Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zeitgeistmovie.com, Joe, Religious People, Anybody??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 30, 2008, 04:15:36 PM

One thing i've learned here and others should learn. Don't get into an intellectual debate with ufo joe. You aren't going to win.
I pretty much trust everything he says. Hands down.

Want to reassess that stance?

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#16 : June 30, 2008, 04:32:02 PM

Anywho, the first 1/2 hr is very interesting to say the least, regardless if you are religious or not.  Im sure many religious folks will try to make some argument that this is made up or somehow false, but this just says otherwise...

#17 : June 30, 2008, 04:32:30 PM

One thing i've learned here and others should learn. Don't get into an intellectual debate with ufo joe. You aren't going to win.

Not really.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 30, 2008, 04:45:27 PM

Anywho, the first 1/2 hr is very interesting to say the least, regardless if you are religious or not.  Im sure many religious folks will try to make some argument that this is made up or somehow false, but this just says otherwise...

Yes it does say otherwise, however it begins with an accusation that by all standards, at least from what I have read myself is blatantly false. It's one of those things that if you want to believe it, you will but if you do any research it turns out to be wildly loose with the truth to put it mildly. When I first heard these analogies I thought WOW! But it did not take long to find out that it was a pile of crock.

There may be some other good stuff in this movie, but after the start I just let it go.

#19 : June 30, 2008, 04:54:56 PM

Not really.

Ah Ha!

Lol!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 30, 2008, 06:33:23 PM

The research put into the first part of Zeitgeist is there for all to see on the Truth Be Known site.
The video is based on Archara S's and Jordan Maxwell's research. Lots of Christians have
claimed that her research is weak and that she relied on 2nd and 3rd hand sources. She's
responded by listing all of her sources. The Christians have been mum. Except for the
repeated insults and name calling. Very typical when someone's belief system has
been torn apart.

The Christians just can't handle that they've been duped into worshipping the Sun all this time.
And they'll always eject any evidence that shows they have been duped.

Like I said, folks, watch the lecture or read Archara's book on Jesus. And expect more denial from
the Christians.

The truth hurts.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 30, 2008, 06:34:43 PM

hey hoods bucs.. joe made some threads a few weeks ago.. me and him were talking about this movie and other intelligent things... go to his posts or threads made or w/e .. joe can you link them?  the astrology.. and another one...  you know what i mean.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24150.0

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 30, 2008, 06:52:16 PM

It's one of those things that if you want to believe it, you will but if you do any research it turns out to be wildly loose with the truth to put it mildly.
Are you talking about religion?

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#24 : June 30, 2008, 07:49:12 PM

I take it Spartan youre Christian?

I have done plenty of research on this subject and most findings point to the same evidence this movie presents.

Like Joe said, sorry that the truth hurts.

In my findings, religious folks want to dump the word of God/religion on you, but when you turn around and present facts such as this, they become extremely defensive and wont take 2 minutes to listen.  Somewhat of a double standard no?

luvabuc

Second String

#25 : June 30, 2008, 08:00:58 PM

They will tell you it's "faith!"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 30, 2008, 08:17:02 PM

http://www.pocm.info/

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 30, 2008, 08:21:01 PM

as joe has said before...

The mind shuts down when confronted with such heresy. its hard to tell someone that everything they have been taught is based on misinterpretations.

people have lived their whole life based on a religion that prominent people in their life have told them to believe in.

as was stated in another thread.. "Intelligent people are less likely to believe in god"

We would be much better off if people would accept the truth about religion.

it detaches us from the natural world.
uses god as a crutch and justification.
It divides Humans.

Peace would come easier if the truth was faced head on.
We are surrounded by a vacuum outside of this planet.
We cant live without this planet or these elements.
The faster we populate the universe... the faster our species goal is met.  To survive.
Religion is holding us all back from uniting and discovering more about the world we live in, and how to survive long enough to figure out a way to survive longer. Before the universe cools so much that life can not live.

Religion holds us back.

The sooner people find out that religion is the enemy.. and not eachother.. the better this world will be.  The cleaner air. The better everything will be.  the healthier. better education.  everything.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 30, 2008, 08:23:47 PM

The sun is the giver of all life that we know.

Exactly. Take the time to watch the Maxwell lecture. Trust me that you'll learn something. I
know I did. It's pretty obvious where this stuff comes from. At least to me it is.

None of this has anything to do with archeologists. Unless they're now in the business of
studying mythology. LOL.

Maxwell knows the Bible better than most Christians and Jews (Old Testament).

Without the Sun, you cannot have life.

They DO study the mythology of the people they are trying to learn from silly! Archeologists have to know what they believed in. Myth has A LOT to do with how people act in life. They had to do much mythological research with the Myans, Aztecs, Inca, etc. to see WHY and HOW they acted the way they did. That has to be the silliest thing I've heard from you joe lol. Shoot, Archeologists even study Shamans, that are for the most part, "myth."

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 30, 2008, 08:26:25 PM

as joe has said before...

The mind shuts down when confronted with such heresy. its hard to tell someone that everything they have been taught is based on misinterpretations.

people have lived their whole life based on a religion that prominent people in their life have told them to believe in.

as was stated in another thread.. "Intelligent people are less likely to believe in god"

We would be much better off if people would accept the truth about religion.

it detaches us from the natural world.
uses god as a crutch and justification.
It divides Humans.

Peace would come easier if the truth was faced head on.
We are surrounded by a vacuum outside of this planet.
We cant live without this planet or these elements.
The faster we populate the universe... the faster our species goal is met.  To survive.
Religion is holding us all back from uniting and discovering more about the world we live in, and how to survive long enough to figure out a way to survive longer. Before the universe cools so much that life can not live.

Religion holds us back.

The sooner people find out that religion is the enemy.. and not eachother.. the better this world will be.  The cleaner air. The better everything will be.  the healthier. better education.  everything.

i must say... this is the best post ever. even though its mine... i am very proud of it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zeitgeistmovie.com, Joe, Religious People, Anybody??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools