Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2008 Buccaneers Salary Cap « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: June 26, 2008, 05:43:47 PM

I have been working on an extensive salary cap information for the team, have most of the information for it, but still working on the dead money and a few other things. you can check it out by following link

2008 Buccaneers Salary Cap

The information has been cobbled together using data from various sources, including the NFLPA and USA Today as well as other sites. Of course the information is only as accurate as the people reporting it. They're certainly not 100% accurate, and in many cases aren't very complete. It  offers base salaries, signing bonuses, roster bonuses, and salary cap charges for each player

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

thanson

Starter

#1 : June 26, 2008, 05:52:29 PM

Nice post. Very interesting

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 26, 2008, 05:55:44 PM

Thanks hope to be able to be with in a few million one way or the other, but still working on dead money from the release of Chukwarch  and Spires as well as a few other things

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 26, 2008, 06:24:06 PM

Cap Hit              99,631,102
Dead Money   1,174,044
Total Cap Hit   100,805,146
Actual Cap   116,729,000
Adjusted Cap   130,035,634 This is based off of LTBE's that were not earned, which resulted in a rollover into the 2008 cap
Cap Room   29,230,488 Does not take into account the following, the cap hit for Simeon Rice's release after June 1st or the contracts of Marques Douglas, Dre Moore, Cory Boyd, Geno Hayes, Jerramy Stevens, Matt McCoy, Greg White, Donald Penn, Antiono Bryant or Charles Bennett which based off of my best guess would leave the team with around 19 and 21 million in available room before the rest of the rookies are signed

Oliver Goldsmith

kmitchell

Starter

#4 : June 26, 2008, 07:28:42 PM

that is a great report you put up, thanks for the link. Damn, I need to learn how to longsnap. $800,000 a year to snap a ball accurately then put up a block for a second and a half. not a bad deal.

Edit- It does seem kind of unfair that Dunn is making almost 5 times as much as Graham, and Graham is going to be carrying the majority of the hand offs. I don't blame Graham for being pissed..

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 26, 2008, 07:56:59 PM

I am sure it is based off of the history of production for Dunn over the career of his work compared to one season for Graham

Oliver Goldsmith

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 26, 2008, 08:38:20 PM

If it is anywhere close to being accurate, the great thing about that is the 1mill in dead money. THAT is good cap management. I wonder how much dead money the Falcons have!?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 27, 2008, 05:49:00 AM

If you look at the big ticket players, most are older and will only be around for another year or two. $30m under now, just think about when they come off the payroll. Garcia, Galloway, Dunn, Simms, Barber, Carter, June, etc. I know we have to retain our core players for the future but this is a very healthy team.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Agent Orange

Starter

#8 : June 27, 2008, 06:51:03 AM

Nice work! We have got to cut Clayton just off principle. There's no way he's worth over 3 million a year.

germanbuc

Second String

#9 : June 27, 2008, 11:59:58 AM

B. Griese, I might be completly wrong, but his signing bonus was paid by Chicago, and I thought Chicago has to eat the rest of the signing bonus, as this is not transfered to the Bucs, but he I might be wrong

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 27, 2008, 12:42:02 PM

that is a great report you put up, thanks for the link. Damn, I need to learn how to longsnap. $800,000 a year to snap a ball accurately then put up a block for a second and a half. not a bad deal.

Edit- It does seem kind of unfair that Dunn is making almost 5 times as much as Graham, and Graham is going to be carrying the majority of the hand offs. I don't blame Graham for being pissed..

Imo, IF Graham ever puts up over 1200+yrds he'll get paid more than Caddy. I'm thinking that If EG does do that this season, Caddy will be out of a job here when his contract expires. After seeing his signing bonus, it's pretty safe to say...he has not earned it.

And any snapper (besides the ones warming the bench) will tell you that job is TOUGH. When I played in RB in HS I watched those guys take more damage than anyone on the field, including myself. I told them, "you guys are so tough, I think YOU should be running the ball" lol. They get tagged on every other play, not to mention some of the nasty stuff ref's don't see. It has to be one of the lowest paid positions for the damage they take.

An also.. How come caddy, Faine, and Adams bonuses are soo high? Have prices gone that high, or was it done for "cap" reasons?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 27, 2008, 12:54:19 PM

Will Caddy, Adams were both top 5 overall picks so there total signing bonus money goes hand in hand with where they were picked as far as Faine he signed this off-season and is the highest paid center in the NFL. he has a voidable deal and it even includes some roster bonuses which brings his total guaranteed dollar amount up from the 12 million dollar signing bonus to more around 15 million

Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2008 Buccaneers Salary Cap « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools