Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zeitgeistmovie.com, Joe, Religious People, Anybody??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 30, 2008, 08:31:32 PM

Archeologists collaborate a lot with anthropoligists to put the pieces together of the past. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 30, 2008, 08:34:55 PM

The sun is the giver of all life that we know.

Exactly. Take the time to watch the Maxwell lecture. Trust me that you'll learn something. I
know I did. It's pretty obvious where this stuff comes from. At least to me it is.

None of this has anything to do with archeologists. Unless they're now in the business of
studying mythology. LOL.

Maxwell knows the Bible better than most Christians and Jews (Old Testament).

Without the Sun, you cannot have life.

They DO study the mythology of the people they are trying to learn from silly! Archeologists have to know what they believed in. Myth has A LOT to do with how people act in life. They had to do much mythological research with the Myans, Aztecs, Inca, etc. to see WHY and HOW they acted the way they did. That has to be the silliest thing I've heard from you joe lol. Shoot, Archeologists even study Shamans, that are for the most part, "myth."

Heinrich Schliemann ring any bells?  Most of his excavations (not just Troy but Mycenae and Tiryns as well) were based on locations from "Mythical sources".  Most myths do have a basis in some shred of truth.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 30, 2008, 08:44:04 PM

Exactly. Take the time to watch the Maxwell lecture. Trust me that you'll learn something. I
know I did. It's pretty obvious where this stuff comes from. At least to me it is.

None of this has anything to do with archeologists. Unless they're now in the business of
studying mythology. LOL.

They DO study the mythology of the people they are trying to learn from silly! Archeologists have to know what they believed in. Myth has A LOT to do with how people act in life. They had to do much mythological research with the Myans, Aztecs, Inca, etc. to see WHY and HOW they acted the way they did. That has to be the silliest thing I've heard from you joe lol. Shoot, Archeologists even study Shamans, that are for the most part, "myth."

If you really want to learn about the Mayans and Egyptians, I suggest you read authors like
Graham Han**CENSORED** or John Major Jenkins and others. The real meat when it comes to the
myths is not addressed by archaeologists. 95% of the archaeologists see the myths and
dismiss all of them as irrelevant and nothing more than inventive story telling.

Go look up Hamlet's Mill. It's one of the most important books on myths that is available
for you to read IMO. The myths all relate to something very important. Of course, that's
only if you believe what the authors/researchers claim when it comes to deciphering
said myths.

Now, if you ask an archaeologist, you'll get a snicker and brush off. The independent,
non-degreed guys can't possibly know more than the official word of science and
archaeology. Like I said. Go look at the authors like Bauval and Maxwell and
John Anthony West. Good stuff and none of them have to worry about their
funding drying up if they piss off the wrong people who were going to fund
their work.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 30, 2008, 08:59:06 PM

Isn't it funny how it took a novice like Robert Bauval to figure out that the three pyramids at Giza
lined up to match the positions of the stars in Orion's belt. Where were the mainstream guys all
those years?

As Above, So Below.

And that was expanded upon by Graham Han**CENSORED** in his book "Heaven's Mirror."

Two non-archaeologists who were able to think outside of the box and come up with some
impressive breakthroughs in megalithic architecture, the archeostronomy connections and
the connections to world myths. They were laughed at by the mainstream archaeologists.
And they still are.

Nice review of Hamlet's Mill...

A book wonderful to read and startling to contemplate. If this theory is correct, both the history of science and the reinterpretation of myths have been enriched immensely. --Washington Post Book World

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 30, 2008, 09:53:11 PM

studying mythology. LOL.

If you really want to learn about the Mayans and Egyptians, I suggest you read authors like
Graham Han**CENSORED** or John Major Jenkins and others. The real meat when it comes to the
myths is not addressed by archaeologists. 95% of the archaeologists see the myths and
dismiss all of them as irrelevant and nothing more than inventive story telling.

Go look up Hamlet's Mill. It's one of the most important books on myths that is available
for you to read IMO. The myths all relate to something very important. Of course, that's
only if you believe what the authors/researchers claim when it comes to deciphering
said myths.

Now, if you ask an archaeologist, you'll get a snicker and brush off. The independent,
non-degreed guys can't possibly know more than the official word of science and
archaeology. Like I said. Go look at the authors like Bauval and Maxwell and
John Anthony West. Good stuff and none of them have to worry about their
funding drying up if they piss off the wrong people who were going to fund
their work.

How many archaeologists do you know? lol

The one's that I've studied under and spoke with privately all stated, if you wanted to understand a group of people there is no better way to do it than with their mythology and relgion.

What they believed in set the actions of the population at that time. Maybe past archaeologists have missed these important findings, but the newer generation uses myth as well to guide their efforts.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 30, 2008, 10:06:18 PM

Some of the myths connect straight to Mars and highly suggest an Earth/Mars connection. How many
archaeologists would even consider such a thing? The one practicing archaeologist (James Strange from
USF) I know is actually very open to the Mars stuff. I interviewed him way back when when I had my
own show on public access. He was very open to the idea of somebody being on Mars a long time ago.
His focused on a set of mounds on Mars that were set up in a square root of two and three grid. Combine
the visual evidence and mathematical evidence of artificial structures on Mars along with the myths and
the obvious connection is there. But not one mainstream guy will consider it.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 30, 2008, 10:19:09 PM

An Archeologist does not have to believe what he is studying, because to him it is a Scientific endeavor. He may even 'snicker' at the absurdity of it all, but what he does do is document what he has found and writes a book about Ancient Egyptian Myths and stories. They make boats of money that way and all kind of wierd things like grants, prizes etc and so forth.

To answer the question put previously, yes I am a Christian. And that does not make me close minded. When I read things like the Horus=Jesus thing I do a bit of research. Funny enough, despite being a close minded Christian I love history and find this kind of thing pretty amazing. Let us look at the main allegations of the Horus=Jesus thing, as replicated in this movie:

1. Horus was born dec 25th
2. Horus was born of a virgin
3. A star in the east led to his birthplace
4. He was adored by 3 kings at his birth
5. He becasme a teacher at as.
6. He was baptized and started his 'ministry' at 30
7. He had 12 disciples.
8. He was crucified, was buried for 3 days and then resurected.

All I ask for this to be taken seriously is to provide one historical, academic or archealogical reference that supports ANY of these 'facts'. I can provide some that contradict these, but then again, I'm not making the argument am I? I do not consider someone stating something as a fact to be a fact. Neither do I consider an author quoting someone else to be a reference, unless that someone else supports the 'fact' with some intellectual and and academic research. I have yet to see any, ANY! Not a one, nothing, nada on any of these claims. If the claim is that I, am a Christian is a closed minded denier then support your argument. If you cant, don't cast stones.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 30, 2008, 10:28:59 PM

What kind of "evidence" are you looking for?

You want us to go to Egypt and take photos of the hieroglyphs?

It's written evidence. Just like with Jesus. Except, everybody and their brother realizes that Horus wasn't
a real person. Unfortunately, the Christians haven't figured that out yet about Jesus Christ.

Jesus real? Probably.

Jesus Christ real? Not likely.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 30, 2008, 10:36:05 PM

What kind of "evidence" are you looking for?

You want us to go to Egypt and take photos of the hieroglyphs?

You personally, no. But some Academic study or paper that outlines and makes the claim that this set of hieroglyphs supports that argument. You quote for example a number of authors. Upon what are they making their claims? What is their point of reference?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 30, 2008, 10:45:23 PM

Those authors (Except for Maxwell) are not talking about Horus/Jesus.
But I'll find some of the ones that Archara S. uses.

Here's a start for those curious about the research behind ZG.

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeist.html

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 30, 2008, 10:54:49 PM

BTW, it's not just Horus.

I'm getting this from the "Truth Be Known" site. And I'm saying that these all match the life of Jesus or
that they all came before Jesus. Just giving you an idea of the claims.

The Jesus story incorporated elements from the tales of other deities recorded in this widespread area, such as many of the following world saviors and "sons of God," most or all of whom predate the Christian myth, and a number of whom were crucified or executed.33a

Adad of Assyria
Adonis, Apollo, Heracles ("Hercules") and Zeus of Greece
Alcides of Thebes
Attis of Phrygia
Baal of Phoenicia
Bali of Afghanistan
Beddu of Japan
Buddha of India
Crite of Chaldea
Deva Tat of Siam
Hesus of the Druids
Horus, Osiris, and Serapis of Egypt, whose long-haired, bearded appearance was adopted for the Christ character34
Indra of Tibet/India
Jao of Nepal
Krishna of India
Mikado of the Sintoos
Mithra of Persia
Odin of the Scandinavians
Prometheus of Caucasus/Greece
Quetzalcoatl of Mexico
Salivahana of Bermuda
Tammuz of Syria (who was, in a typical mythmaking move, later turned into the disciple Thomas35)
Thor of the Gauls
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls36
Wittoba of the Bilingonese
Xamolxis of Thrace
Zarathustra/Zoroaster of Persia
Zoar of the Bonzes

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 30, 2008, 11:04:44 PM

BTW, it's not just Horus.

I'm getting this from the "Truth Be Known" site. And I'm saying that these all match the life of Jesus or
that they all came before Jesus. Just giving you an idea of the claims.

The Jesus story incorporated elements from the tales of other deities recorded in this widespread area, such as many of the following world saviors and "sons of God," most or all of whom predate the Christian myth, and a number of whom were crucified or executed.33a

Adad of Assyria
Adonis, Apollo, Heracles ("Hercules") and Zeus of Greece
Alcides of Thebes
Attis of Phrygia
Baal of Phoenicia
Bali of Afghanistan
Beddu of Japan
Buddha of India
Crite of Chaldea
Deva Tat of Siam
Hesus of the Druids
Horus, Osiris, and Serapis of Egypt, whose long-haired, bearded appearance was adopted for the Christ character34
Indra of Tibet/India
Jao of Nepal
Krishna of India
Mikado of the Sintoos
Mithra of Persia
Odin of the Scandinavians
Prometheus of Caucasus/Greece
Quetzalcoatl of Mexico
Salivahana of Bermuda
Tammuz of Syria (who was, in a typical mythmaking move, later turned into the disciple Thomas35)
Thor of the Gauls
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls36
Wittoba of the Bilingonese
Xamolxis of Thrace
Zarathustra/Zoroaster of Persia
Zoar of the Bonzes

Joe... how can all of these people do the same thing that jesus does and not get as adorned?  There was only one person born of a virgin.  and one person that was resurrected i thought.  at least thats what the church tells us.

o wait.. i see... same birth sequence... some of the societies didnt know eachother existed.... must be.. astrological...

hmm... what could give them the same story?

o wait....

3 kings did you say.. you mean.. Aryans belt?

a star in the east... you mean... Sirius.. the brightest star in the night sky on dec 25.?

born of a virgin? name starts with an M ... the constellation Virgo is represented by the altered M. Virgo meaning Virgin.

Resurrected.. foreshadowing life after death?  you mean.. the beginning of spring? spring comes after winter.  life after death.  death of the sun.  then it rises... err.. resurrected.

easter is celebrated on the spring equinox?  you mean when the sun officially takes more time to set... giving longer days and more life.  giving crops life.

wow... there is more.. dont want to get into it...

funny how this religion was first made to deal with the physical world.  by putting stories with times of the year.   but in the end.. it detached us from eachother and the physical world. 

some people just dont get fairytails.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 30, 2008, 11:13:22 PM

Just a tiny bit of the Jesus/Horus stuff. Can't take all of the works and post it here.

http://truthbeknown.com/horus.html

Born of a Virgin on December 25th:
Horus, Sun God of Egypt

The following article is excerpted from:

Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled

by Acharya S

In the story regarding the sun god, the moon gives birth monthly and annually to the sun. In The Story of Religious Controversy, Joseph McCabe, a Catholic priest for many years, writes:

...Virginity in goddesses is a relative matter.

Whatever we make of the original myth...Isis seems to have been originally a virgin (or, perhaps, sexless) goddess, and in the later period of Egyptian religion she was again considered a virgin goddess, demanding very strict abstinence from her devotees. It is at this period, apparently, that the birthday of Horus was annually celebrated, about December 25th, in the temples. As both Macrobius and the Christian writer [of the "Paschal Chronicle"] say, a figure of Horus as a baby was laid in a manger, in a scenic reconstruction of a stable, and a statue of Isis was placed beside it. Horus was, in a sense, the Savior of mankind. He was their avenger against the powers of darkness; he was the light of the world. His birth-festival was a real Christmas before Christ.

The Chronicon Paschale, or Paschal Chronicle, is a compilation finalized in the 7th century CE that seeks to establish a Christian chronology from "creation" to the year 628 ce, focusing on the date of Easter. In establishing Easter, the Christian authors naturally discussed astronomy/astrology, since such is the basis of the celebration of Easter, a pre-Christian festival founded upon the vernal equinox, or spring, when the "sun of God" is resurrected in full from his winter death. The vernal equinox during the current Ages of Pisces has fallen in March, specifically beginning on March 21st, lasting three days, when the sun overcomes the darkness, and the days begin to become longer than the night. In the solar mythos, the sun god starts his growth towards "manhood," when he is the strongest, at the summer solstice. Hence, Easter is the resurrection of the sun. As does the ancient authority Macrobius (5th cent.), the Paschal Chronicle relates that the sun (Horus) was presented every year at winter solstice (c. 12/25), as a babe born in a manger.

Concerning the Paschal Chronicle, Charles Dupuis relates:

...the author of the Chronicle of Alexandria...expresses himself in the following words: "The Egyptians have consecrated up to this day the child-birth of a virgin and the nativity of her son, who is exposed in a 'crib' to the adoration of the people..."

Another important source who cites the Paschal Chronicle and mentions Isis's virginity is James Bonwick in Egyptian Belief and Modern Thought:

In an ancient Christian work, called the "Chronicle of Alexandria," occurs the following: "Watch how Egypt has consecrated the childbirth of a virgin, and the birth of her son, who was exposed in a crib to the adoration of her people..."

The author of Christian Mythology Unveiled cites the "most ancient chronicles of Alexandria, which "testify as follows":

"To this day, Egypt has consecrated the pregnancy of a virgin, and the nativity of her son, whom they annually present in a cradle, to the adoration of the people; and when king Ptolemy, three hundred and fifty years before our Christian era, demanded of the priests the significance of this religious ceremony, they told him it was a mystery."

CMU further states, "According to Eratosthenes [276-194 BCE], the celestial Virgin was supposed to be Isis, that is, the symbol of the returning year."

Interestingly, all sources cited herein relate a different translation of the Chronicle, which would indicate that they used the original Latin text and that it contained the word "virgin."

Regarding Isis's baby, Count Volney remarks:

"It is the sun which, under the name of Horus, was born, like your [Christian] God, at the winter solstice, in the arms of the celestial virgin, and who passed a childhood of obscurity, indigence, and want, answering to the season of cold and frost."

Regarding the astrotheological nature of the gospel story, including the virgin birth/immaculate conception, the famous Christian theologian and saint Albertus Magnus, or Albert the Great, (1193?-1280) admitted:

"We know that the sign of the celestial Virgin did come to the horizon at the moment where we have fixed the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. All the mysteries of the incarnation of our Saviour Christ; and all the circumstances of his marvellous life, from his conception to his ascension, are to be traced out in the constellations, and are figured in the stars."

As Albert the Great acknowledged, the virgin-birth motif is astrotheological, referring to the hour of midnight, December 25th, when the constellation of Virgo rises on the horizon. The Assumption of the Virgin, celebrated in Catholicism on August 15th, represents the summer sun's brightness blotting out Virgo. Mary's Nativity, celebrated on September 8th, occurs when the constellation is visible again. Such is what these "Christian" motifs and holidays represent, as has obviously been known by the more erudite of the Catholic clergy. Hence, the virgin who will conceive and bring forth is Virgo, and her son is the sun.

For more information, please see:

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold
Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 30, 2008, 11:19:06 PM

Just a tiny bit of the Jesus/Horus stuff. Can't take all of the works and post it here.

http://truthbeknown.com/horus.html

Born of a Virgin on December 25th:
Horus, Sun God of Egypt

The following article is excerpted from:

by Acharya S

In the story regarding the sun god, the moon gives birth monthly and annually to the sun. In The Story of Religious Controversy, Joseph McCabe, a Catholic priest for many years, writes:

...Virginity in goddesses is a relative matter.

Whatever we make of the original myth...Isis seems to have been originally a virgin (or, perhaps, sexless) goddess, and in the later period of Egyptian religion she was again considered a virgin goddess, demanding very strict abstinence from her devotees. It is at this period, apparently, that the birthday of Horus was annually celebrated, about December 25th, in the temples. As both Macrobius and the Christian writer [of the "Paschal Chronicle"] say, a figure of Horus as a baby was laid in a manger, in a scenic reconstruction of a stable, and a statue of Isis was placed beside it. Horus was, in a sense, the Savior of mankind. He was their avenger against the powers of darkness; he was the light of the world. His birth-festival was a real Christmas before Christ.

The Chronicon Paschale, or Paschal Chronicle, is a compilation finalized in the 7th century CE that seeks to establish a Christian chronology from "creation" to the year 628 ce, focusing on the date of Easter. In establishing Easter, the Christian authors naturally discussed astronomy/astrology, since such is the basis of the celebration of Easter, a pre-Christian festival founded upon the vernal equinox, or spring, when the "sun of God" is resurrected in full from his winter death. The vernal equinox during the current Ages of Pisces has fallen in March, specifically beginning on March 21st, lasting three days, when the sun overcomes the darkness, and the days begin to become longer than the night. In the solar mythos, the sun god starts his growth towards "manhood," when he is the strongest, at the summer solstice. Hence, Easter is the resurrection of the sun. As does the ancient authority Macrobius (5th cent.), the Paschal Chronicle relates that the sun (Horus) was presented every year at winter solstice (c. 12/25), as a babe born in a manger.

Concerning the Paschal Chronicle, Charles Dupuis relates:

...the author of the Chronicle of Alexandria...expresses himself in the following words: "The Egyptians have consecrated up to this day the child-birth of a virgin and the nativity of her son, who is exposed in a 'crib' to the adoration of the people..."

Another important source who cites the Paschal Chronicle and mentions Isis's virginity is James Bonwick in Egyptian Belief and Modern Thought:

In an ancient Christian work, called the "Chronicle of Alexandria," occurs the following: "Watch how Egypt has consecrated the childbirth of a virgin, and the birth of her son, who was exposed in a crib to the adoration of her people..."

The author of Christian Mythology Unveiled cites the "most ancient chronicles of Alexandria, which "testify as follows":

"To this day, Egypt has consecrated the pregnancy of a virgin, and the nativity of her son, whom they annually present in a cradle, to the adoration of the people; and when king Ptolemy, three hundred and fifty years before our Christian era, demanded of the priests the significance of this religious ceremony, they told him it was a mystery."

CMU further states, "According to Eratosthenes [276-194 BCE], the celestial Virgin was supposed to be Isis, that is, the symbol of the returning year."

Interestingly, all sources cited herein relate a different translation of the Chronicle, which would indicate that they used the original Latin text and that it contained the word "virgin."

Regarding Isis's baby, Count Volney remarks:

"It is the sun which, under the name of Horus, was born, like your [Christian] God, at the winter solstice, in the arms of the celestial virgin, and who passed a childhood of obscurity, indigence, and want, answering to the season of cold and frost."

Regarding the astrotheological nature of the gospel story, including the virgin birth/immaculate conception, the famous Christian theologian and saint Albertus Magnus, or Albert the Great, (1193?-1280) admitted:

"We know that the sign of the celestial Virgin did come to the horizon at the moment where we have fixed the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. All the mysteries of the incarnation of our Saviour Christ; and all the circumstances of his marvellous life, from his conception to his ascension, are to be traced out in the constellations, and are figured in the stars."

As Albert the Great acknowledged, the virgin-birth motif is astrotheological, referring to the hour of midnight, December 25th, when the constellation of Virgo rises on the horizon. The Assumption of the Virgin, celebrated in Catholicism on August 15th, represents the summer sun's brightness blotting out Virgo. Mary's Nativity, celebrated on September 8th, occurs when the constellation is visible again. Such is what these "Christian" motifs and holidays represent, as has obviously been known by the more erudite of the Catholic clergy. Hence, the virgin who will conceive and bring forth is Virgo, and her son is the sun.

For more information, please see:

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold
Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ

i must say i admire you joe.

they ask you questions.  you answer them. and they dont come back.  but you present yourself in an intelligent manner.  not here for arguing. you are just here for facts.

i have not moved into my place yet.. but will later this week.  i have some free time.. i think im going to start listening to jordan maxwell.

but man... you just flat out wreck these people that ask for facts.  you just bring em.  haha.

good stuff.  keep it coming as always.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 30, 2008, 11:21:51 PM

I do my fair share of arguing and baiting.

I really haven't proven anything. It's just too much to post here. It's all available for those who want to know.
Nothing I post will change minds, IMO.

IMO, it's obvious. But for so many, no evidence will be enough and it's obvious that Jesus was the SoG.

What I don't get is how people can read the info. about Isis and Horus and then really believe that Mary
was a virgin who was impregnated by God. The virgin stuff clearly is related to Virgo. And the founding of
this country was geared towards that too. Isis = Virgin = Sirius. Very intriguing to me. Especially since
there also seems to be a Mars connection.

My wife and I listened to that Maxwell lecture today. I always learn something from him. And with so many
free vids online, we never run out of stuff to listen to.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zeitgeistmovie.com, Joe, Religious People, Anybody??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools