Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham deal done « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : June 29, 2008, 09:34:16 PM

Graham has agreed to a four-year deal worth $11-million, ending any possibility of a training camp holdout.

The agreement was first reported Sunday night by NFL.com. Graham, 28, did not participate in Organized Team Activities or the off-season workout program, presumably because he wanted a contract extension. He did participate in the Bucs' mandatory minicamp.

He never has participated before. Why is that never mentioned in these types of situations?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 29, 2008, 09:25:21 PM

Yesssssssssss!!!!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 29, 2008, 09:43:05 PM

What I dont understand is how media folks use the play on words like in the fold now and statements like that, he was never out of the fold he had a contract already but wanted a new one

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : June 29, 2008, 09:52:40 PM

What I dont understand is how media folks use the play on words like in the fold now and statements like that, he was never out of the fold he had a contract already but wanted a new one
I think most people were expecting him to hold out, that's why he's now in the fold. Let's face it Yucc...only Buccs fans are expecting huge things from Bennett. Yes, the kid has tools, but why hasn't he been able to showcase them save for 1 season in Minny. He's bounce from Minny, to New Orleans to the Chiefs and now here. Last season, he couldn't learn the playbook. That's pretty realistic from what we hear of Gruden's playbook. You have to wonder what this all means to the front office? Are they expecting Graham to have another huge year, or are they not confident in Carnell, Bennet and Dunn. It would appear on the surface that Graham had no leverage, yet he got a new deal.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 29, 2008, 09:56:58 PM

if his cap # is $3.6, that would mean a $3mil signing bonus. Has that been verified?

The cap would be spread out over the life of the deal....4 years.....so that doesn't sound right to me. Either the cap hit is wrong or the bonus is wrong.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 29, 2008, 10:13:53 PM

Graham has done it the old-fashioned way - yea, HE EARNED IT!

He ain't earned nothing.  That's a freakin gift!!! if this is the deal then I'm not as pissed, but I'm not thrilled either...I was looking for no more than 2 mil raise a year...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 29, 2008, 10:22:09 PM

They can front load the deal instead of it being a signing bonus it could be a roster bonus this season, which would then count against the cap this year. I have a feeling it is really only a three year deal with 10.5 worth of new money and the fourth year is actually this year year coming up so then it would just be an extension of his current deal.

It is a way to give him a raise for last season work, and take the hit this season, in case he is only  a one hit wonder.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 29, 2008, 10:33:19 PM

He ain't earned nothing. That's a freakin gift!!! if this is the deal then I'm not as pissed, but I'm not thrilled either...I was looking for no more than 2 mil raise a year...

You're not AS pissed?  You're a freakin' i#!@t!!!

#23 : June 29, 2008, 10:44:42 PM

He ain't earned nothing. That's a freakin gift!!! if this is the deal then I'm not as pissed, but I'm not thrilled either...I was looking for no more than 2 mil raise a year...

You're not AS pissed? You're a freakin' i#!@t!!!

WOW!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 29, 2008, 10:50:19 PM

Huge applause for this getting done and finally Allen opened up that tiiiight wallet of his and made the deal!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 29, 2008, 10:52:16 PM

Maybe Rosenhaus finally got his head out of his butt and a rational deal was made. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#26 : June 29, 2008, 10:52:21 PM

He ain't earned nothing.  That's a freakin gift!!! if this is the deal then I'm not as pissed, but I'm not thrilled either...I was looking for no more than 2 mil raise a year...

Wasn't he at six hundred thousand? A two million raise puts him at 2.6M a year. If the information in the OP is correct, 11 million for 4 years, that's 2.75M a year. 150K a year isn't worth quibbling about.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 29, 2008, 11:01:05 PM

You're not AS pissed? You're a freakin' i#!@t!!!

Dude let's not go there...you really don't want that.  And if you do be glad you have all this internet space to hide behind...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 29, 2008, 11:02:05 PM

Wasn't he at six hundred thousand? A two million raise puts him at 2.6M a year. If the information in the OP is correct, 11 million for 4 years, that's 2.75M a year. 150K a year isn't worth quibbling about.

No I was thinking 2 mil/per...my bad didn't explain that well in my tyraid moment...

#29 : June 29, 2008, 11:06:48 PM

We won't know anyway until we get the details. Even if it is in that range, I won't be upset.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham deal done « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools