Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

jameswilder

Starter

: June 29, 2008, 04:00:38 PM

BUCS POISED TO EXTEND GRAHAM
Posted by Mike Florio on June 29, 2008, 3:53 p.m. EDT
Buccaneers running back Earnest Graham stayed away from voluntary workouts, presumably because he wanted a new contract.  More recently, Graham showed up unannounced to the team’s FanFest, and he proclaimed that he plans to be with the team beyond 2008.

It’s about to happen.

Per a league source, the Bucs are poised to sign Graham to a three-year, $10.5 million extension.  It put Graham under contract through 2011.

The deal is not yet finalized, but it is expected to be done soon.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 29, 2008, 04:03:41 PM

That's way too much money for him...Come on Bruce...I promise the bring the mask back!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 29, 2008, 04:10:06 PM

Surely, you jest?  Sounds VERY fair to me.  GREAT job by both sides, if true.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 29, 2008, 04:23:46 PM

Surely, you jest?  Sounds VERY fair to me.  GREAT job by both sides, if true.

No I don't jest yall think he's worth 3 mil a year after not even getting a 1000 yards?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#4 : June 29, 2008, 04:28:58 PM

Have to agree, that's a bit steep for him, especially when we can't be sure about how he'll do.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 29, 2008, 04:39:17 PM

Too much but it's over. Now Garcia & Simms to get taken care of (Simms traded for a low round pick).

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#6 : June 29, 2008, 04:40:29 PM

Too much but it's over. Now Garcia & Simms to get taken care of (Simms traded for a low round pick).

Over?  Has it been confirmed?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 29, 2008, 04:45:22 PM

Yeah but he definitely could have demanded alot more compared to what other starting and backup RB's make

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 29, 2008, 04:47:25 PM

Remember the source, people.  But even if it is true I agree that's way too much money for Mr. August after only one year.  I'll be very iffy on this one if it plays out.

micronole

Starter
#9 : June 29, 2008, 04:50:37 PM

These figures may be the maximum amount Graham can earn if he meets various incentives.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 29, 2008, 04:51:18 PM

Not sure he is worth three million a season, unless he got like a 3 million dollar signing bonus and it is back loaded in the third year, which would break the deal down like this.

2009 1 million prorated signing  bonus plus base of 1.5 cap hit 2.5
2010 1 million prorated signing bonus plus base of 1.75 cap hit 2.75
2011 1 million prorated signing bonus plus base of 4.25 cap hit 5.25 if cut team would save 4.25 million towards the cap being he will be between 33-34 years this seems to make sense to me.

The other funny thing is that Dunn is signed through 2009, Bennett is signed through 2010 and Williams is signed through 2009 and Graham is signed through 2011 if this deal is done.

So basically the team will be looking as early as next off season and the draft to find a replacement for both Dunn and Williams, with it being such a deep draft at running back this past season, not sure the team took the right approach considering the age of both Dunn and Bennett and with Williams injury the team should have drafted a RB this draft rather then waiting till next draft

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#11 : June 29, 2008, 04:51:57 PM

Remember the source, people.  But even if it is true I agree that's way too much money for Mr. August after only one year.  I'll be very iffy on this one if it plays out.

We need to see the details of the contract.  If it's backloaded that makes it a bit easier to swallow, but let's see the deal before we judge it....

luvabuc

Second String

#12 : June 29, 2008, 04:58:01 PM

Are you guys paying for it?? Should we look for running backs at Wal-Mart or K-Mart? I remember our wonderful coach saying he wanted to shop at Neiman Marcus. Geez, wakeup you freaking cheapskates!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 29, 2008, 05:02:36 PM

Are you guys paying for it?? Should we look for running backs at Wal-Mart or K-Mart? I remember our wonderful coach saying he wanted to shop at Neiman Marcus. Geez, wakeup you freaking cheapskates!

I shop at Wal-Mart for deals...I don't want to overpay for something that serves the same purpose.  Graham is not a superstar number one running back...he should not be paid as such.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 29, 2008, 05:03:25 PM

The problem with paying your running backs each around 3-4 million a season in Dunn, Graham, Williams and Bennett 1 million, then you have askew making around 2 million is the team will have 12- 15 million a season for the next 2-3 years and doesnt even have a probowler or even LT or Peterson type or to break it down even further if the cap is set at 116 million the team is paying 5 players a total of 8% of there cap room. which may not sound like much. but when you factor in the other 16% of cap room the team seems un willing to spend as of late you have a quarter of the cap room going towards the RB or not being spent at all

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools