Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Madman

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 29, 2008, 05:24:11 PM

The devil's always in the details. I'll reserve judgment until we hear all the terms. EG is a nice player but I can't see Bruce Allen offering a contract that's overly generous.

Agent Orange

Starter

#16 : June 29, 2008, 05:24:53 PM

The problem with paying your running backs each around 3-4 million a season in Dunn, Graham, Williams and Bennett 1 million, then you have askew making around 2 million is the team will have 12- 15 million a season for the next 2-3 years and doesnt even have a probowler or even LT or Peterson type or to break it down even further if the cap is set at 116 million the team is paying 5 players a total of 8% of there cap room. which may not sound like much. but when you factor in the other 16% of cap room the team seems un willing to spend as of late you have a quarter of the cap room going towards the RB or not being spent at all

Thank Gruden and Allen for that. Now not only are we collecting QBs we're collecting RBs and it appears LBs. Instead of scouting a true #1 we just use the numbers approach. I disagree with you guys on Graham because imo he's the best back on the team. Dunn is solid but we can't count on him for every down and honestly he can't run inside for crap. Half the time he loses 2 yards before he breaks one. Look at Caddy, even when healthy. I saw this on another site. Caddy has had 6 100 yard games in his career. Graham had 4 last season. He obviously would have broken 1,000 if they had let him play and on top of that he's been Mr. consistent. He is also a complete back that can run outside, inside, and goal line, catch, and block. It's not his fault that we drafted Williams higher and had to play him. I think this is a very fair contract for our #1 running back and think we need to trade/cut some of the others in order to decrease the number of backs anyway without even looking at their salaries.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 29, 2008, 05:30:22 PM

If the PFT report is true, Bruce must have lost his mind! That number is crazy for a one year wonder.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 29, 2008, 05:30:42 PM

BA isnt a fool. I will take an educated guess and say there is sufficient signing bonus for him to put pen to paper, yet be enough of a chunk in the contract to void it in the last year or 2 so that it isn't a big cap hit. I say that based on the kind of contracts he has negotiated of late. I think Earnest has earned a bit of Jack. Not pure starting money but enough to say thankyou for staying in there and doing the business when it was required but not too much so that it is stupid.

One thing I will say about BA, after his initial escapades, he has been very prudent with his contracts. Do the busines and you get paid, dont and you can get cut without harming the Organization too much. I believe the description is , "balance".

luvabuc

Second String

#19 : June 29, 2008, 05:35:19 PM

Do you know that other running backs are making that much and more? That's not an outrageous deal.

JC510

Practice Squad

#20 : June 29, 2008, 05:39:17 PM

If the PFT report is true, Bruce must have lost his mind! That number is crazy for a one year wonder.

He isn't a one year wonder, he's just not skilled.

Pittman would have had an excellent year if he didn't get that bad injury. Against Carolina he had 15 for 90 after Cadillac got hurt.

And Bennett looked better than Graham when he was in there.

bucs63

Starter

#21 : June 29, 2008, 05:42:41 PM

If the new deal throws out his current contract and the 10.5 million salary is for 2008 - 2011, then Bruce did a great job. It's speculation right now though.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 29, 2008, 05:47:25 PM

Graham would contiune to work under his old contract in 2008, then it would be consider a true contract extension meaning he would then be signed from 2009 through 2011 at the new price

bucs63

Starter

#23 : June 29, 2008, 06:02:17 PM

Sounded to me that Graham, and Garcia for that matter, are looking for deals that will pay them this year? But that just the impression I get from what I read. I know some of you guys have sources...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 29, 2008, 06:06:44 PM

He would get paid this year as he would receive the signing bonus money this season

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 29, 2008, 06:08:57 PM

I have to believe the last year is heavy on salary and incentives, but also with a buyout for the team and maybe Graham too. After all, if he lights it up for 3 years, then he could cash in on a big deal. He's only 28 now, right?

bucs63

Starter

#26 : June 29, 2008, 06:09:48 PM

Gotcha. A 3 mil signing bonus would be some good pay for this year.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 29, 2008, 06:13:56 PM

he is I think 29 this year and will be around 33-34 by the time the deal is up

MBF

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 29, 2008, 06:14:18 PM

Do you know that other running backs are making that much and more? That's not an outrageous deal.
Other running backs make much more because they're better and have produced much more. Graham should be thankful they're giving him a new, improved deal when they're under no obligation to do so. I'm positive they'd have happily gone into next season with Dunn, Bennett, and FA to be, Earnest Graham.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 29, 2008, 06:25:17 PM

Other running backs make much more because they're better and have produced much more. Graham should be thankful they're giving him a new, improved deal when they're under no obligation to do so. I'm positive they'd have happily gone into next season with Dunn, Bennett, and FA to be, Earnest Graham.

Tell the Burner Michael Turner that
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools