Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guess what Garcias new contract will be.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 30, 2008, 09:17:59 AM

Garcia isn't undergoing changes. He has BEEN undergoing them. Last time he played in 16 games? SIX years ago. He's played in 27 games over three years.
An incentive-laden contract would be appropriate, but just as much on QUANTITY as quality. He wants to emphasize quality, but where was that quality at the end of the year? If he plays a good game against the Giants, we might have won or been closer. But he was as much the reason for us losing that game as anyone. One of our two wins against winning clubs (the Washington game) was pretty much without him. 13 TD passes and he's all huffy? Give me a break.
A little more huddle time and little less whine, Jeff!

In Verner We Trust

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : June 30, 2008, 09:22:59 AM

Screw Garcia! I say we lock Phillip Buchanon up with an extension, next and let poor Jeff twist in the wind.

Had he just taken less money 4 years ago and signed on with the Bucs (instead of being a hired gun for Detroit, Cleveland and Philly) he would have received a big pay day from us right last offseason!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 30, 2008, 09:24:16 AM

If he plays a good game against the Giants, we might have won or been closer. But he was as much the reason for us losing that game as anyone. One of our two wins against winning clubs (the Washington game) was pretty much without him. 13 TD passes and he's all huffy? Give me a break.

Spurlock's fumble didnt help much in that Giants game. That's when the game fell apart.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 30, 2008, 09:26:07 AM

Probably a 2 year deal as Lady mentioned $4.5 mil per year with a $3 mil signing bonus.

The guy says he wants to be paid like his peers..... $4.5 won't do it.
All the QB's who make $4.5 million or more are better than Garcia so they're not his peers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#19 : June 30, 2008, 09:28:56 AM

If he plays a good game against the Giants, we might have won or been closer. But he was as much the reason for us losing that game as anyone. One of our two wins against winning clubs (the Washington game) was pretty much without him. 13 TD passes and he's all huffy? Give me a break.

Spurlock's fumble didnt help much in that Giants game. That's when the game fell apart.

Yes, but Garcia forcing and interception in the endzone, instead of checking down to his 3rd or 4th receiver basically killed us.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 30, 2008, 09:32:48 AM

The head coach having most of the team sit for 3 weeks also didnt help.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : June 30, 2008, 09:49:53 AM

So, being "rusty" is what caused Garcia to force that pass? And 'most' of the team didn't sit the final three games, just a few players and only a couple of them sat for more than 2 weeks.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2008, 09:52:12 AM

The head coach sat him because we didn't want him to hurt his back again before the playoffs.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 30, 2008, 10:00:03 AM

If Garcia is not the starter, then who? Luke? Better get ready for another 5-11 season.

Old or not, Garcia gives the Bucs the best chance of winning on the field right now.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 30, 2008, 10:34:13 AM

Not much with how he's acting. I bet he's forced to play out his contract.

I agree.  You look at this team.  They need to get a younger QB at the helm.  I think McCown around the start of the season will get his extension.  Garcia will be done after this year.

Maybe.  ;)

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 30, 2008, 11:07:31 AM

When do you think JJ will be running the show ...2009 or 2010.

The most likely scenario is never unless the situation is forced.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 30, 2008, 11:36:15 AM

Probably a 2 year deal as Lady mentioned $4.5 mil per year with a $3 mil signing bonus.

The guy says he wants to be paid like his peers..... $4.5 won't do it.

His peers are 38 year old journeyman QBs that throw 13 TDs/yr.  What is the going rate for that?

Kitna got $10.5 mill for 4 yrs $3.5 guaranteed, Delhomme is getting $4.5 mill/yr, and Kurt Warner got a 3yr $15mill deal with $3mill SB.

I'd say $4.5 mill is on the high end of his peers.

#27 : June 30, 2008, 12:08:09 PM

The head coach having most of the team sit for 3 weeks also didnt help.

That had nothing to do with it, sorry.  If it was rust it would have showed early, and then we would have played better late -- that's what happens when you're "rusty".  You don't start out dominating and then fall off.

As far as Jeff goes, I really don't care one way or the other.  He's gonna get something, we just need to not get screwed in the deal.  Diva boy isn't going to last a whole season, so we need to be careful with how we pay him.

People need to realize that he's old and injury-prone.  I'd be afraid to pay a QB his age with NO injury problems a nice chunk on an extension. 

#28 : June 30, 2008, 12:09:31 PM

Now I could care less about his age...but at 40, I think we might be seeing some changes happen to his body.  The bad kind...

QFT....

"The Velvet Lion" has become "The Glass Pirate"....

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 30, 2008, 12:19:30 PM

2 years at 6 mill per...JMO

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guess what Garcias new contract will be.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools