Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham deal done « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

: June 29, 2008, 08:53:23 PM

according to NFLN.

4 yrs, $11 mil

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 29, 2008, 08:57:27 PM

Yeah pretty good for both sides I think all in all.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 29, 2008, 08:59:35 PM

Even though they are reporting 4 years at 11 million, it is only a three year extension worth 10.5, with the fourth year actually being the 2008 season at his original 605.00 base salary but his cap number for this season should be 3.6 million to absorb the brunt of that deal this season.

Which would mean by structuring the deal this way future years will remain under 2.5 million

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#3 : June 29, 2008, 09:03:33 PM

if his cap # is $3.6, that would mean a $3mil signing bonus. Has that been verified?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 29, 2008, 09:05:25 PM

Has not been verified, but I am sure it will be right around that area

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : June 29, 2008, 09:09:37 PM

Even better news. That's certainly a deal I can swallow like a 2$ hooker.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 29, 2008, 09:10:42 PM

ABF - where I could go with that comment

Oliver Goldsmith

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 29, 2008, 09:11:15 PM

Graham has done it the old-fashioned way - yea, HE EARNED IT!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : June 29, 2008, 09:12:20 PM

ABF - where I could go with that comment
Maybe I should have said like a Turkish girl in Dubai?

Enter javabuc into the conversation...4, 3, 2, 1,

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 29, 2008, 09:13:05 PM

this is really fair for the bucs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 29, 2008, 09:15:06 PM

This is a lowball contract; a great deal for the Bucs.  Glad to see Graham get some cash for all his hard work.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : June 29, 2008, 09:16:22 PM

this is really fair for the bucs.
Fair for Graham also. That's a lot of money for a guy who negotiated his own contract last time just so he could keep his spot on the roster. Humble and hard worker. You like to see a guy like that get rewarded.

Now all we need is Clayton to come close to his rookie form, which I'm expecting, and Luke to outright win the starting job and then I'll talk to 4bucs about playoff runs.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#12 : June 29, 2008, 09:18:25 PM

Not exactly Frank Gore money; I don't think Rosenhaus will be crowing about this particular deal to prospective clients.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : June 29, 2008, 09:19:29 PM

Not exactly Frank Gore money; I don't think Rosenhaus will be crowing about this particular deal to prospective clients.
I don't believe he was ever really looking for Frank Gore type money.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 29, 2008, 09:23:28 PM

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/

June 29, 2008

Graham agrees to new deal with Bucs

Earnest Graham's patience finally paid off.

Big time.

Graham has agreed to a four-year deal worth $11-million, ending any possibility of a training camp holdout.

The agreement was first reported Sunday night by NFL.com. Graham, 28, did not participate in  Organized Team Activities or the off-season workout program, presumably because he wanted a contract extension. He did participate in the Bucs' mandatory minicamp.

Terms of the deal have not been released, so it's unknown how much of that $11-million is back-loaded or what is guaranteed.

Graham emerged as a starter for the first time in his career last season after injuries to Cadillac Williams and Michael Pittman. He saved the day and possibly the season for the Bucs, rushing for 898 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.

While Graham took the silent approach, quarterback Jeff Garcia has been very vocal about his disgust over the lack of progress in his talks with the Bucs on a contract extension. Now that Graham is in the fold, maybe the Bucs will turn their attention to reaching an accord with their 38-year-old quarterback.

There's still plenty of time before the team reports to training camp July 25.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham deal done « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools