Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Never to early to look towards 2009, when it concerns the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: July 03, 2008, 03:19:11 PM

I'm sad...

Could have stopped there... LOL  Get a glass of Kool Aid - it will revive you...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 30, 2008, 11:24:21 PM

Based off of the free agents to be at DT and the defensive line in general with players like Ryan Sims, Javon Haye and Kevin Carter all being unrestricted free agents after this season it is very likely the team will draft another DT even after draft Dre Moore this past draft.

A few players to keep an eye during the college football season along the the inside are

1. Vance Walker 6' 2 296 4.87 Georgia Tech
He finished last season with 45 tackles 14.5 tackles for loss 8.5 sacks 2 fumble recovers and 3 forced fumbles, in his career he has totaled 10 sacks and over 21 tackles for loss.

2. Jerry Peria 6' 3 298 4.98 Mississippi
he finished 2007 with 58 tackles 14 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks, in his career he has over 17 tackles for loss and 6 sacks.

3. Terrance Taylor 6'1 318 5.06 Michigan   
Last season he finished with 55 total tackles 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks, thus far he has over 20 tackles for loss and 7 sacks.

4. Demarcus Granger 6' 2 315 4.89 Oklahoma
finished 2007 with 35 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks has 13 tackles for loss in his career as wellas 4.5 sacks

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#2 : June 30, 2008, 11:47:45 PM

I'm saddened by the fact that 6 yrs into the Gruden era, we're still lookin for a QB, RB, and WR to build our offense around.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 30, 2008, 11:52:33 PM

Lol...Couldn't have said it better Hate...

3drdre

Starter

#4 : July 01, 2008, 03:51:05 AM

Greg Peterson and Dre Moore ... one of these guys should step up. Plus we have Jovan Haye who we will look into resigining in 2009.

I think Tampa's biggest need is LDE for the 2009 Draft as far as an emergency need. There is the possiblity we draft a RDE like George Selvie and move Gaines over to LDE, though I don't think that is a good idea.

Greg Hardy is on the top of my list for 2008 Defensive Ends. Tyson Jackson has a lot of upside but he only had 3.5 sacks last year. Greg Middelton is a very strong player versus the run, led the country with 16 sacks, though from the film I have watched I think he is a LDE in the NFL in a 4-3 defense...he can be elite there or be a solid RDE. He's 6'3 275 and has a sick bull rush. Very strong player I would love to see him opposite Gaines Adams.

The rest of Tampa's needs are "wait-and-see". We have to wait and see with Luke McCown and Josh Johnson. We have to wait-and-see with Mike Clayton and Dexter Jackson. We have to wait-and-see with Luke Petitgout and Donald Penn. Wait-and-see with Cadillac's return.

As far as Tampa's 2nd biggest need I'd say left tackle because of the value a franchise LT presents. We won't be high enough to get Oher (which will require a top 2 pick). I really love Eugene Monroe of Virginia and Ciron Black of LSU. Both should be very solid first round picks. Alex Boone, Xavier Fulton, and Andre Smith all have 1st round potential as well.

Concerning the value of LT and how the 2009 tackle class should dwarf the 2008 class (which is very scary) I think we will highly consider drafting one of these players in the first round.

#5 : July 01, 2008, 06:50:16 AM

A few guys next year I am lookig at (apart from the D)

1) Tim Tebow--We will have to have a bad year to even get a snowballs chance with Tim but GOD what this kid could do with this offense...and I am sure Jon would salavate at the chance to see what he could do with Tim.

2) Matthew Stafford (QB UGA)- More of a Brady Quinn type smart, athletic, and could be there reguardless of our season outcome

3) Percy Harvin (WR Florida)- Will be the most electric player in the draft a DeSean Jackson without the attitude and the disappearng act. The kid plays big against big competition and always around the play...he is injury prone though

4) Andre Smith (OT Alabama)- An absolute monster in the trenches very athletic for his size and instinctful. Many times you see Andre down the field blocking at his size that is a testiment to his ability

5) CJ Spiller (RB Clemson)- Speedster and a big playmaker...I however see him as "another Cadillac Williams" he has always shared carries with another bigger stronger back. Lets see how he does this season when he will be called upon to be a #1 guy

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 03, 2008, 01:30:32 PM

all this talk about offensive guys and no body mentions michael crabbtree? he is the guy we need to focus on

Crabtree is only a sophmore.

We should  monitor what Aaron Kelly from Clemson does, he would be a good draft pick but I would prefer harvin above anyone this year.

Crabtree is a sophomore, but he is 3 years removed from high school so he can declare.  The main reason I haven't mentioned him is because he will be a top 3-5 (maybe even the #1), pick.  Even the truely pessimistic fans here don't think the Bucs will pick in the top 5.  Harvin and Williams should slip to the 10-15 range where we could end up or trade up to.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 01, 2008, 11:51:32 AM

Hell why not go all thew way to 2010.... first round Tampa Bay Buccaneers two words.... Knowshon Moreno

And if we are thinking about Tebow...he needs to learn that running is hardly going to be an option for him but his passing statistics are top notch so he could make the transition. On the outside though Tebow looks like a "college QB" hopefully he can step up.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 01, 2008, 12:00:36 PM

Some other players that might be of interest or worth watching at the receiver position include.

1. Brooks Foster 6'3 205 4.47 North Carolina
Has 67 career receptions for 903 yards and 4 touchdowns

2. Marko Mitchell 6'4 200 4.49 Nevada
Has 92 career receptions for 1662 yards and 12 touchdowns

3. Ramses Barden 6' 6 224 4.50 Cal Poly
Has 139 career receptions for 2946 yards and 32 touchdowns

4. George Smith 6'3 202 4.5 Vanderbilt
Has 76 career receptions for 996 yards and 8 touchdowns

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 01, 2008, 12:03:59 PM

Quote from: Matt McGuire
1. Jeff Owens, Georgia  
Owens' game is severely underrated right now, but I'm confident the spotlight will shine on him this season.

2. Peria Jerry, Ole Miss  
A player who has much underrated athletic ability for the position.

3. Vince Oghobaase, Duke  
Young star whom I think will have a huge junior year. Great size at 6-6, 315.

4. DeMarcus Granger, Oklahoma  
Has character concerns after getting caught shoplifting the week before the Fiesta Bowl.

5. Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn  
Plays end for Auburn, but will kick inside in the NFL at three technique.

http://walterfootball.com/mattfivedefense.php

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 01, 2008, 12:23:48 PM

I'm saddened by the fact that 6 yrs into the Gruden era, we're still lookin for a QB, RB, and WR to build our offense around.

Don't forget a legitimate LT. 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qUnTSYzt7o&feature=related

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 01, 2008, 12:41:44 PM

Raji from BC.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 01, 2008, 04:59:01 PM

Some other players that might be of interest or worth watching at the receiver position include.

1. Brooks Foster 6'3 205 4.47 North Carolina
Has 67 career receptions for 903 yards and 4 touchdowns

2. Marko Mitchell 6'4 200 4.49 Nevada
Has 92 career receptions for 1662 yards and 12 touchdowns

3. Ramses Barden 6' 6 224 4.50 Cal Poly
Has 139 career receptions for 2946 yards and 32 touchdowns

4. George Smith 6'3 202 4.5 Vanderbilt
Has 76 career receptions for 996 yards and 8 touchdowns

For what, undrafted free agents?  According to Rivals.com, only 1 of these guys are in there top 25... of WR's... not overall!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 01, 2008, 05:36:37 PM

Depending on the season they have this year they could all move up or down the draft board, just because they are not players who get national attention does not mean they cant improve there stock.

Oliver Goldsmith

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 01, 2008, 06:26:44 PM

Depending on the season they have this year they could all move up or down the draft board, just because they are not players who get national attention does not mean they cant improve there stock.
All are 6' 3" or bigger. Recent trends have shown big bodied receivers are undervalued in the draft (Limas Sweed, Adarius Bowman, Malcolm Kelly, etc.). It's much more likely the 1st and 2nd round will be populated by a bunch of 5' 11" - 6' 1" guys who can run.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Never to early to look towards 2009, when it concerns the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools