and just give it to him to post on the bulletin board...case closed...

You guys make everything so difficult...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 50 NFL Players by CBS ....not 1 Buc made it. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools