Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

MBF

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 29, 2008, 06:29:00 PM

Do you know that other running backs are making that much and more? That's not an outrageous deal.
Other running backs make much more because they're better and have produced much more. Graham should be thankful they're giving him a new, improved deal when they're under no obligation to do so. I'm positive they'd have happily gone into next season with Dunn, Bennett, and FA to be, Earnest Graham.

Tell the Burner Michael Turner that
I would be the Falcons FO are quite stupid.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 29, 2008, 06:44:13 PM

Absolutely unbelievable!  What do you idiots want?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#32 : June 29, 2008, 06:46:40 PM

That's not that bad of a contract that they agreed upon considering that Earnest Graham was asking for "Frank Gore" money.  I don't think that he is a one-year wonder.  Graham should be our starting RB next year and 3 million dollars a year is a good deal for a starting RB.  Plus, Graham is a great special teams player and he could go back to his old role on special teams since he would be sharing the load with Bennett and Dunn.  Graham also brings leadership to the lockeroom and is well liked by his teammates.  Now he can retire as a Buc.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#33 : June 29, 2008, 07:06:48 PM

Good news he has been here for a long time. He will help out the team for sure.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 29, 2008, 07:07:14 PM

Well too and let's not forget to take into account the cap has gone up so players salaries in general are going up.  I guess if you look at it that way it's not soooo bad, but still...that's a hefty raise...hope he lives up to it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 29, 2008, 07:20:50 PM

I'm cool with that deal if the numbers are accurate.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

The Q

Pro Bowler

#36 : June 29, 2008, 07:21:15 PM

When is PR or BucsCom going to post something on this? 3yrs 10.5 mil is 3.5 mil a year avg on the ext. That is too much IMO.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 29, 2008, 07:22:10 PM

i think thats a good amount per year. for both sides.  its fair. i like it.

luvabuc

Second String

#38 : June 29, 2008, 07:27:21 PM

It also helps if we're consistant! Changing players out every year is part of the problem.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#39 : June 29, 2008, 07:28:50 PM

I'm not upset at this deal. We have no basis to expect Graham to repeat his performance last season, and no basis to expect him not to repeat his performance. If he does repeat, then 3.5 isn't so bad. I think this deal shows me more of how the front office feels about Bennett. If they had the faith that some of our fans have in Bennet, they would have bluffed Graham's requests.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#40 : June 29, 2008, 07:37:30 PM

Well, if he signs this deal it's comparable to what we gave to Charlie Garner and he's a lot younger so it can't be a total disaster. ;)

Actually, I think it's a good deal in the current era and whether or not he's a "feature back" he's a back who scored 10 touchdowns on the ground and since we're not up against the cap, I can think of a lot worse ways to spend that money.

I mean, we could have spent the exact same money on Ovie Mughelli or something. ;)

#41 : June 29, 2008, 07:40:52 PM

Surely, you jest? Sounds VERY fair to me. GREAT job by both sides, if true.

No I don't jest yall think he's worth 3 mil a year after not even getting a 1000 yards?

Carnell makes $3mil per year..... and Graham is the better back of the two.  ;)

Watch and see what one-year-wonder Ryan Grant gets from the packers.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#42 : June 29, 2008, 07:47:50 PM

Surely, you jest? Sounds VERY fair to me. GREAT job by both sides, if true.

No I don't jest yall think he's worth 3 mil a year after not even getting a 1000 yards?

Carnell makes $3mil per year..... and Graham is the better back of the two.  ;)

Watch and see what one-year-wonder Ryan Grant gets from the packers.

Even if you're right, there's no way to compare a rookie contract with one that's reextended later. You have to pay your first round draft choice. You don't have to reextend. Far more correct to compare it with what others are getting on their deals and that's enough in this case to make the offer a good one. No need to get sloppy just because you hate a player.

I mean, surely you of all people would agree that the football world revolves around Carnell so why are you trying to make an unrelated situation revolve around it?

#43 : June 29, 2008, 07:52:32 PM

Not sure what you were trying to get across in all the jibberish but my man Chev says that Graham is not worth 3mil. I have to question that when our "franchise" back makes more and is not as well rounded.

To me, its an indicitment of what the front office really feels about his return this year.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#44 : June 29, 2008, 08:00:07 PM

Not sure what you were trying to get across in all the jibberish but my man Chev says that Graham is not worth 3mil. I have to question that when our "franchise" back makes more and is not as well rounded.

To me, its an indicitment of what the front office really feels about his return this year.

Yes, english is jibberish you. I forgot that and I apologize. I'll try again. I'll type slowly so you can follow.

Carnell is on his rookie contract. At that point the front office had drafted him because presumably they expected a certain level of performance. They paid him in accordance to this and also in accordance with the slotting of a 1(4). This contract in no way has any relevance when evaluating the players today or what a player of Graham's caliber is worth. That paycheck is based purely on speculation.

Graham is being evaluated and paid for performance and in both our opinions, he's not being overpaid based on that. There is no need and exactly zero reason to compare it to a rookie contract. It's like saying Jeff Garcia should be paid more than Alex Smith since he's clearly outperformed him. Now, if the 49'ers were to resign Smith to a new contract for similar money you'd have a point and they'd have to fire their front office but as it stands, they paid for speculation and we'll pay for performance. It's really not that hard to understand.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT reports Bucs to extend Graham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools