Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#120 : June 30, 2008, 01:38:13 AM

I don't get the animosity either.  But that is an opinion. 

Not a crime.

Battering Graham will get the majority of the reps, and Dunn and Bennett will be used as parts of packages.  We will see them...I just hope the defenses don't key in on them when they step foot on the turf...

FWIW, I was not big on the Dunn signing.  He is good depth.  Although I did like the Bennett signing...I almost think you could line him up with GRaham, and motion him out to run slants, curls, and bombs...

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#121 : June 30, 2008, 01:49:47 AM

Not big on the Dunn signing either.  Bennet and Graham could be a great tandem.  Dunn complicates things. Will be interesting to watch how things develop.  Bucs made a big statement today, there is some honor left in the NFL.  Graham has earned every penny he gets, IMO.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#122 : June 30, 2008, 02:21:47 AM

For some reason I have a good feeling about Dunn this year. Maybe it's because he is coming from such a pathetic situation in Atlanta and escaping that situation just might rejuvinate him or maybe it's because I'm both a Bucs/Noles homer. I'm not thinking Pro Bowl or anything like that but 4-600 yards and 5-7 touchdowns shouldn't be out of reach. I think Caddy get's put on the PUP, Graham is our starter, Dunn is our 3rd down guy, Bennett is used sparingly (3-5 cpg), and either Boyd/Darby is cut while the other is sent to the PS. After week 6 if Caddy is ready to go Bennett gets cut and Carnell's come back begins.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#123 : June 30, 2008, 02:29:18 AM

For some reason I have a good feeling about Dunn this year. Maybe it's because he is coming from such a pathetic situation in Atlanta and escaping that situation just might rejuvinate him or maybe it's because I'm both a Bucs/Noles homer. I'm not thinking Pro Bowl or anything like that but 4-600 yards and 5-7 touchdowns shouldn't be out of reach. I think Caddy get's put on the PUP, Graham is our starter, Dunn is our 3rd down guy, Bennett is used sparingly (3-5 cpg), and either Boyd/Darby is cut while the other is sent to the PS. After week 6 if Caddy is ready to go Bennett gets cut and Carnell's come back begins.

4-600 yards is not out of reach.  He would have to rush for 25 yards a game to reach that "plateau".  Not impressive.  At all.  It would be a HUGE dropoff from his career averages, methinks.  But the 5-7 TDs might be outta reach.  BUt I hope not.

Carnell won't be ready to go until next year.  IF he plays, it might be late late late in the season as a test run.  This happens if the Bucs are really really bad, or really really good.  If they are in a dogfight, Carnell won't hit the field until next season.  Just a hunch.  Espescially considering how much they have paid GRaham this year...

The BUcs will go with G/D/B this year.  And that is not so shabby.  Not a lot of power there if GRaham goes down, but guess we should be glad they drafted Boyd!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#124 : June 30, 2008, 02:36:37 AM

TC is going to sort this all out for everyone a little more. Right now besides WD's comments that he wasn't brought here to be a 3rd down back we don't have much confirmation from the Buc's FO as to what his roll is going to be. Then again I'm no longer a subscriber so perhaps a few comments have been said about the situation that I'm unaware of.  All I know is that this rocket backfield we have all been hearing about for years better come to fruition finally, we now have two backs with great hands so I don't see why it shouldn't.

#125 : June 30, 2008, 02:37:42 AM

Now I gotta go back and watch the games from last year when EG came on...I want to revisit all of these broken tackles and all of this one man wrecking crew stuff.  I remember one or two but not as many as you guys wanna give him.

My favorite:

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#126 : June 30, 2008, 05:48:00 AM

A good deal for all. 

Graham clearly had all the leverage to get a new deal since Caddy was never capable of coming back in 2008, and Dunn was never a real Plan A type option.  DR saw through all of the silly over blown smoke screens from OTA and did a nice deal.

On the other hand, you have to give BA some credit too.  He has zero leverage here and came away with a starting RB without paying big time dollars.

Well played by all sides here. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#127 : June 30, 2008, 12:43:49 PM

A good deal for all. 

Graham clearly had all the leverage to get a new deal since Caddy was never capable of coming back in 2008, and Dunn was never a real Plan A type option.  DR saw through all of the silly over blown smoke screens from OTA and did a nice deal.

On the other hand, you have to give BA some credit too.  He has zero leverage here and came away with a starting RB without paying big time dollars.

Well played by all sides here. 

I concur.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#128 : June 30, 2008, 01:00:55 PM

FWIW, I was not big on the Dunn signing. He is good depth. Although I did like the Bennett signing...I almost think you could line him up with GRaham, and motion him out to run slants, curls, and bombs...

The best back to line up with Graham is Askew.  Forget trying to get cute, just run the damn ball down their throats.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#129 : September 15, 2008, 12:59:29 AM

Bump

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#130 : September 15, 2008, 02:42:46 PM

Good signing, but I think some of you Dunn haters need to give it up as well...as fast as Bennett is, not sure he has the shify vision to score on 3rd and 17...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools