Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guess what Garcias new contract will be.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Q

Pro Bowler

#30 : June 30, 2008, 12:28:26 PM

2 year extension for $9 mil, plus a $4 mil signing bonus.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 30, 2008, 12:41:20 PM

3 year 14.5 million 2 million signing bonus

#32 : June 30, 2008, 01:53:08 PM

3 yrs, 14 mil, 1mil signing bonus, 1 mil in LTBE incentives this year.  Gets done by Monday the 7th of July...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 30, 2008, 02:12:47 PM

If the Bucs give him one more penny I'll lose all faith in humanity.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#34 : June 30, 2008, 02:14:08 PM

The head coach sat him because we didn't want him to hurt his back again before the playoffs.
Well that worked out great didn't it?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 30, 2008, 02:17:31 PM

The head coach sat him because we didn't want him to hurt his back again before the playoffs.
As much as we like Luke, do you really think he could've performed that day? No one on offense showed up to play that day, Gruden simply sat Garcia because he thought Jeff gave us the best chance to win.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#36 : June 30, 2008, 02:32:31 PM

As much as we like Luke, do you really think he could've performed that day? No one on offense showed up to play that day, Gruden simply sat Garcia because he thought Jeff gave us the best chance to win.
All I'm saying is it really didn't matter. In the end, the offense was as pathetic as any Dungy led offense, and we were one and done. I personally believe we abandoned the run too early. This notion that Graham was being shut down was ridiculous. The play by play shows the truth.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#37 : June 30, 2008, 05:03:12 PM

2 years, 4 mil a year, 8 mil total, 1 mil buyout of the 2nd year

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#38 : June 30, 2008, 05:17:27 PM

2 years, 4 mil a year, 8 mil total, 1 mil buyout of the 2nd year
GOD I hope you're wrong.

#39 : June 30, 2008, 05:34:55 PM

Let's make sure we put a lot of it in incentives based on playing time, we don't want to pay him if he can't play....

Oh, wait, we did that, and we're mean for doing it....

Seriously, I don't know what would be fair.  The guy isn't going to be done soon.  He's already done.  He doesn't have a full season left in him.  Extend him?  He won't be a starter after this year, so why extend him?  Pay him more this year?  He's very likely to play even less this year, so his "per game" pay rate goes up, doesn't that qualify as a raise?  Like working 4 days but still getting your 5 day pay?

I don't mind extending him to 09 if he is being paid as a backup then, because I think that's what he'll be.  I don't mind paying him more this year if he could hold up, but I don't think he will.  What's an armchair GM to do?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#40 : June 30, 2008, 05:41:45 PM

Let's make sure we put a lot of it in incentives based on playing time, we don't want to pay him if he can't play....

Oh, wait, we did that, and we're mean for doing it....

Seriously, I don't know what would be fair. The guy isn't going to be done soon. He's already done. He doesn't have a full season left in him. Extend him? He won't be a starter after this year, so why extend him? Pay him more this year? He's very likely to play even less this year, so his "per game" pay rate goes up, doesn't that qualify as a raise? Like working 4 days but still getting your 5 day pay?

I don't mind extending him to 09 if he is being paid as a backup then, because I think that's what he'll be. I don't mind paying him more this year if he could hold up, but I don't think he will. What's an armchair GM to do?

See you and I can agree on some things.

Let me ask you this. You're very much in the crowd of Jon Gruden is great and nothing he does is wrong, so explain to me why Gruden should be so infatuated with Garcia? Maybe 5 years ago, but the gushing quotes he was making last offseason??

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 30, 2008, 10:43:12 PM

Gosh.  You guys are all over the place.  I didn't expect that.  I thought there'd be more consenus.

The numbers most repeated seem to be 2 years around 14 mill...

FDCN what does LTBE incentives mean?????

I didn't know that he hadn't played a full season for a long time.  That does create a worry.  So.
Since Gruden knows this (don't you think?) I'm guessing he's already game planned for a partial
Garcia season and got Griese in case LUKE hasn't matured sufficiently to fill in.

Hey.  Maybe Garcia plays better for more bucks.  Some people do get motivated when appreciated more.
I do, for instance.  Ha ha.

I see 2 years.  I like the idea of a $1 buyout for year two.  I see $5mill in guaranteed money $1 mill of which is
for missed $$$ last year.  The rest is up to Bruce.

Poor Garcia.  He sure doesn't get a lot of respect here and yet he's done well for the team overall.  And I agree with ABuccs that the
whole team sucked for the Giants game.  It was as if someone took all the air out of the players...I was there.  And that's what it
felt like to me.  They DID abandon the run game too soon and I could not figure out why.  THey changed the game plans that brought to this game.  I don't agree with that at all.  Graham had plenty of juice left IMHO.  I hate even thinking about that game.
We lost that game more than the Giants won it.

#42 : June 30, 2008, 11:08:44 PM

[See you and I can agree on some things.

Let me ask you this. You're very much in the crowd of Jon Gruden is great and nothing he does is wrong, so explain to me why Gruden should be so infatuated with Garcia? Maybe 5 years ago, but the gushing quotes he was making last offseason??

The quotes are Gruden being Gruden.  He gets stoked over every player.

And Ladyfan, LTBE means "Likely to be Earned", and they count against the current year's cap.  "NLTBE" or "Not Likely to be Earned" count against the next year's cap.  You can use those bonuses to roll salary over.

#43 : June 30, 2008, 11:15:46 PM

Probably a 2 year deal as Lady mentioned $4.5 mil per year with a $3 mil signing bonus.

The guy says he wants to be paid like his peers..... $4.5 won't do it.
All the QB's who make $4.5 million or more are better than Garcia so they're not his peers.

Brah, you'll get no argument from me.

I think the guy should play for what he signed just 1 yr ago and be happy. I still haven't seen/heard what has transpired over the past year that warrants a raise and extension. I just don't get it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 01, 2008, 12:10:21 AM

He needs to play at a decent level this season before the Bucs should think about keeping him on starters pay in 2009 IMO.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guess what Garcias new contract will be.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools