Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Jones to the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« : June 30, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFl

Kevin Jones-RB- Lions Jun. 30 - 4:44 pm et

Kevin Jones is reportedly considering signing with the Bucs, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

The marginalization of Earnest Graham continues. Jones hasn't been linked to Tampa before and they aren't one of the six known teams to witness a workout this offseason, but his style would certainly fit the team. Perhaps this is Jones being smart and seeing a situation where he could rehab his value. It's uncertain if they've offered a contract.
Source: NFL.com
Related: Buccaneers

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #1 : June 30, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »

This must be faulty information. This move makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, should it happen.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

simmstheanswer

Starter

« #2 : June 30, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »

it would make sense, except we just re-signed Graham. it would also make sense if Caddy is never going to play again, considering that next year we will be needing some back-up RB help again.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #3 : June 30, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »

Makes sense if they aren't as in love with Bennet as some of the fans are.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #4 : June 30, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »

Interesting may the best RB win GO BUCS

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #5 : June 30, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »

What? why is he doing that? He has a much better chance of making a team not named the bucs.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #6 : June 30, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFl

Kevin Jones-RB- Lions Jun. 30 - 4:44 pm et

Kevin Jones is reportedly considering signing with the Bucs, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

The marginalization of Earnest Graham continues. Jones hasn't been linked to Tampa before and they aren't one of the six known teams to witness a workout this offseason, but his style would certainly fit the team. Perhaps this is Jones being smart and seeing a situation where he could rehab his value. It's uncertain if they've offered a contract.
Source: NFL.com
Related: Buccaneers

a little extra competition never hurt...

You must be accountable for your actions!

kmitchell

Starter

« #7 : June 30, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

I could see the bucs adding Kevin Jones. Graham's performance is uncertain after playing only half of a season. Bennett is not a starting quality RB, Dunn is just old, and there is no telling how long Cadillac's rehab will take. Kevin Jones could be a great starter here, or share carries with Graham.  But he also has durability problems, he'll fit in just fine!

« #8 : June 30, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »

This must be faulty information. This move makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, should it happen.

This signing would just solidify my belief that Carnell is done!!!

« #9 : June 30, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »

This signing would just solidify my belief that Carnell is done!!!

And if they sign Jones and cut Bennett, what would that do to your "Carnell is done" belief?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #10 : June 30, 2008, 06:38:28 PM »

If they sign Jones my bet is that Carnell has another year on IR or is traded.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #11 : June 30, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »

We are always interested in every option, they probably just sent somebody there to see if he is a diamond in the rough and impressed.

Keep in mind, it would probably have to be earth-shattering for them to even consider signing them. 

The Bucs want to keep every option open, and I say there's less than a 5% chance he signs with the Bucs.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 30, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »

No way will Jones be signed here.  Roster spots are just to valuable to sign another RB, who will ALSO want carries.  Not enough carries to split between 4 backs who all want to play.  Anyone who thinks Bennet will be cut is just....well, it seems Grudens invested alot of time gettin' Bennet ready for this season, he'll be a big part of the offense, IMO.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 30, 2008, 06:54:15 PM »

I'll believe it when I actually see him sign.  Reports of players going to the Bucs seem rather more common than players actually going to the Bucs.  And as others have said, this one just doesn't seem like it would make much sense.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #14 : June 30, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »

I believe they probably have offered him a 1 year, close to vet minimum deal. He's a very good back that could explode in this offense. Even last year he was good in the games he got 15+ carries.

15 for 76, TD
23 for 105, TD
17 for 71
20 for 93, TD
23 for 92, 2 TD

Total in those 5 games: 98 for 437, 4.5 ypc, 5 TDs

If they really do want him then I don't know why they would extend Graham. But that's par for the course around this regime, they never have a plan. But Jones in this offense would put up devastating production.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Jones to the Bucs? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools