Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Jones to the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#15 : June 30, 2008, 07:22:12 PM

I think this is another thing to get other teams to bite on him. Remember how Woodson came here and then Green Bay jumped all over him. Maybe they are just helping him out. I mean I heard earlier today that Cadillac wants to go at training camp. I doubt they will but sounds like he will be back sooner than we think. Im sorry "hate" and everyone else who think that Caddy is finished but I know he is going to get every chance to make it back on the team. They invested a number 5 overall pick in him. I know Benson got released but Caddy is better than him and has not gotten in trouble like Benson did. I think they will carry 4 backs this year at some point whether caddy is ready at the beginning of the season or not. That said I highly doubt that Jones signs here unless the team is not sold on Bennett or Caddy really is not ready to play and they want another guy to compete.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 30, 2008, 07:31:49 PM

Kevin Jones is a monster when healthy. Running behind that Lions line would damper a lot of guys but he put up some decent numbers. Will he be the number one? He has to earn it

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 30, 2008, 07:36:45 PM

Remember how Woodson came here and then Green Bay jumped all over him.

Maybe we should have signed him ourselves!  He's been pretty damn good for the Pack.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 30, 2008, 07:46:32 PM

This must be faulty information. This move makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, should it happen.

This signing would just solidify my belief that Carnell is done!!!

Sadly I may have to agree. :(

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 30, 2008, 08:50:33 PM

This story has been out there for more than a week. I think Schefter is simply late to the game.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 30, 2008, 11:23:16 PM

When you look at the injuries the Bucs had at running back by week 7 last year, you can't really blame them for leaving no stone unturned. If they sign Jones they can PUP Carnell and carry all 5 backs. If an injury occurs they are still set. If not and Cadillac looks healthy enough that you have to bring him back, both Jones and Bennett are under no risk contracts, and you can drop which ever one isn't playing as well.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#21 : June 30, 2008, 11:50:57 PM

Of all the so called experts, Shefter is usually the most accurate.

#22 : June 30, 2008, 11:53:20 PM

This story has been out there for more than a week. I think Schefter is simply late to the game.

Shefter knows his sh.., stuff.

BACKS FOR THE BUCS

Just because Tampa Bay has rewarded Earnest Graham with a three-year contract extension that includes $10.5 million worth of new money doesn't mean that the Buccaneers are done with running backs.

Free-agent running back Kevin Jones is seriously eyeing the Buccaneers and is considering signing with Tampa. Jones also has drawn interest from New England and Tennessee, but he thinks the situation in Tampa is enticing and the chance exists for him to excel there.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=83FF9F5029B8448FC9894F6ED0BE7186?id=09000d5d80914cca&template=with-video&confirm=true

bucs1

Practice Squad
#23 : June 30, 2008, 11:58:01 PM

I saw this tonight on NFL Network.  Adam Schefter said that Kevin Jones wants to sign with the Bucs, not that the Bucs are interested in signing Jones.  I think that this story was started by Jones' agent just to speed up the process of him signing with another team.  Remember, Bruce Allen will neither confirm or deny any report.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 01, 2008, 07:57:42 AM

I saw this tonight on NFL Network.  Adam Schefter said that Kevin Jones wants to sign with the Bucs, not that the Bucs are interested in signing Jones.  I think that this story was started by Jones' agent just to speed up the process of him signing with another team.  Remember, Bruce Allen will neither confirm or deny any report.

That is a good point.

But if he does sign with the Bucs this off season has become very interesting in a hurry. :o

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 01, 2008, 08:54:10 AM

They could sign him to a 1 yr contract no bonus as insurance for Cadillac or if Bennett isn't performing well....they could cut him in a month ....win win ....whats to lose...its good to have competition.

barberiino

Second String

#26 : July 01, 2008, 08:56:25 AM

unless he plays receiver, pass

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 01, 2008, 01:04:59 PM

If Caddy's rehab is in the gray area, I think he'll end up on IR again for this year.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 01, 2008, 01:09:13 PM

Safest bet, what's the rush.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 01, 2008, 01:32:03 PM

I just don't know, seems like we'd have too many quality ball carriers, all who would want the rock.

Its a nice problem to have but in the long run can threaten locker room camraderie. Last thing Gru needs is more players pissed off at him for "being mistreated".

If Jones is added, someone needs to be subtracted. It's not going to be Dunn or Graham...and Caddy is still in no-man's land, we wouldn't need to dump him. So the odd man out would be Bennett. Hopefully we would be able to get something for him....I like Jones but its risky since he's coming off a knee injury, plus Bennett would have better command of the offense.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Jones to the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools