Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: new theory « previous next »
Page: 1

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

« : December 17, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »

let rattay start next year while we develop troy smith or jemarcus russel for the future....

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #1 : December 17, 2006, 04:25:21 PM »

If Rattay can be (as much as I hate the phrase) a Vetern game manager, I'd be for it.  But if this front office wasn't ready to sign Simms long term after less than a season of starting, how will the bucs approach rolling with Rattay after 3 games?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 17, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »

Gruden doesn't have time to do that. He has to win next year or else he's gone. I mean a winning record and possibly a playoff contender.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #3 : December 17, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

Let's not get too far carried away with Rattay.  If he does ok the next 2 games then he can be the backup or possibly start the first several games if Quinn isn't ready.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 17, 2006, 06:17:36 PM »

IF, and it's a big IF, Rattay does well the next two games, then the need sign a Vet QB may not be needed. Rattay, McCown and the Rookie first rounder.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

#2Linebacker32

Starter

« #5 : December 17, 2006, 07:07:25 PM »

Quinn!!! Come one people we are not wasting a #1 on a QB this year. havent Ratty taught you anything about young QB's.  you dont need to go out and wast 30-50mil on a QB that is going to be sitting on your bench for two years. They wont play right away or you can season in another very bad season and i dont think Gruden wants to do that..

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #6 : December 17, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »

Leinart, Young, and Cutler are not sitting on the bench for two years and they are all progressing well.  QB's either have it or they don't and you can tell that pretty quick.  Progressing rookies will make mistakes but they will also make good plays.  The experience of Gradkowski has no bearing on how Quinn might do next year in Tampa.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #7 : December 17, 2006, 07:12:47 PM »

I think I've changed my mind; if anything, Rattay has shown me what a competent vet QB can do with Gruden's offense.  Sign Jeff Garcia, the guy continues to make good passes running a very similar offense.  Draft a QB to develop while you get another 1-2 years out of Garcia.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: new theory « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools